Hand on shankland

kingantti1874

kingantti1874

What the actual **** is going on here.  Week after week he’s fouled, every single time the ball goes anywhere near him. It becoming an absolute joke.  

grabbed, pulled, niggled.  Can you imagine what would happen if he played in blue or green.  

why the **** does he not complain about it, he should just go down! 

farce.

and whilst I’m at it.  Can someone explain why that wasn’t an indirect free kick following a deliberate back pass today. 

DesertDawg
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

What the actual **** is going on here.  Week after week he’s fouled, every single time the ball goes anywhere near him. It becoming an absolute joke.  

grabbed, pulled, niggled.  Can you imagine what would happen if he played in blue or green.  

farce.

and whilst I’m at it.  Can someone explain why that wasn’t an indirect free kick following a deliberate back pass today. 

Easy.......Willie Collum.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, DesertDawg said:

Easy.......Willie Collum.

Every single week mate. No matter who referees the game 

Mikey1874
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

New normal. Defenders get away with it. Forwards need to adapt to it though it's not easy as they will be penalised for giving it back. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

New normal. Defenders get away with it. Forwards need to adapt to it though it's not easy as they will be penalised for giving it back. 

I don’t see it the other way around.  

GBJambo

He needs to be smarter and go down and call for it . Our team is too nice 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

agreed.  Should be on the ref all the time.  And naisy needs to start highlighting it as well

24 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

farce.

I would say that Naismith needs to highlight it - loudly. 

Pre-game, post-game, midweek.

Keep moaning about it. Push a narrative of the referee not protecting the player. Could even mention Uche getting rough housed every week and getting nothing. A foul is a foul. You wouldn't get away with that in Europe, so why are our referees ignoring it?

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

I would say that Naismith needs to highlight it - loudly. 

Pre-game, post-game, midweek.

Keep moaning about it. Push a narrative of the referee not protecting the player. Could even mention Uche getting rough housed every week and getting nothing. A foul is a foul. You wouldn't get away with that in Europe, so why are our referees ignoring it?

No idea mate.  It’s a ****ing disgrace.  No coincidence how good he was off the ball playing for Scotland when that BS not allowed. 

alicante jambo

Today was crazy. The killie boy was pulling his shirt all the time and constantly fouling that clown collum sometimes 5 feet away and let it go.

Doc Rob

He gets held back or climbed on literally all the time in every game we play, and I have yet to see any defender get penalised for it.

jamboozy

Wondered when pass backs to the keeper was reintroduced to the game myself, and it was a deliberate pass back to the Killie goalkeeper, who then decided to pick it up. WTF?

ollie2004
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

farce.

And get another yellow as per Ross County, even when you are right and tv supports it GFA will find a way!

kingantti1874
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

And get another yellow as per Ross County, even when you are right and tv supports it GFA will find a way!

as someone posted above.  We are too nice. We should be highlighting it.

he won’t be booked either if he goes down either the sort of contact he had to endure today.  

Edited by kingantti1874

LogicalEric

To be fair ithought both Wright and Findlay were solid today. Don't think Shanks looked as sharp.

kingantti1874
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, LogicalEric said:

To be fair ithought both Wright and Findlay were solid today. Don't think Shanks looked as sharp.

Easy to look good when they are allowed to take turns wrestling him for 90 mins.  

it’s not allowed. It’s a foul.  Guy can’t run 5 yards without being hauled down or dragged back

Edited by kingantti1874

mscjambo

On top of that Vassell today balls in the air shoves the man in front of him so he can back in and grab the cb.. obvious fouls. 

He falls and catches the ball diving for a freekick. How's it not a yellow 

LogicalEric
57 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Easy to look good when they are allowed to take turns wrestling him for 90 mins.  

it’s not allowed. It’s a foul.  Guy can’t run 5 yards without being hauled down or dragged back

You want your centre halves to be aggressive. Sibbick/Rowles could take note. Agree they were all over but it happens up and down the country. 

JDK2020
2 hours ago, GBJambo said:

He could learn from watching Martin Boyle.

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

No real comparison, but drove big man back South.  Got nothing!

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

farce.

Totally agree with this . Right in front of the referee most of the time as well

colinmaroon
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Totally agree with this . Right in front of the cheat most of the time as well

Apologise for edit.  Just wanted clarity. 

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

No real comparison, but drove big man back South.  Got nothing!

simms?

Big Drew
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

farce.

GFA. Have seen it all my life. Killie player also dived to try and get a penalty - simulation! No booking and no consistency. As I said - GFA. 

EH11 2NL

You are spot on it's getting ridiculous. But I think you're being harsh on Shankland. He talks to the ref quite a lot and it's been mentioned in interviews. 

As far as going down, come on FFS that's no his game. We slate Boyle for that, he thrives with the fight. He wouldn't of got the winner at ER if he went down from Rocky's (pitiful) attempts to stop him. 

gordon simpson
4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

farce.

my wife noticed this, when I watched again she was right .Our refs are a joke

Polonia Gorgie

farce.

I do agree with you but Shankland is no shrinking violet he can look after himself, he doesn't complain and gets on with game. Best way to get one over the defenders that fouling you is to score against them, and he's been doing that for the past two seasons.

4 hours ago, GBJambo said:

We don’t want one of ours acting like the Hibs Wig.

Forrest
1 hour ago, mscjambo said:

On top of that Vassell today balls in the air shoves the man in front of him so he can back in and grab the cb.. obvious fouls. 

He falls and catches the ball diving for a freekick. How's it not a yellow 

Because handball is only a yellow card if it stops the momentum of an attack. 

Polonia Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I'm well pleased he's not falling about all over the place, rolling around pretending to be in agony 😂

Maybe all those seasons in the lower leagues have toughened him up 

1 minute ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

I'm well pleased he's not falling about all over the place, rolling around pretending to be in agony 😂

Maybe all those seasons in the lower leagues have toughened him up 

👍❤️

gnasher75

farce.

Have been saying the same for months.

What some players do effectively is stop and appeal as it is happening and force the ref to make a decision.  Shankland is so competitive he never does that but he should. It's different from throwing himself to the ground. It's basically drawing attention to the foul at the time.

The other reason refs don't give him fouls is that he is often doing a bit of grappling himself. It's too easy for refs to just ignore it if looks like both players are at it. 

Clearly this is a tactic teams are using to nullify his impact and frustrate him and it is working. It is not unlike what happened with Uche.

I agree that it would be worth Naismith highlighting it in the media but also raising it with the refs directly. They could put a series of clips together from this season that would last about half an hour.

kingantti1874
26 minutes ago, Morgan said:

The wig goes down with no contact. Shankland needs to draw attention to blatant fouls