Goalkeeper night

jimbojambo

jimbojambo

Had a brilliant evening in the Gorgie Suite in the company of some of our greats. Big Gilles was in great form and his response to how he enjoyed his week in Magaluf with Gary Locke was worth the ticket money alone. Craig was really funny and when asked if he still hoped to get cap number 75 said yeah he had hoped to get it this week. He got a bit agitated when speaking of the 2006 cup win and someone booed when he mentioned Pressley and he said a brilliant captain and person who looked out for him as a youngster. Jamie mentioned the pressure of 2012 and either being in one of the most loved or hated Hearts teams of all times. Henry spoke well and confirmed the legendary Hibsied it story attributing his penalty save at Easter Road to reading the programme which featured a photograph of Brian Hamilton taking a penalty the previous week showing where he put the ball. Gordon Marshall junior spoke warmly about his Dad and his love of Hearts. His Dad has dementia but reacts positively to old pictures in particular Willie Bauld and Dave Mackay. Charlotte Parker-Smith came across as intelligent and determined to be the best version of herself paying tribute to Eva who comes from Barcelona and likes to play in an open and entertaining style. Grant Young had Tommy Walker's shirt from the 30s which had the Bukta and Aitken and Niven logos on it. Paul Mitchell did a great job as unlike Scott Wilson he has to have filters and announced next night on 10 May featuring legends including Donald Ford. One sad story to end with was I managed to somehow lose my vouchers for a pie and a pint😭

Sounds like a good and really informative night. I shared a flat with Charlotte Parker-Smith when we were at uni, lovely person.

Shaggy2
3 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Had a brilliant evening in the Gorgie Suite in the company of some of our greats. Big Gilles was in great form and his response to how he enjoyed his week in Magaluf with Gary Locke was worth the ticket money alone. Craig was really funny and when asked if he still hoped to get cap number 75 said yeah he had hoped to get it this week. He got a bit agitated when speaking of the 2006 cup win and someone booed when he mentioned Pressley and he said a brilliant captain and person who looked out for him as a youngster. Jamie mentioned the pressure of 2012 and either being in one of the most loved or hated Hearts teams of all times. Henry spoke well and confirmed the legendary Hibsied it story attributing his penalty save at Easter Road to reading the programme which featured a photograph of Brian Hamilton taking a penalty the previous week showing where he put the ball. Gordon Marshall junior spoke warmly about his Dad and his love of Hearts. His Dad has dementia but reacts positively to old pictures in particular Willie Bauld and Dave Mackay. Charlotte Parker-Smith came across as intelligent and determined to be the best version of herself paying tribute to Eva who comes from Barcelona and likes to play in an open and entertaining style. Grant Young had Tommy Walker's shirt from the 30s which had the Bukta and Aitken and Niven logos on it. Paul Mitchell did a great job as unlike Scott Wilson he has to have filters and announced next night on 10 May featuring legends including Donald Ford. One sad story to end with was I managed to somehow lose my vouchers for a pie and a pint😭

So sorry for your loss. 🥧🍺

Sounds like an excellent night with some great guys.

One thing…why do folk think players (in this case, one of our greatest ever players) are going to side with them when they boo his pal, whom the majority of Hearts fans still respect for what he did in maroon? 🤔

boag1874
14 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

So sorry for your loss. 🥧🍺

Sounds like an excellent night with some great guys.

One thing…why do folk think players (in this case, one of our greatest ever players) are going to side with them when they boo his pal, whom the majority of Hearts fans still respect for what he did in maroon? 🤔

Aye seems a bit silly, Gordon went to bat alongside Pressley & Hartley on that infamous media day so that should tell everyone how close their trust was in each other. I bet if you asked him he’d say Pressley is right up there with the best captains he played with

Shaggy2
12 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Aye seems a bit silly, Gordon went to bat alongside Pressley & Hartley on that infamous media day so that should tell everyone how close their trust was in each other. I bet if you asked him he’d say Pressley is right up there with the best captains he played with

100% 

Purely for drive/determination he’d be captain of my best Hearts XI if he could get in it. 😀

That honour will probably always go to another divisive character, Craig Levein. 

Robbo-Jambo

Craig is right, Pressley was a brilliant captain for us and a top defender.

Boris5115
26 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Absolutely the folk on here saying differently have obviously never made mistakes in their lifes. 

PhoenixHearts
8 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Sounds like an emotional child

(Because they are an emotional child)

Daveandal

Any chance Gilles, the big sexy *******, will be at the game today? Half time appearance?

Luckies1874

Big Gilles. What a legend. From that terrible low moment for him in May 1996 to MoM in May 1998! And boy did he enjoy it! Exceptional guy who loves Hearts. His foreword in ‘Reminiscing with Legends’ is superb. 

IMG_1121.jpeg

IMG_1122.jpeg

Luckies1874
Just now, Daveandal said:

Any chance Gilles, the big sexy *******, will be at the game today? Half time appearance?

That would be superb 🤞

Berrassobad
18 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

grant look at me young

Thunder and Lightning
15 hours ago, boag1874 said:

So because Craig trusts/likes him other have to? 

I doubt anyone would say he was anything less that a great servant when he played for the club. 

It's after he left people have issue with. 

And the bullshit pretence of not knowing what he done wrong. 

jimbojambo
1 hour ago, Berrassobad said:

grant look at me young

I don't think he actually enjoys the limelight but has some collection of shirts and happy just to talk about them. He was donated the Tommy Walker strip by one of his relatives and wanted to share with his fellow Jambos. A PHM

boag1874
5 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

I doubt anyone would say he was anything less that a great servant when he played for the club. 

No, but in the context of the event booing the mention of him when Gordon is speaking is stupid, childish & disrespectful towards Gordon, Pressley isn’t there & won’t hear it so the person in question was just interrupting a story to have a pop at Gordon’s mate. Did the person in question expect Gordon to respond positively?

karipidis
6 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Aye but why boo him at a hearts event?

Thunder and Lightning
2 hours ago, boag1874 said:

No, but in the context of the event booing the mention of him when Gordon is speaking is stupid, childish & disrespectful towards Gordon, Pressley isn’t there & won’t hear it so the person in question was just interrupting a story to have a pop at Gordon’s mate. Did the person in question expect Gordon to respond positively?

I don't know. Did you ask him or just post it on here hoping said person would answer?

John Findlay
9 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Was it you that did the booing last night?

Thunder and Lightning
Just now, John Findlay said:

Was it you that did the booing last night?

😂 No not me chief. 

Chuck Berry
On 30/03/2024 at 05:05, jimbojambo said:

He got a bit agitated when speaking of the 2006 cup win and someone booed when he mentioned Pressley and he said a brilliant captain

What kinda weapon does that FFS.

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

What kinda weapon does that FFS.

One that's had a few drinks I imagine. 

Carl Weathers
10 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

I don't think he actually enjoys the limelight but has some collection of shirts and happy just to talk about them. He was donated the Tommy Walker strip by one of his relatives and wanted to share with his fellow Jambos. A PHM

Grant is a really nice fella and a massive Hearts fan. If Grant can receive pissy comments from fellow Hearts fans then it's proof that it's impossible to please everyone on the internet.

4marsbars
11 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

No pretence here.

I know exactly what people think he did wrong and I disagree with them 100%.

I couldn't care less if an opposition footballer is totally committed to winning and revelling in that win. That's what it's about. 

Trying especially hard to beat us is, in its way, a compliment.

It's the people who, 17 years on, are still raging about a chest-pump, that need a sense of perspective. 

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

No pretence here.

I know exactly what people think he did wrong and I disagree with them 100%.

I couldn't care less if an opposition footballer is totally committed to winning and revelling in that win. That's what it's about. 

Trying especially hard to beat us is, in its way, a compliment.

It's the people who, 17 years on, are still raging about a chest-pump, that need a sense of perspective. 

Snowflakes. 😀

On 30/03/2024 at 09:39, Boris5115 said:

Absolutely the folk on here saying differently have obviously never made mistakes in their lifes. 

I really think the club could mend a bridge here by getting him involved in some of the 150 year stuff if he's interested. 

I think its been allowed to fester and grow arms and legs since. He did an interview recently and he's obviously carrying a lot of sadness about the whole collapse in relationship between him and the club. 

Fact is, had Vlad not been a lunatic, Hartley & Pressley wouldn't have been pushed out of the club.

Lambert Simnel
19 minutes ago, OTT said:

I really think the club could mend a bridge here by getting him involved in some of the 150 year stuff if he's interested. 

I think its been allowed to fester and grow arms and legs since. He did an interview recently and he's obviously carrying a lot of sadness about the whole collapse in relationship between him and the club. 

Fact is, had Vlad not been a lunatic, Hartley & Pressley wouldn't have been pushed out of the club.

Reckon that's a great idea.

On 30/03/2024 at 08:43, boag1874 said:

Bang on the money.....

Pans Jambo
On 30/03/2024 at 09:12, Robbo-Jambo said:

Aye. Agreed. Hate that snake shite that some of the supporters roll out. Best captain for me for years. Was a warrier for Hearts. 

dannymack
17 hours ago, Berrassobad said:

grant look at me young

If I were to ask you some questions could you answer them honestly and truthfully ? 

Have you met Grant and spent some time with him ? 

Has Grant ever rattled your cage at anytime in order for you to make such a comment ? 

Are you aware of Grants Hearts Match worn shirt collection and recently published book ? 

If so are you envious of such collection and book ? 

dannymack
On 30/03/2024 at 05:05, jimbojambo said:

Gordon Marshall junior spoke warmly about his Dad and his love of Hearts. His Dad has dementia but reacts positively to old pictures in particular Willie Bauld and Dave Mackay. 

img127.jpeg.fc9c4d33431c2f998ffc4584b7d7e252.jpeg

27(770x456).jpg.73b7d678645958568ed53d7bcabcd575.jpg

Screenshot_20240331_183344_Gallery.thumb.jpg.0d020075de44c69f12d7e602c2c7acc0.jpg

D-dSlZkXoAEHECK.jpg.2559f601d1a6a635b9e0f6c01a1a84c8.jpg

ABc-Football-Black-Back-1960-66-Hearts-Gordon-Marshall.webp.ccb6347d39a062e46ac9c1004df182a8.webp

mackay-jennings_3244231b.jpg.2f5dc93257f687e0709e659cb1a68bfc.jpg

Shutterstock_4587333d.jpg.75c0197f8a7f350cc3871ad3b751e8c1.jpg