Covid Payouts

alicante jambo

alicante jambo

Was it 2 million the top league clubs got? Sure we got much less after being voted out the league. Something tells me we dont pay ours back but the teams in the top league have to but over 10 years?

Mr Sifter

Sounds about right AJ, although I’m thinking it was maybe five years the top flight clubs had to pay it back? 

hughesie27
3 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Wonder why we get a mention as having been given a loan…only to be shown not to have been given a loan in the table below? 🤔

I did wonder that as well.

It may be something to do with when the FOI was requested, they never specified Premiership teams at the time the loans were given? 

Edited by hughesie27

Ricardo Quaresma

Beggars lol

The rangers lol

4 of them owe £3M each, near enough :smuggy:

alicante jambo
13 minutes ago, gjcc said:

£2,737,900.04 Remaining. :sweeet:

Lol you have to laugh at hibs. That money plus they lost nearly 2.5 million this year. No decent players to sell and owned by different folk from other parts of the world. Basket case springs to mind.

hughesie27

Was there something about Hibs having paid back their loan already as part of Gordon Family sale to Foley or something.

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Championship clubs got 500k Grants.

And £50k from mr A

Nookie Bear

So hibs, aberdeen and motherwell all have to pay approx £300k per year for the next 10 years??

Beautiful.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Was there something about Hibs having paid back their loan already as part of Gordon Family sale to Foley or something.

Not sure it would make sense to throw £3m at an interest free arrangement? Would be a major dent in their finances if they did though.

i8hibsh

My feelings on Ann Budge and her team are well known but she/they played a ****ing blinder here.

hughesie27
34 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

My feelings on Ann Budge and her team are well known but she/they played a ****ing blinder here.

By getting relegated? Or arranging our own interest free loan?

Bazzas right boot

Scottish government helping rangers and them paying it back.:turmoil:

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

When did Budge manage us?

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Be daft to pay a interest free loan over others.

jimbojambo
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

It almost was worth being demoted that season as no crowds at games, games usually on BBC and got a £500k grant on top plus money and a trophy for winning the Championship. 

Jarhead
10 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

It almost was worth being demoted that season as no crowds at games, games usually on BBC and got a £500k grant on top plus money and a trophy for winning the Championship. 

I think that’s a fair point and, weirdly, I think 2014 was also a blessing in disguise. 
Both seasons gave us time to clear some deadwood and bring in new players in an environment where we were winning most weeks. 

4 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

That money is sure stretching a long way. £6 mill, some was already ring-fenced to pay for existing infrastructure and the flumps think its going to bring them players on an annual basis. :laugh2:

1971fozzy
2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

That money is sure stretching a long way. £6 mill, some was already ring-fenced to pay for existing infrastructure and the flumps think its going to bring them players on an annual basis. :laugh2:

there’s talk on .net of them increasing their capacity 🤣🤣

them drugs working overtime

4 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

In their recent AGM the Gordon group completed a DFE for the debt (they had built up to create sporting success lol) They also announced Hibs were debt free except for the government Covid loan.

Basically it’s looking like our demotion has worked out okay in the end. Free muney and a rebuild in relative peace. 

Edited by Rods

10 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

there’s talk on .net of them increasing their capacity 🤣🤣

them drugs working overtime

Malcolm Tucker Peter Capaldi GIF - Malcolm Tucker Peter ...

hughesie27
19 minutes ago, Rods said:

In their recent AGM the Gordon group completed a DFE for the debt (they had built up to create sporting success lol) They also announced Hibs were debt free except for the government Covid loan.

Basically it’s looking like our demotion has worked out okay in the end. Free muney and a rebuild in relative peace. 

Ah, must have been the Gordon debt that they had repaid then. Cheers.

Pans Jambo

£300k/year payments for years & folk on here greetin we may lose £120k on unsold tickets for the semi. 

1971fozzy
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

£300k/year payments for years & folk on here greetin we may lose £120k on unsold tickets for the semi. 

yip.   And we keep a quarter of that as well. FOH monthly payment will more than cover it should we not sell out