Hearts Euro football 24/25 thread ( merged )

Gimme an H...

kingantti1874
14 hours ago, DB-14 said:

Current projected pots for UECL. Always nice to look at. 

IMG_0422.jpeg

How in the hell do TNS or shamrock rovers have a higher coefficient than us .

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Watt-Zeefuik

Cameronstheman

Like New Saints never seen Hearts play in Wales or even against a Welsh team 

Daveandal
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

How in the hell do TNS or shamrock rovers have a higher coefficient than us .

We currently have the Scotland coefficient as our club one will be lover than that. Next season it will most likely be higher. They will have been qualifying for Europe every season and picking up the occasional win meaning their individual coefficient is higher than the Welsh or Irish ones.

It shows the importance of being in Europe every season. Making getting to the league phase much easier if we come 4th etc.

Conversely in the seeded teams in the qualifying rounds there can still be a few "easier" teams.

Looking forward to this now . Euros and then European table / group football 

kingantti1874

Hopefully we spend a chunk of that money and sign 3/4 top players 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hopefully we spend a chunk of that money and sign 3/4 top players 

Yip . Needs freshened up a bit 

After today, we're hurting right now. Putting that performance behind us is not easy but we must. Focusing on getting 3rd in the bag asap becomes a real priority. I want a reaction against Kilmarnock. I'm angry and I hope the players are too.. 

frankblack

If we don't sort out our defence we will be leathered on a weekly basis in Europe like recent years.

57 minutes ago, frankblack said:

If we don't sort out our defence we will be leathered on a weekly basis in Europe like recent years.

We have a transfer window to sort that out and I expect we will 

12 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Spend the money wisely. 💰 

Stick it all on green / 00 and use the winnings to start a Gorgie Republic 

Edited by Sooks

frankblack
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Stock it all on green / 00 and use the winnings to start a Gorgie Republic 

I couldn't put anything on green. :lol:

jr ewing
43 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Stick it all on green / 00 and use the winnings to start a Gorgie Republic 

Never green. 

Jam-Tart
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

We have a transfer window to sort that out and I expect we will 

We had a transfer window last season & the season before that, does the font of all knowledge recommend how we do that without overspending (skinning) ourselves ?

footballingarts

I'm new on JKB so hope I'm asking this in the right place. Re European games, much is made of us 'getting' 5million or thereabouts for euro games coming up. But how much does the club spend on each away game? E.G Do we use  a charter flight, does everyone stay in a hotel the night before game? night immed after game? Surely the players don't fly back same night as match?

Just curious.  

AC Mallin_51

Yesterday hurt but a reminder of what we can look forward to next season. Another crack at Euro Group stage football along with all the financial rewards it brings. This has been a successful season. We need to kick on from here though 

Poseidon
On 21/04/2024 at 06:48, Cameronstheman said:

Like New Saints never seen Hearts play in Wales or even against a Welsh team 

You'd get one of those potentially 

1971fozzy
1 hour ago, footballingarts said:

I'm new on JKB so hope I'm asking this in the right place. Re European games, much is made of us 'getting' 5million or thereabouts for euro games coming up. But how much does the club spend on each away game? E.G Do we use  a charter flight, does everyone stay in a hotel the night before game? night immed after game? Surely the players don't fly back same night as match?

Just curious.  

Are you actually serious ?

gregzy2k7

Would love us to sneak into the europa league next season through the play off, the conference is great but the calibre of teams are a level below that of the Europa, imagine getting Man Utd or Roma at tynie next season!!

tbf I didn't think Zurich were that great In our last play off, felt we could have done better against them on another night.

colinmorewasgash

Not their yet lose on saturday and its doable for killie still. It would be bigger feck up than last season if blow it now, still sure we ll get there but footballs strange at times and we never do well in split.

10 hours ago, Jam-Tart said:

We had a transfer window last season & the season before that, does the font of all knowledge recommend how we do that without overspending (skinning) ourselves ?

The font of all knowledge :lol: 

We have added good players in the transfer windows you mentioned . We add more this upcoming window . We become a better side 

Ok so having gotten the frustration out of the way after yesterday's performance I'm starting to think of the progression of the team.

We have started recruitment well but need some more quality particularly as a we will have Thursday -Sunday matches 

So it got me thinking 🤔 

With the changes to European group stages coming this year, if we get the Europa league we are looking at 8 games, against top quality opponents, probably more 'money spinners' but less chance of getting results.

Drop into the conference league it's 6 games, less games, less glamorous but chances to hopefully get some wins on the board 

Given the calibre of opposition what would you rather have?

GinRummy

Europa League. I want us to play against the best level of opponent we can in Europe as often as possible. 

HopeDiouf

Conference. Cause we showed yesterday how far far away we are from europa league level.

Polonia Gorgie

I'd like us to get into the Europa League, some of the quality in that competition is unbelievable, some of the groups look like champions league groups. Of course we'd have a better chance of picking up points in the conference though 

SectionN

Sure I seen a list on twitter of potential opponents for both competitions?

Hopefully someone can add to this page. Some superb trips, would love a trip to Portugal. Would take the kids & make it a family holiday. 

I know spending money doesn't guarantee success or for the players to be any better than a free signing but I'd like to see us spend some of the guaranteed euro money on a CM, RB and a striker. 

* Guaranteed money assuming we finish 3rd

Edited by Mirror

May one-six

Not fussed either way, though Europa League would be better since it has more high profile teams. The most important thing is to get the balance right in our approach. The most important thing about playing in Europe next season is making sure it doesn't **** up our chances of playing in Europe the following season.  

Selkirkhmfc1874

Obviously would prefer Europa league because guaranteed couple more games and greater financial rewards but conference league a great back up 

Scott Leitch
18 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Obviously would prefer Europa league because guaranteed couple more games and greater financial rewards but conference league a great back up 

Conference is the set up as the Europa next season I'm sure? Same amount of games. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Third place Euro football ( merged )
HopeDiouf
3 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Conference is the set up as the Europa next season I'm sure? Same amount of games. 

No 8 v 6.  

FionaHmfc
55 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Sure I seen a list on twitter of potential opponents for both competitions?

Hopefully someone can add to this page. Some superb trips, would love a trip to Portugal. Would take the kids & make it a family holiday. 

342D1F21-B501-4C23-BBAB-DC7C5B133A97.jpeg

493DD118-038F-4BF8-9B72-E1AA9B9B4C15.jpeg

footballingarts
On 22/04/2024 at 20:27, 1971fozzy said:

Yeah, sorry, of course they stay in hotel after game. But otherwise, anyone any ideas of what costs  are per away game in Europe - would be interesting to see net gain from the 5 million.

alicante jambo

Certainly dont want europa league. We are miles off that level. Feck me look at us against paok, istanbul. Conference is what i would like theres a few not so good teams we would have a chance. Maybe even a couple of wins would give us win money but aye it would be grwat having a battle of britain against an english team but getting shagged 8 - 0 on aggregate would not do us any favours.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
31 minutes ago, footballingarts said:

Yeah, sorry, of course they stay in hotel after game. But otherwise, anyone any ideas of what costs  are per away game in Europe - would be interesting to see net gain from the 5 million.

5 million is min payment for being in the competition.  I think there’s normally another 1-2 million for TV rights.

On top of that, we’ll have the revenues from a min of 4 or 5 home games, depending on whether it’s the Europa League or Conference League we manage to qualify for.  I’d like to think that alone would bring in another 2-3 million taking into account hospitality, hotel, advertising and sponsorship, ticket sales etc.

So 10 million is more like the prize.

We usually spend 1-2 nights before the match, and if a charter come back the night of the match.

Probably about 70k-100k per trip for taking away 30-35 people, the latter if a charter which we then usually sell 50-60 seats to journalists and fans.

Jim_Duncan
59 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Certainly dont want europa league. We are miles off that level. Feck me look at us against paok, istanbul. Conference is what i would like theres a few not so good teams we would have a chance. Maybe even a couple of wins would give us win money but aye it would be grwat having a battle of britain against an english team but getting shagged 8 - 0 on aggregate would not do us any favours.

We took on Liverpool over two legs with John McGlynn in charge and did alright. 

I don’t understand this mentality at all. If we somehow split the old firm and manages to qualify for the CL, would you rather we turned down the place?

We should always be aiming for the highest level. 

JimmyCant
10 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I don’t understand this mentality at all. If we somehow split the old firm and manages to qualify for the CL, would you rather we turned down the place?

The mentality is based on reality. First and foremost all fans of any club like to see games where there is a fair chance of a good outcome. We’d get some serious beatings in the Europa league, probably a couple of real embarrassing outcomes. Sorry but I don’t want to spend hundreds on a 3 day trip to watch Hearts being embarrassed

Plus , there is this myth that you ‘learn something’ playing these big teams. The only thing you actually learn is that you’re not at their level. They dismiss you without breaking sweat.

Finally, we’d very likely make more money in the Conference League which means we’ve won or drawn some games, improved our Co/ef and had a jolly good time visiting teams who wouldn’t wipe their arse with the likes of us

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The mentality is based on reality. First and foremost all fans of any club like to see games where there is a fair chance of a good outcome. We’d get some serious beatings in the Europa league, probably a couple of real embarrassing outcomes. Sorry but I don’t want to spend hundreds on a 3 day trip to watch Hearts being embarrassed

Plus , there is this myth that you ‘learn something’ playing these big teams. The only thing you actually learn is that you’re not at their level. They dismiss you without breaking sweat.

Finally, we’d very likely make more money in the Conference League which means we’ve won or drawn some games, improved our Co/ef and had a jolly good time visiting teams who wouldn’t wipe their arse with the likes of us

So you would hope for us to get beat in the qualifier? 

Clerry Jambo

Just a wee side note, loving the LiveScore app just now

fixtures in the “premiership relegation zone”

the big game must be saint Johnstone v HIbernian FC

yes I’m easily amused!!

JimmyCant
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

We can’t lose in the qualifier. Both possible outcomes are fine by me. I think the long run benefit would be in the Conference. Bit of a naughty question Dave to be honest

Luckies1874
2 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

Your general point has plenty merit but just to clarify there is no such thing as aggregate in the Group Stages anymore as we will only play each team once. 8 different sides in the Europa League and 6 different sides in the Conference League with 4 or 3 home / away matches. 

Jim_Duncan
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

🤩

11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We can’t lose in the qualifier. Both possible outcomes are fine by me. I think the long run benefit would be in the Conference. Bit of a naughty question Dave to be honest

Not really. More money, more prestige in the higher level. We then attract better players to the squad and kick on. 

‘Prefer the Conference League’ reminds of those losers that talk about games v the OF as being ‘a free hit’ or came out of Hampden last weekend saying ‘just as well really as we’d lose to Celtic in the final’. 

I want Hearts to win every game. That would mean us qualifying for the EL. 

JimmyCant
1 minute ago, Jim_Duncan said:

🤩

Not really. More money, more prestige in the higher level. We then attract better players to the squad and kick on. 

‘Prefer the Conference League’ reminds of those losers that talk about games v the OF as being ‘a free hit’ or came out of Hampden last weekend saying ‘just as well really as we’d lose to Celtic in the final’. 

I want Hearts to win every game. That would mean us qualifying for the EL. 

Realism vs Optimism. Age old arguement mate

RedStarRiot
On 22/04/2024 at 09:27, 1971fozzy said:

I think his question is really that whilst we receive 5m. What does the expenditure look like in comparison. I’d imagine travel and accommodation for a whole squad of players is quite costly and will take a chunk out of the European earnings 

45 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

I think his question is really that whilst we receive 5m. What does the expenditure look like in comparison. I’d imagine travel and accommodation for a whole squad of players is quite costly and will take a chunk out of the European earnings 

Our costs will be a lot lower than 2 seasons ago as we had to spend a lot to bring our stadium up to standard

alicante jambo
4 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I hear you i do. But if we somehow manage to split the old firm with this team it will be a miracle as we are absolutely nowhere near them. We nearly did under romanov and look how it all ended. We nearly beat bayern munich but never. Our recent european games tell you everything about our team. Even at conference level we are miles off no whether thats tje quality of player or the way we are set up i dont know but aberdeen gave it a go recently and were miles ahead of them. I agree aim for the highest level we can but with these players i reckon we are there. We have dhanda and another 2 coming in but we still have too many who struggle to get to that higher level. Europe shows you that and sevco games. Im a realist lets forget splitting the old firm and consitantly get 3rd.

Buster HMFC

Last week was so disappointing but credit where its due. The players have got us over the line

alicante jambo
Just now, Buster HMFC said:

Last week was so disappointing but credit where its due. The players have got us over the line

Well said buster. 

alicante jambo

Its happening jambos no way will killie catch us. Get the passports ready were going to europe.

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts Euro football 24/25 thread ( merged )