Time to kick on

AC Mallin_51

AC Mallin_51

Firstly Hibernian & Aberdeen Football Clubs get it well and truly round you both

Let’s kick on now, let’s put serious daylight between us and our so called “closest competitors”. Let’s do what we should’ve done after 21/22 and make 3rd our own. Let’s make Hibs and Aberdeen and all the rest of the dross in the league completely irrelevant to us. Let’s cash in on another healthy European adventure whilst hibs are being taken for a ride by Bournemouth and Aberdeen go through manager after manager whilst having the burning hole of a new stadium that’ll never get built. We are in the best place we’ve been off the park, if we play our cards right in a few years time we will truly be miles ahead of that lot. Then once we do that, then we can look upwards. No more false dawns this time Hearts, lets well and truly restore natural order for years and years to come 🇱🇻

Edited by AC Mallin_51

Doc Rob

Assuming we secure 3rd and it’s good enough for the group stages in Europe, our target has to be to be strong enough to campaign on two fronts. We struggled last season and Aberdeen even more so this season.

The next target after that is to be good enough to get group stage football via the qualifying rounds.

Libertarian
2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Assuming we secure 3rd and it’s good enough for the group stages in Europe, our target has to be to be strong enough to campaign on two fronts. We struggled last season and Aberdeen even more so this season.

The next target after that is to be good enough to get group stage football via the qualifying rounds.

The next target should also be to seriously start challenging the two Glasgow sides.

Stone1992
16 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

The next target should also be to seriously start challenging the two Glasgow sides.

Not going to happen or realistic without massive cash injections year on year. 

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

The facts dont back that claim up,we won 4, lost 2 and drew 1 game after European games. We had a lot of injuries too but we didn’t struggle until about February. 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Absolutely 

This is My Story Podcast

We now have: 

St Mirren at Home 

Rangers at Home 

Dundee Away

Celtic Away 

Killie Away 

I was at a meeting with the club a couple of weeks back and they reckon we will get a 3rd away trip to Dundee due to them having an imbalance of home vs away. 

1 minute ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

We now have: 

St Mirren at Home 

Rangers at Home 

Dundee Away

Celtic Away 

Killie Away 

I was at a meeting with the club a couple of weeks back and they reckon we will get a 3rd away trip to Dundee due to them having an imbalance of home vs away. 

Better hope it’s no raining that week!

Australis
10 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

We now have: 

St Mirren at Home 

Rangers at Home 

Dundee Away

Celtic Away 

Killie Away 

The Dundee match is getting played in July.

Russ1977
41 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

We were 3rd when we got knocked out of Europe. Our issue last season was nearer the end of it. 

Super_Hans

Definitely need to kick on next season especially with the Scottish Cup winners/3rd place guaranteed group stage football again.

Watt-Zeefuik
58 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

That's a huge step up. I want to start finishing closer to them than the chasing pack, but finishing high enough to qualify for the Conference knockout stages is almost certainly easier than splitting the OF and the payoff is higher too. If we can start making league stage the rule for us and qualifying out of them a semi-regular occurrence, that gives us the financial platform to start nosing in on the OF.

Pans Jambo
56 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

We now have: 

St Mirren at Home 

Rangers at Home 

Dundee Away

Celtic Away 

Killie Away 

2 at home and 3 away!!! Colour me shocked!!!

(Has this been confirmed)?

jock _turd
1 hour ago, Libertarian said:

That , as you know, is not going to happen! I do not get why fans come on here saying that. Those two are miles ahead of anything we can come up with.... its like us and Hibs.

jamboinglasgow
27 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

2 at home and 3 away!!! Colour me shocked!!!

(Has this been confirmed)?

To be fair, its so that we have 19 home matches and 19 away matches.

jamboinglasgow

Obviously 3rd has not been guaranteed (though would require Kilmarnock to win 4 out of their last 5 games and us not to win any games) and group stage football for third (or us winning the cup) has not been confirmed until at least next weekend.

But certainly its looking very likely that we have Group stage football next season. So what does it mean to kick on from here? Well I would argue getting third again next season would be kicking on (hopefully closer to the Old Firm) as I do think its underestimated how tough it is playing Thursday to Sunday and pushing in both Europe and domestically. If we get that sorted then I would see us having a squad that can adapt.

Hibs and Aberdeen need to rebuild in the summer. Aberdeen will have a new manager but they need to get players in and get them up to speed. Hibs are a bit of a mess so need surgery to their squad. How effectively either squad can do that remains to be seen. Plus they will have a deficit in money to us if we have group stage money. Transfer money may help them, Aberdeen will probably sell Miovski and will be hoping to get decent money if Ferguson is sold by Bologna in the summer. Hibs dont really have a player they can sell for good money at the moment so will be hoping that Bournemouth can provide a player who is going to be a level above the rest of their players.

So to me, I know this may be unpopular, but to me I think us building bit by bit is the way. We take the level we are and improve, get third, push for cups again, look better in Europe, then use the increase in money to improve the squad, bring in more youngsters, sell and use the money to improve. I dont think we will see big jumps but consistency is what will make us stronger.

Bongo 1874

Keep drilling in the Philosophy,of playing at tempo,and pressing teams,we will go far, clubs are going to start paying decent money for our players,and we are becoming a great team to watch.

Leave the scouting and analysis to Bongo,I won't let you down guys 🫡.

Obviously Old Firm have been slightly shiter than usual, but the fact it's taken until game 33 for it to be arithmetically impossible for us to win the league shows some signs of our progress?

I don’t think the OF should even be a factor. They can make euro groups through play offs. That should be the aim for Hearts.

Lone Striker

A wee bit context in terms of our potential points total at the end of this season - 

- we currently have 62 points from 33 games

- that already beats our point total after 38 games 2 years ago

- our only 2 other big points haul was 2005-06   (74 points) and 2015-16  (65 points) but no Hibs/Rangers that year

It would be a great marker of our progress if we can take at least another 4  points to beat the 2015-16 total -  1 win and 1 draw would do it.

Edited by Lone Striker

jr ewing
4 hours ago, Libertarian said:

Best of the rest will do just fine 🙂 

Go for it 1308
2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Best of the rest will do just fine 🙂 

That's the spirit 😂🙄

Win a euro play off tie and that’s progress. If you can’t do that then you can’t even think of trying to compete with the OF. Each of them have done it multiple times.