Shankland 9

Kingsley 8

Clark 8

Vargas 8

Kent 8

Forrest 7

Nieuwenhof 7

tcjambo

Kingsley is the only one to run Shanks anywhere near close. Kent also excellent.

SMJ_1874

Top 5 standouts for me have been …..in no particular order: 

Clark

Kent 

Kingsley 

Nieuwenhof 

Shankland 

…….and a very special mention to Kenny Vargas who came late to the party.

Don’t think anyone else comes close to these players 

GorgieFifeLife

Shankland 9

Kent 8

Kingsley 8

Clark 7

Rowles 6

Hoff 6

Vargas 6

The rest 5 and below.

I think it is hard to say Hoff should score highly across the whole season, but for a while before his recent injury he was playing very well.

Geoff Kilpatrick

1. Gordon - N/A - Hasn't played enough games

2. Kent - 8 - A couple of mistakes but has generally been excellent

3. Kingsley - 7 - A good, solid season, recovering from the issues that he had at the end of last season

4. Halkett - 5 - Injured most of the season but not exactly inspiring in his appearances

5. Haring - 4 - Faded out of the picture and will probably be playing elsewhere next season

6. Baningime - 7 - Not quite the Beni of his debut season but our key midfielder again

7. Grant - 6 - Coming on to a game but has been hot and cold most of the season. Hopefully peaking at the right time

8. Nieuwenhof - 7 - Until his injury, our best player of this calendar year after a shaky start

9. Shankland - 9 - Player of the season by a distance. The question is how we cope next season in a post-Shankland world

10. Boyce - 4 - Not the best of starts to the season and then got injured

11. Oda - 6 - A curate's egg of a season. Still looks to have more potential

13. Atkinson - 5 - Some excellent appearances and some absolute stinkers. Not the first choice that he should have developed into

14. Devlin - 6 - Started the season excellently but is almost the polar opposite of Nieuwenhof at the minute

15. Rowles - 7 - Might be slightly generous as he still struggles in a back 4 but is excellent when we play 3 at the back

16. Halliday - 2 - A few sub appearances but will get more marks if he stops the vermin getting Top 6!

17. Forrest - 7 - For a player who looked like a benchwarmer last season, he has come on leaps and bounds. That goal in the first derby of the season changed his season

18. McKay - N/A - May play a key part before the end of the season

19. Cochrane - 7 - A solid season with some excellent appearances and some poor ones

21. Sibbick - 4 - Brilliant when he doesn't have to think. A liability when he does. A disappointment

22. Denholm - 6 - Credit to him for reaching squad player level. Not sure that he has the ability to get better but in these days of 20 man match squads, he has his place

24. Pollock - N/A

25. Tait - 7 - Haven't been as excited about a young player coming through since Callum Paterson. Still a lot to learn but he could be massive for us next season

28. Clark - 8 - His consistency level has kept Craig Gordon out of the team. Hopefully we get two keepers in the Euros.

29. Fraser - 4 - A fleeting career with us.

30. Tagawa - 2 - I feel sorry for him but he looks so lost and down it is frightening

51. Lowry - 3 - Fleeting appearances with excellent performances against Partick and Kilmarnock in the League Cup. Otherwise, his loan will be forgettable

54. Wilson - N/A - Could have a Tait style trajectory

77. Vargas - 8 - An excellent debut season and the 5 year deal was excellent business

81. Lembikisa - 4 - Started well but looks shaky defensively. I don't expect him to be here next season

Big Moysey
8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

3. Kingsley - 7 - A good, solid season, recovering from the issues that he had at the end of last season

4. Halkett - 5 - Injured most of the season but not exactly inspiring in his appearances

5. Haring - 4 - Faded out of the picture and will probably be playing elsewhere next season

6. Baningime - 7 - Not quite the Beni of his debut season but our key midfielder again

7. Grant - 6 - Coming on to a game but has been hot and cold most of the season. Hopefully peaking at the right time

8. Nieuwenhof - 7 - Until his injury, our best player of this calendar year after a shaky start

9. Shankland - 9 - Player of the season by a distance. The question is how we cope next season in a post-Shankland world

13. Atkinson - 5 - Some excellent appearances and some absolute stinkers. Not the first choice that he should have developed into

14. Devlin - 6 - Started the season excellently but is almost the polar opposite of Nieuwenhof at the minute

15. Rowles - 7 - Might be slightly generous as he still struggles in a back 4 but is excellent when we play 3 at the back

16. Halliday - 2 - A few sub appearances but will get more marks if he stops the vermin getting Top 6!

17. Forrest - 7 - For a player who looked like a benchwarmer last season, he has come on leaps and bounds. That goal in the first derby of the season changed his season

19. Cochrane - 7 - A solid season with some excellent appearances and some poor ones

21. Sibbick - 4 - Brilliant when he doesn't have to think. A liability when he does. A disappointment

22. Denholm - 6 - Credit to him for reaching squad player level. Not sure that he has the ability to get better but in these days of 20 man match squads, he has his place

24. Pollock - N/A

25. Tait - 7 - Haven't been as excited about a young player coming through since Callum Paterson. Still a lot to learn but he could be massive for us next season

28. Clark - 8 - His consistency level has kept Craig Gordon out of the team. Hopefully we get two keepers in the Euros.

30. Tagawa - 2 - I feel sorry for him but he looks so lost and down it is frightening

51. Lowry - 3 - Fleeting appearances with excellent performances against Partick and Kilmarnock in the League Cup. Otherwise, his loan will be forgettable

77. Vargas - 8 - An excellent debut season and the 5 year deal was excellent business

81. Lembikisa - 4 - Started well but looks shaky defensively. I don't expect him to be here next season

I'd say pretty fair assessment Geoff, personally change Sibbick and Denholm to 5s but otherwise 👍 

Saint Jambo

A Hearts player who scores 27 goals in 40 games. If that isn't a 10 out of 10 for us, I don't know what is.

Edited by Saint Jambo

Bazzas right boot

10-

Kent, signing has transformed our season,  him being missing v Ross county exposed instantly how vulnerable we are without him ( or a match fit Halkett).

9- Shankland,  could swap with Kent (or give a 10) but imo Kent is the difference from last season to this season. 

Kingsley- lb, ch, rb guy is solid and can play.

Forrest- is a wee bit limited but he plays to his max levels and really is a team player,  been good this season - direct and a goal threat. 

Big Z- some great saves, been good enough for Naismith to keep Gordon on the bench!

Cochrane - can get caught out defensively,  but a good team player and generally solid performer

Rowles - improved v last season,  excellent in the tackle and ground blocks, improving in the air, Kent has helped him

vargas- Good pace and quite explosive,  scored a few goals. He's settled well, although still a bit light weight

Hoff- started of very tentative , last few months seen him gain confidence and became a very good player, will be a 8-10 next season with this progress, good all round  midfielder. 

Beni- just brings a control and calmness to the midfield that is hard to get at our level,  like Kent a key difference v last season.

6-

Dexter- good going forward,  settled well for  young chap, defensively vulnerable 

Aki- 6 limited by injuries,  although ok still not what I want as first choice rb

5 or under-

Devlin - limited game time 

Sibbick- limited game time and prone to mistakes, Kingsley been chosen at rb over him tells me where his future lies. 

Tagawa - very limited game time, Been generally poor when had the chance.

Oda- limited from the bench,  scored a few goals and looks lively at times.

Mckay, Boyce, Halkett- Injuries

Haring, Haliday- no or very, very limited game time 

Tait, Denholm- all contributed when needed.

Fraser, few games, limited impact.

Gordon, limited game time.

Robbo-Jambo

Shankland 9

Kent 8

Kingsley 8

Hoff 7

Vargas 7

Rowles 6

Forrest 6

Bull's-eye

Kent 9

Shanks 8.5

Clark 8.5

Most improved is Forrest, huge improvement over the season.

Kent would get my vote as player of the season as we missed him massively when not available. Shanks not so much.

Edited by Bull's-eye

RustyRightPeg

The spine of our team (Shanks, Beni, Kent, Kingsley & Clark all mainstays) have all been 8 & 9s most of the year.

A spurt of inconsistency ranging between 5 & 7s everywhere else. 

i8hibsh

Shankland, Kent, Beni, the Hoff (very very poor start however) and Clark have been our best players imo.

Forrest on his game has been immense but he has too many poor games.

Rowles is improving.

Cochrane - I just don't get the hype

Kingsley I think has been ok.

Vargas I think will only improve - I think he is a shoe in to make us money.

Tait has had some good spells but I feel he is not a first team starter.

Atkinson, Sibbick (a very likeable individual), Devlin, Denholm, Tagawa and Oda must be upgraded.

No point even rating Halkett and Boyce.

Haring goes with my best wishes but very glad he is away - frees up a hospital bed at least.

Mckay is good and I would keep.

Fraser looks ****ing woeful and Dexter after an impressive start is not going to be missed.

Edited by i8hibsh

boag1874

Shanks - 9.5

Kent - 9

Kingsley, Clark - 8

Beni, Hof - 7.5

Vargas, Rowles, Forrest, Cochrane - 7

Grant - 6.5

Lowry - 3

Fraser - 2

The rest between 4-6, mostly 6s probably 

Edited by boag1874

Benny Klack

Whilst Shankland has been our best player by a considerable distance, a clear second, again by a considerable distance would be Kent.

He’s been the rock our great season (so far) has been built on. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

It's a team game so far a good solid 9 room for improvement finish 3rd and win the cup that would be a 10 

Never like to single individuals out after good and bad performances it's a results business 

lost in space
4 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

24. Pollock - N/A

Well done. Excellent assessments and comments.

karipidis
5 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

24. Pollock - N/A

Dexter very harsh, we have won every game hes started bar 1. Sibbick 5, and Kingsley 7.5-8. Rest I would agree with. 

karipidis
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Shankland, Kent, Beni, the Hoff (very very poor start however) and Clark have been our best players imo.

Forrest on his game has been immense but he has too many poor games.

Rowles is improving.

Cochrane - I just don't get the hype

Kingsley I think has been ok.

Vargas I think will only improve - I think he is a shoe in to make us money.

Tait has had some good spells but I feel he is not a first team starter.

Atkinson, Sibbick (a very likeable individual), Devlin, Denholm, Tagawa and Oda must be upgraded.

No point even rating Halkett and Boyce.

Haring goes with my best wishes but very glad he is away - frees up a hospital bed at least.

Mckay is good and I would keep.

Fraser looks ****ing woeful and Dexter after an impressive start is not going to be missed.

A surprisingly reasonable assessment, would disagree on Kingsley though, think hes been very good. 

JimmyCant

Shankland and Kent 10

Kingsley 9

Nieuwenhof Vargas CLark Forrest Rowles 8

Cochrane and Beni 7

Grant Tait and Devlin 6

Denholm Atkinson and Oda 5

Tagawa Boyce Lembikisa McKay Gordon Halkett Sibbick Fraser and anyone else I’ve missed - 4 or less for various reasons and at least half should be managed out this summer

2 hours ago, karipidis said:

A surprisingly reasonable assessment, would disagree on Kingsley though, think hes been very good. 

He's been excellent. Outside of Shankland - Kingsley, Kent and McKay are probably the best players at the club. McKay in technical quality terms is the best player at the club by some distance.