Grant giving ball to Shanks.

japanjambo

japanjambo

What a fabulous gesture from Grant after the penalty was awarded. Walked straight over to Shanks and gave him the ball. Think Shanks has been struggling a wee bit recently, goal wise. So lovely to to see Grant do this. Well done Jorge!

Diadora Van Basten

I thought it was strange that after each goal the referee changed the match ball however it turns out the match balls are up for sale on the Matchworn auction site.

Another mystery solved.

Lone Striker
4 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

What a fabulous gesture from Grant after the penalty was awarded. Walked straight over to Shanks and gave him the ball. Think Shanks has been struggling a wee bit recently, goal wise. So lovely to to see Grant do this. Well done Jorge!

Yes, good on him.  Maybe some logic behind it though - a chance for Shanks to build his confidence  ahead of the semi ?   His passing was below normal standard yesterday, although he always works hard to get involved and give an option to team-mates. 

Grant has really grown on me this season. I think he could be a very useful player next year, going to be a lot of competition for places, but he's keeping Fraser out the team with ease and seems to have formed a very good understanding with Shanks. 

alicante jambo
6 minutes ago, theflagman said:

Just goes to show  we play as a team . 

This. 

15 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Yes, good on him.  Maybe some logic behind it though - a chance for Shanks to build his confidence  ahead of the semi ?   His passing was below normal standard yesterday, although he always works hard to get involved and give an option to team-mates. 

I thought Shanklands passing was outstanding and he brought others into play brilliantly 

Boyces beard

Grant is looking far more confident on the ball and his game is moving up a level from what we have witnessed up until now. Having his family moving up to join him  must be massive for him and he will be a big player moving forward if he keeps his form up. 

Handing the ball to Shanks also showed a touch of class and showed that he is a team player. Well done fella.

Scott Monument

A very good gesture from grant I also think rotating the penalty takers is good although Joe hart thought otherwise 

Boyces beard
17 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

His passes for the 1st two goals where great and his little side of the foot flick to release Cochrane down the left for the 3rd goal was sublime. He dispatched his penalty with confidence as well. Involved in every goal yesterday, i though he had a very good game both on and off the ball.

FionaHmfc

Yep very well done from Jorge. Lovely thing to do to get Shanks back on the scoresheet. If Jorge had taken it and scored he’d have been on a hat trick aswell so a very selfless thing to do. Love seeing that from our team 

19 minutes ago, OTT said:

Grant has really grown on me this season. I think he could be a very useful player next year, going to be a lot of competition for places, but he's keeping Fraser out the team with ease and seems to have formed a very good understanding with Shanks. 

Yep, motm by some distance for me. He is really starting to dictate games and seems tone getting better and better. 

ScottieMac17

Thought Jorge was outstanding yesterday! Great performance and great gesture 👏 

dannymack
31 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I thought it was strange that after each goal the referee changed the match ball however it turns out the match balls are up for sale on the Matchworn auction site.

Another mystery solved.

Seen Gogs after the 6th goal indicating to the dug out with a " no goat any baws left " gesture 😄

AndrewB

I’m ready to forgive him for the dive v Zurich.

For the avoidance of doubt, this is a joke.  I don’t hold grudges for that long.  Not against our own players anyway.  John Hartson, Neil Orr and Terry Hurlock, however...

tian447
15 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Joe Hart will be boiling lol 🤣🤣

Joe Hart doesn't have the mental capacity to think about things outside of his direct field of vision. 

Gorgierools
25 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

His passes for the 1st two goals where great and his little side of the foot flick to release Cochrane down the left for the 3rd goal was sublime. He dispatched his penalty with confidence as well. Involved in every goal yesterday, i though he had a very good game both on and off the ball.

100%

Gorgierools
26 minutes ago, Scott Monument said:

A very good gesture from grant I also think rotating the penalty takers is good although Joe hart thought otherwise I 

Surely your having a laugh. There's gold fish out there that would beat Hart in a pub quiz

Bull's-eye

Thought Shanks was our worst player yesterday, gave the ball away a huge amount of times.

Don't care though, good to see players reading his crosses and now starting to bust a gut to get into box. Its taken most of the season for them to realise when he goes wide he invariably gets the ball back across the box.

Uncle Buck
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Thought Shanks was our worst player yesterday, gave the ball away a huge amount of times.

Don't care though, good to see players reading his crosses and now starting to bust a gut to get into box. Its taken most of the season for them to realise when he goes wide he invariably gets the ball back across the box.

Absolute nonsense. He got two assists, scored a penalty, was involved in the third with the flick to Cochrane and was unlucky with his shot off the bar. Aye he was shite, right enough.

Edited by Uncle Buck

hearts00

Disagree. Grant should be selfish there. 

He is playing superbly, already scored one, personally I want Grant to go on and cement it with another goal. 

Grant is showing great signs recently and I want him to add that bit of nastiness

/ dominance / arrogance to his game. 

Bull's-eye
4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Absolute nonsense. He got two assists, scored a penalty, was involved in the third with the flick to Cochrane and was unlucky with his shot off the bar. Aye he was shite, right enough.

I certainly never said he was Shite.

He didn't have a great game over the 90 minutes, he'll admit that himself, no biggy though.

Hope his replacement contributes as much as he does over the season.

1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Another mystery solved.

Thought that was the case as it was Claire Cowan taking the balls down the tunnel wasn't it?

RustyRightPeg

Grant and Shanks are close. We have a great dressing room. 

Lambert Simnel

Another mystery solved.

The Matchworn site also has the ball for 'Well's 94th minute equaliser available - current high bid is a mere £77 for a piece of real Hibs history.

Lambert Simnel
27 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I really don't see it. He was significantly involved in four goals.  That sounds like a good day at the office to me.

whodanny
1 hour ago, lou said:

I thought Shanklands passing was outstanding and he brought others into play brilliantly 

Aye, this. What about that wee flick on to Cochrane for our third. Sublime.

Victor Meldrew
1 hour ago, Boyces beard said:

Grant is looking far more confident on the ball and his game is moving up a level from what we have witnessed up until now. Having his family moving up to join him  must be massive for him and he will be a big player moving forward if he keeps his form up. 

Handing the ball to Shanks also showed a touch of class and showed that he is a team player. Well done fella.

How long does he have on his contract?

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
2 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

End of next season.  He turns 30 in Dec.

If he can keep showing this form over the next month or so, be good to extend that for another couple of years.

Naismith clearly rates him, and sees him playing in the team he is fashioning.

milky_26

Another mystery solved.

the balls current bids are between £77 (grants goal) to £252 (shanks goal)

Boyces beard
1 minute ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Summer 2025 but would be hopeful of an extension if his recent form holds up.

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Joe Hart doesn't have the mental capacity to think about things outside of his direct field of vision. 

Not that that matters when one of those things in his direct field of vision is zipping past into the net. 

jr ewing
2 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Another mystery solved.

Should have been mentioned before hand. What are these giant screens for, if not information. Only found out at half time. 

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Ooft. Thats quite a leap you've made there, interpreting  the comment "below normal standard" as meaning  "shite".     

john thomas
3 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Baffling

Mr Rabbit
2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

That’s some take when Kent, Atkinson and Gordon all had the games they had.

Personally thought he looked a lot sharper after having the time out and was back to his best.

AlimOzturk

Another player Naismith seems to be improving. 

FYI, the cammy Devlin box to box player we seem to working on gives me real hope. 

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Another mystery solved.

That's right ye. 

Ex member of the SaS
3 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Another mystery solved.

Maybe got this wrong but I thought the club paid for the balls yet the GFA is raffling them?

sjh1874

Shanks was excellent yesterday, a real team performer. Grant is a very gifted footballer who under Naisy is showing his worth. Good times

Ex member of the SaS

Shanks had to score! ( knew he would mind ) but he needed the goal to keep him in the mind the National manager. Felt he was trying too hard recently and that was why he was struggling slightly. Good to see the team players being team players.

Having McKay back makes a huge difference to both Grant and Shanks. He drifts around pulling players out of position and can find their runs with his passing. Good to have him back another good option for us and he’ll know he needs to play well to keep his place no more automatic picks in this squad, perform or you’ll be out.

Benny Klack
3 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

I certainly never said he was Shite.

He didn't have a great game over the 90 minutes, he'll admit that himself, no biggy though.

Hope his replacement contributes as much as he does over the season.

Mad how fans can see things so differently on the park. Shankland was never our worst player yesterday - thought he was pretty decent, getting involved in most of our play, two great assists, brilliant penalty and very unlucky with his effort off the woodwork. Not sure how on earth you could say he was our worst performer. Suspect he wouldn’t say that either to be honest.

I actually walked out the ground saying to my mate that Shankland was returning to form just in time for next week.

Benny Klack

Grant has really grown on me this season - I know he divides our support but to me he gives us an edge and is a miss when not playing. Another example of Naismith coaching players way better than Neilson ever did.

Having Grant firing on all cylinders along with a fully fit McKay will give us a real edge this season and next.

Dhanda and Spittal as well is quite exciting 👍

Mikey1874
2 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Mad how fans can see things so differently on the park. Shankland was never our worst player yesterday - thought he was pretty decent, getting involved in most of our play, two great assists, brilliant penalty and very unlucky with his effort off the woodwork. Not sure how on earth you could say he was our worst performer. Suspect he wouldn’t say that either to be honest.

I actually walked out the ground saying to my mate that Shankland was returning to form just in time for next week.

McKay changes the game as he is now Number 1 player to get the ball.

So we see a bit less of Shankland but his contribution yesterday was outstanding. If Steve Clarke watches the tape of that which he probably does then he starts for Scotland in the Euros.