Can this weekend be special?

Gordons left glove

Gordons left glove

County and Motherwell have proven they can do it, we almost did too. Can we finally beat them? Can we lift this cup? My mind says we'll get beat but my heart's saying we can do it.

Up to the players, can't show Rangers any respect, or let them get into any sort of rhythm. 

Lets hope so, but its going to be a tall order.

RedStarRiot

Celtic and Ross County both appeared to target Taviniers defensive abilities. 

We have to change our mindset of recent Hampden games v them and take the game to them.

NaturalOrder74

We’ve beaten them with way worse hearts teams than what we have now 

Lambert Simnel

We can do it. Unlikely, but definitely possible. After today, Rangers will have to be pretty much full strength away at Dens in mid-week on what might be a quagmire of a pitch - that should help, but Naisy getting the attitude right for us is more important.

jimbojambo

As they say it's the hope that kills you. But fingers crossed that the stars are in alignment and in 30 years time they are still remembering a great day and result😊

jambmoz

We can do it, unfortunately we seem to over think these games looking for a tactical masterpiece. Just turn up with our strongest team and play our game and you never know. We can definitely cause them problems if we give ourselves a chance. County just never sat back today and it worked.

Watt-Zeefuik

I'm as confident as one can be when it comes to these games, which is still not totally of course but I feel very good about. It's setting up well for us—Rangers will be 100% focused on a must-win game Wednesday on a shite pitch against a team that's going to be digging in and snarling. It's as good a time as any to play them.

13 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

Remember when Robbie Muirhead had him in his pocket for 90 mins. Need to make him work by running in behind and not give him space to roam as he is dangerous going forward.

loveofthegame

Hope not expectation, but where there’s hope there’s life 😃

Seriously though they’re vulnerable. We need to believe. We didn’t believe in the cup final under Robbie and set up to avoid defeat and play for pens. We didn’t believe in November and sat back until they picked us off.

150 ****ing years with no victories at Hampden. That has to end one day. Hopefully it’s Sunday. And if not we lick our wounds and look back on what’s ultimately been a good campaign.

kingantti1874

The law of averages says one day we will beat them at hampden.  We’ve got it in us 

Bongo 1874
23 minutes ago, Gordons left glove said:

County and Motherwell have proven they can do it, we almost did too. Can we finally beat them? Can we lift this cup? My mind says we'll get beat but my heart's saying we can do it.

we play with the right attitude we win.

Debut 4
19 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

We can’t get uncomfortable when Rangers have the ball and probe. Just be brave enough with conviction when the timing is there to close down and hassle.  

Hard work too. It’s not accusing the team of not trying but sometimes our focus isn’t quite right in the hard work aspect, whether off the ball or on it.  It looks too passive and we go through the motions in spells, particularly at the start of matches. 

When the focus does kick in we are a dangerous side with players who can hurt. It’s about courage and belief, simple as.  You can talk all day about systems of play but nothing works without the human elements. 

Edited by Debut 4

martoon

What a game to win.

It would be a game changer for the club as part of our upward trajectory.

Get them pumped, Hearts.

:flagwave:

Polonia Gorgie

We're definitely good enough to beat them, I'm assuming Gordon starts. So if Gordon and Shankland are on point we'll have a great chance of beating them 

8 minutes ago, Gordons left glove said:

The Referee is Steven McLean and this is a bit of hinderance to our prospects. Nevertheless, given today's result and the resultant blow to their title prospects, this is probably as good a time as any to play them.

gordon simpson

Sevco are there for the beating ,we only need to turn up and show no respect 

If carlsberg did rivals...

To win we'll have to be 2 up going into the last 10 minutes to counter their late penalty.

Bull's-eye

Can't see it tbh. Even scoring early won’t fill me full of hope as we're nowhere near ruthless enough to put games to bed.  Yesterday being a prime example,  we can't seem to concentrate for the full 90 and the Buns have our number unfortunately. 

Gotta be in it to win though. 

jimbojambo

It's a weakness of theirs that they commit men forward so we know we could hit them on the break. Simon Murray on the secret of beating them today. We really need to be on it defensively and take our chances when we get them. Let's hope every Jambo makes an effort and it's a special day for us ❤️

vegas-voss

We can but we have to be at our very best and them at slightly under to beat them.

Bunny Munro

I can definitely see us beating Rangers/Celtic at Hampden.

Unfortunately I don't see us beating Rangers AND Celtic at Hampden.

43 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

They certainly did. Rightly so as he's a dreadful defender. I fear we'll see him afforded far too much time and space next week.

Sunday is a big day for Naismith and this group of players. Need to show that lessons have been learned from games against Rangers this season. 

gregzy2k7

Hopefully we can end their season next weekend.

It's been overdue,

Cmon the Hearts 

zeke1874

I hate the whole never beat them at hampden narrative. We beat them in a cup final. So forget this jinx thing. We'll be underdogs and rightly so but the pressure is starting to mount on them and pressure can do funny things...

We can't afford any passengers and every players needs to graft to the max. Snap into them and make it a battle. And for God's sake don't conced early. I'll be there and right now not overly confident but will be well up for it by Sunday. Mon the Hearts!!

Seaside Dave

The wife's panicking now as rangers are dung and when we pump them she says I'm not booking the final as we go to lanzarote early hours on the Sunday 26th lol 

Rocky jamboa

We're due a win against them. Need to have a bit more belief this time, not give them any time on the ball, and not sit deep and try to defend for 90 mins (or 120 mins as in neilsons case when we got beat in ET!).

I'm hopeful Naismith will have us prepared to have a right good go at it.

PortyBeach
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

We can’t get uncomfortable when Rangers have the ball and probe. Just be brave enough with conviction when the timing is there to close down and hassle.  

Hard work too. It’s not accusing the team of not trying but sometimes our focus isn’t quite right in the hard work aspect, whether off the ball or on it.  It looks too passive and we go through the motions in spells, particularly at the start of matches. 

When the focus does kick in we are a dangerous side with players who can hurt. It’s about courage and belief, simple as.  You can talk all day about systems of play but nothing works without the human elements. 

Good comment and analysis. Let’s hope we get the result and take the same mindset into the Final…

been here before

Can it be? Aye it can, most certainly.

Will it be? Probably no 😆

Edited by been here before

2 hours ago, RedStarRiot said:

TBF  hard to defend when your constantly standing on the opposing teams penalty spot  🙂

Jim_Duncan
1 hour ago, Seaside Dave said:

The wife's panicking now as rangers are dung and when we pump them she says I'm not booking the final as we go to lanzarote early hours on the Sunday 26th lol 

Who said pronouns aren’t important?

You can see her on the 28th. 

Had a day watching games on the TV today, something I seldom do. If today's results don't reinforce the fact that not always does the team we expect to win win then I don't know what would. Its the very essence of what we love about the sport, the unexpected does happen. I can see us winning this just as much as us taking a hiding, truth may be somewhere in between and it may very well go the distance. I'm full of hope and I can't ****ing wait!

Aussie Jambo

Depends what happens on Wednesday. If they get beat again then could work in our favour. They looked mince vs Smeltic. Even more so against RC. I’m very hopeful. 

Gorgie_Rules

Need them to have a serious off day as usual. We have shown this season we can cause any team problems home or away, particularly with a prolific striker like Shankland. However Rangers have quality players on £20k+ a week who can turn it on more often than not and win the majority of games they play.

Can’t have any expectation with the gulf between both the Old Firm and the rest, but if we catch them on an off day we have a more than capable manager and squad to cause them problems.

Ulysses
4 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

As they say it's the hope that kills you. 

Indeed. 🤷‍♂️

Pasquale for King

Yes, choose the right team, formation and tactics and away we go. 

Seaside Dave
2 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Who said pronouns aren’t important?

You can see her on the 28th. 

Yassssss 

Yes we can.  We'll be picking up a hard-fought 2-1 victory.  Then we will beat Celtic in the final.

pettigrewsstylist

Dingwall certainly gives SN food for thought. 

Them having to play midweek is also a large slice of luck we were not expecting.

Competing against this lot and making a game of it would be nice.

Fraggle

As others have said, it's the hope that gets you. Play like we did first 20 mins on Saturday it will be over by 1/2 time. Set up like we did at Ibrox earlier in the season we might finally find our Unicorn. Unfortunately, I think there are a number of reasons why, this game won't be it. 

Finlay James

Rangers always bring their A game when it comes to us and next week will be no different.

We definitely can win but everything will need to click and we need to have no fear.  Make no mistake, Naisy will be loving the build up and channeling the players mindsets.

Sherbet
10 hours ago, RS86 said:

Remember when Robbie Muirhead had him in his pocket for 90 mins. Need to make him work by running in behind and not give him space to roam as he is dangerous going forward.

He will still get forward for their penalty(s)

Benny Klack

No reason why not - we have the players to hurt anyone on their day - along with a very astute manager. 

FionaHmfc
3 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Get vargas on Taverners . He is so slow.

So is Goldson so Vargas lining up against that side will give them something to worry about. I’d put Oda on the other wing up against Barasic too