The St Mirren Banner...

been here before

been here before

...the bigger one down their west stand, the one the wind kept blowing over, that ended up ripped.

ย 

What did it say? Couldnt quite make it out where we were in N1.

One five
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Something about loving St Mirren forever basically.

And Celtic probably ๐Ÿ˜‚

ColinSmith1255
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Something about loving St Mirren forever basically.

ย 

IMG_0138.jpeg

Mikey1874

Fair playย 

ย 

Though they did ditch Love Street so maybe not the best word to use

neilnunb

Was funny as **** watching them struggling to unfurl it. ๐Ÿ˜

dc-jambo

I thought it was a good banner - and enjoyed being in a full stadium, with no real rancour, and a pub before and train after packed with both sets of supportersย 

Fair play to anyone from the west of Scotland supporting anyone other than Rangers or Celtic, the pressure to support either half of the bigots is intense. No issue with St Mirren fans ( players of โ€˜86 are a different matter ๐Ÿ˜‚).

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, munro9 said:

Fair play to anyone from the west of Scotland supporting anyone other than Rangers or Celtic, the pressure to support either half of the bigots is intense. No issue with St Mirren fans ( players of โ€˜86 are a different matter ๐Ÿ˜‚).

ย 

Yeah I have a reflexive dislike for the club for all the normal reasons but when I was last in Scotland (far too long now) we were in a hotel in Paisely the night before getting to the airport. On the bus there, there was a teenaged fan of (his words) "the mighty Mirren." He was good banter, not obnoxious, cheerful, and friendly. For a kid growing up a relatively simple bus ride from Ibrox, I was impressed by his devotion to the local team. Left me with a very good impression of them.

ย 

Compare that to the Rangers fans I've met while traveling, a good 40% of whom were completely unpleasant arseholes. (Ironically almost none of the worst ones were in Glasgow. The ones I chatted with while in Govan were all uniformly pleasant.0

dannymack
10 hours ago, dc-jambo said:

I thought it was a good banner - and enjoyed being in a full stadium, with no real rancour, and a pub before and train after packed with both sets of supportersย 

ย 

Awww that's nice ๐Ÿ˜ย 

ย 

**** St.Midden.ย  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š