The hobo delusion cycle

Gilberts Fridge

Gilberts Fridge

XXX is the messiah, he will do great things with this squad. 

It not his team needs at least two transfer windows. 

Some of this football is turgid, not the hibs way. 

Get this idiot the feck away from my club.

And then, after six months when YYY is in charge, we got rid of XXX too soon. 

After a couple of years, XXX was far better than YYY.

Currently I think they are at stage four of the cycle with monty,  not long to we get to stage 5, maybee towards the beginning of next season.

Been going on since Fenlon, probably longer. 

leginten

This is pretty accurate. To be honest, although I know by now to expect stages 2-6, I still occasionally (and mistakenly) experience the odd bout of mild worry during stage 1.

Thought Butcher would be a very good manager for them.

:facepalm:

cookieboy
4 minutes ago, leginten said:

This is pretty accurate. To be honest, although I know by now to expect stages 2-6, I still occasionally (and mistakenly) experience the odd bout of mild worry during stage 1.

Butcher done a great job (in my opinion ) :clyay:

Cameronstheman

Hobos live in a fantasy world of flair  .They are by and large also rans  this season, which is there for all to see 

I hope to **** the Well batter them next week  and remind them not to get carried away as much as they have recently, but thats what they do add nausea 

They were slating our recent 3 pre contract signings as bottom 6 no marks  and  we showed lack of ambition, well in there deluded minds 

Well !! next week they might just be that bottom 6 and what loan player wants to sign for that shite come summer, We are so far in front of those muppets and that is so pleasing, thing is they know it FTH

Gorgierools
10 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

They should sign Levien, he luuuuurvs winning there

29 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

they do add nausea

They certainly do 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

XXX is the messiah, he will do great things with this squad. 

It not his team needs at least two transfer windows. 

Some of this football is turgid, not the hibs way. 

Get this idiot the feck away from my club.

And then, after six months when YYY is in charge, we got rid of XXX too soon. 

After a couple of years, XXX was far better than YYY.

Currently I think they are at stage four of the cycle with monty,  not long to we get to stage 5, maybee towards the beginning of next season.

Been going on since Fenlon, probably longer. 

Aberdeen are in the same cycle.

It's tremendous. 

Horatio Caine

I came on to this thread thinking someone had invented a new form of green friendly transport

Gilberts Fridge
4 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I came on to this thread thinking someone had invented a new form of green friendly transport

image.png.13b947dac3ad55b26096246ddcf62b5e.pngimage.png.13b947dac3ad55b26096246ddcf62b5e.png

What is the Hibs way of playing football??majority of my life they've been shite it's the same with West Ham they go on about the West Ham way and they've been the same for most of my life 🤔 

Gorgierools
43 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I thought there had been a breakthrough in wumins hormone therapy 

Skye1874
3 hours ago, cookieboy said:

They’ve all done a great job😂

Percival King
2 hours ago, rory78 said:

What is the Hibs way of playing football??majority of my life they've been shite it's the same with West Ham they go on about the West Ham way and they've been the same for most of my life 🤔 

It's like because 70 years ago they had the Famous Five and no doubt played exciting and open football (which I thought a lot of teams did then) and Turnbull's Tornadoes that they think this is their default setting. There must be generations of Hibs fans who buy into the "Hibs way" but have never actually witnessed it (apart from those who were fortunate enough to witness Joe Tortolano) and probably never will witness it......because it's a myth.

leipzig76
4 hours ago, Cameronstheman said:

Hobos live in a fantasy world of flair  .They are by and large also rans  this season, which is there for all to see 

I hope to **** the Well batter them next week  and remind them not to get carried away as much as they have recently, but thats what they do add nausea 

They were slating our recent 3 pre contract signings as bottom 6 no marks  and  we showed lack of ambition, well in there deluded minds 

Well !! next week they might just be that bottom 6 and what loan player wants to sign for that shite come summer, We are so far in front of those muppets and that is so pleasing, thing is they know it FTH

Feed the Bair and he will score ( His first hat-trick I predict )

1 hour ago, Percival King said:

It's like because 70 years ago they had the Famous Five and no doubt played exciting and open football (which I thought a lot of teams did then) and Turnbull's Tornadoes that they think this is their default setting. There must be generations of Hibs fans who buy into the "Hibs way" but have never actually witnessed it (apart from those who were fortunate enough to witness Joe Tortolano) and probably never will witness it......because it's a myth.

Mate they're favourite ever player is Albert Kidd who never ever played for them and their favourite result was the 0-7 which they go on about but I only ever see it from ones that weren't even born 🙄 it's like me banging on about our 10-2 victory back in time but doing it with some bizarre passion like I was at it 

JudyJudyJudy
8 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

Kbler_Ross_grieving_curve_(edited)_svg.png.97b8e9f8f6aa9d9d773c64f15eefeec7.png

I’ve never seen that model of grieving process before . Very interesting . 

WeeToonJambo
12 hours ago, rory78 said:

Mate they're favourite ever player is Albert Kidd who never ever played for them and their favourite result was the 0-7 which they go on about but I only ever see it from ones that weren't even born 🙄 it's like me banging on about our 10-2 victory back in time but doing it with some bizarre passion like I was at it 

I registered on Hibs.net a few years ago, made no secret of the fact I was a Hearts fan and got on ok until I posted on a thread about the 0 - 7 game.  They were all going on about the result as if it had only just happened and I said it was time they forgot about it as it was as relevant today as our 10 - 2.  I was immediately banned!

Jack Torrance
10 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I’ve never seen that model of grieving process before . Very interesting . 

Neither had I funnily enough.  Was just looking to remind myself of the stages, and it popped up. Interesting take on it. Definite similarities to being a Hibs supporter too.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

Neither had I funnily enough.  Was just looking to remind myself of the stages, and it popped up. Interesting take on it. Definite similarities to being a Hibs supporter too.

Yes def . Think they are at the “ refusal ri understand “ stage yet again 😂

Seymour M Hersh

OP missed the part of the cycle where they declare the balance of power in the city has shifted to them. 

Gilberts Fridge
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

OP missed the part of the cycle where they declare the balance of power in the city has shifted to them. 

Of course, schoolboy error on my part. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

Of course, schoolboy error on my part. 

An easy mistake to make as there are so many things you could add to laugh at the jackey vermin. 

If Hibs fans ever get round to the thinking that they are just another Motherwell/Kilmarnock type club it'll do their mental health a world of good.

There is absolutely zero evidence to suggest they should expect more than those types of clubs. 

They are our "rival" purely based on their location - we trump them on every single level and every single category of what success looks like for a football club. 

Their current manager has them sitting in a relatively strong position for a club of their size and stature.

On 07/04/2024 at 15:38, Cameronstheman said:

Yes, making one feel sick is yet another of their traits.  👍

On 07/04/2024 at 14:38, Cameronstheman said:

We know they like shooting themselves in the foot, so it's almost inevitable that they lose to Well next week thanks to a goal deep in stoppage time from Blair Spittal, making him  a top 6 player and that shower bottom 6.

9 minutes ago, RobNox said:

We know they like shooting themselves in the foot, so it's almost inevitable that they lose to Well next week thanks to a goal deep in stoppage time from Blair Spittal, making him  a top 6 player and that shower bottom 6.

They do this to hide the track marks

jamboozy
23 minutes ago, RobNox said:

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They do this to hide the track marks

:bravo::laugh:.

Pasquale for King
On 07/04/2024 at 14:32, leginten said:

Took them to the next level 😆

Pasquale for King

I do like pointing out basic stuff to them that makes them stop dead and look at you, the realisation on their faces is a sight to behold 😆🤣!!!

One five
36 minutes ago, RobNox said:

That would be awesome mate 👍 it would really make the weekend so sweeeeeeeeet 🤞

Turkishcap

Wonder how the banter year thread is doing this week.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

They don't help themselves. 

😂

Jack Torrance
1 hour ago, CMc said:

IMG_1748.jpeg

You might just have made a groundbreaking observation buddy 😆 could change our understanding and help support the afflicted over there.

Should give the new condition a name, like "Hiberniarse" or something. 

Someone should do a paper/study on it. 

Edited by Jack Torrance

jambo19
31 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Or the 12 point swing thread where they'd be 3rd by now...

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

Screenshot_20240408_200015_Google.jpg

51 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Only three 3rd place finishes in 29 years.

Only managed 14 3rd place finishes in their history, equating to one every 10 years approx

6 hours ago, One five said:

That would be awesome mate 👍 it would really make the weekend so sweeeeeeeeet 🤞

I was a bit pissed off on Saturday when Dundee let a 2 goal lead slip when a win for them would have sealed top 6 and consigned Hibs to the bottom 6.  I'm now looking at it differently, as I don't like Dundee either, so I'm hoping Well beat Hibs and Dundee lose to Aberdeen, so Well get top 6 and Hibs drop down to 8th place.

One five
16 hours ago, RobNox said:

I was a bit pissed off on Saturday when Dundee let a 2 goal lead slip when a win for them would have sealed top 6 and consigned Hibs to the bottom 6.  I'm now looking at it differently, as I don't like Dundee either, so I'm hoping Well beat Hibs and Dundee lose to Aberdeen, so Well get top 6 and Hibs drop down to 8th place.

Yeah come on the Well on Saturday  hate Dundee also but a win for them and it doesn’t matter if the hobos get a result so one of the other, but yeah would rather it works out how you said 🤞

PortyBeach
On 07/04/2024 at 18:48, Percival King said:

No doubt it’s a myth as you say. It all seems to be part of the fantasy that Hibs are the football artists whereas Hearts are more “industrial” in style.

What’s mind-boggling is the undoubted fact that so many Hobos subscribe to this…

5 hours ago, One five said:

Yeah come on the Well on Saturday  hate Dundee also but a win for them and it doesn’t matter if the hobos get a result so one of the other, but yeah would rather it works out how you said 🤞

Usually plenty goals with these two so I’m going 9-1 Well.

One five
1 minute ago, sac said:

Now we are talking 👍

6 minutes ago, sac said:

Halliday 3, Spittall 3 and Nicholson 3

Mcginn OG for Hibs goal

1 minute ago, Rods said:

Halliday 3, Spittall 3 and Nicholson 3

Mcginn OG for Hibs goal

Tbf Marshall is pish but that would be a fabulous treble treble treble

Jim_Duncan
32 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

No doubt it’s a myth as you say. It all seems to be part of the fantasy that Hibs are the football artists whereas Hearts are more “industrial” in style.

What’s mind-boggling is the undoubted fact that so many Hobos subscribe to this…

You know your football team is shite when you try to claim kudos for having a ‘style’ and your rivals just win games. 

Gershwin
On 08/04/2024 at 16:14, 151 said:

If Hibs fans ever get round to the thinking that they are just another Motherwell/Kilmarnock type club it'll do their mental health a world of good.

There is absolutely zero evidence to suggest they should expect more than those types of clubs. 

They are our "rival" purely based on their location - we trump them on every single level and every single category of what success looks like for a football club. 

Their current manager has them sitting in a relatively strong position for a club of their size and stature.

I saw someone posting a lengthy tweet yesterday where they said they had been 'promised' by the Gordons back in 2019 that they'd become Scotland's third force.

Another Motherwell/Kilmarnock indeed.

JamboAl
14 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

I saw someone posting a lengthy tweet yesterday where they said they had been 'promised' by the Gordons back in 2019 that they'd become Scotland's third force.

Another Motherwell/Kilmarnock indeed.

You might have misread the post.  Did they not mean Edinburgh's 3rd force?