Zdenek Zlamal

stu.m

Out of retirement and playing as a striker in the Czech 7th tier for FC Sigma Hodolany. Scored a hat trick in his first game.

3 minutes ago, stu.m said:

Out of retirement and playing as a striker in the Czech 7th tier for FC Sigma Hodolany. Scored a hat trick in his first game.

Class. I saw on social media he scored but assumed it was a pen or coming up from a corner.

Mad guy 🤣

jamboinglasgow
23 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Superstar, guy is just an amazingly entertaining character. 

Always like him. Also think he was a better player for us than many give him credit (not saying he was amazing and he was prone to the odd mistake, but had he been in goals for the 19/20 season instead, then I think we would not have gone down.)

He is now a pundit for Czech tv's coverage of the Premier League.

Also still has a soft spot for Hearts. 

Jamstomorrow

I hope he swung from the bar after his third . . . . .   or perhaps just went to a bar.

Randy Marsh
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Cost us a cup final

Maybe but it was still a dive by Edouard.  Ironically him not being our fist choice keeper the following season played a huge part in our demotion.  Not saying Bobby was great but he was nowhere near as bad as some made out.    

queensferryjambo
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Cost us a cup final

No he didn't.

It was never a penalty, it was a dive.

Willie Collum cost us that final when he couldn't wait to give Celtic a penalty when Edouard went down before he even threw his trailing leg into Zlamal.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Maybe but it was still a dive by Edouard.  Ironically him not being our fist choice keeper the following season played a huge part in our demotion.  Not saying Bobby was great but he was nowhere near as bad as some made out.    

Of course but he hesitated coming out and then should’ve saved the penalty, both CHs were at fault for their goals too. 
CL wasn’t a good judge of a GK, thought being an international means something. 

Edited by Pasquale for King
Spelling

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

No he didn't.

Willie Collum cost us that final when he couldn't wait to give Celtic a penalty when Edouard went down before he even threw his trailing leg into Zlamal.

Only because he was there for him to dive, that diving ***** with the huge heid wasn’t scoring from that position, he also dived over the penalty. 

Selkirk_Jambo

Decent enough keeper. 

I always feel bad for him that he gets lumped in together with the utter dross that were Doyle and Poppadom. Absolutely not a world beater but about 20 billion times better than those two jokers. 

mud and mullets

Only Daniel Stendel knows why he kept Zlamal on the bench for so long while Pereira cost us game after game. 

Sooperstar
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

38 years old; 7th tier; non-story.

What's got you in such a good mood? 

queensferryjambo
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Only because he was there for him to dive, that diving ***** with the huge heid wasn’t scoring from that position, he also dived over the penalty. 

Kind of thought Berra was caught cold and he never had an option but to come out. The hesitation didn't help right enough. 

Either way that dive coupled with Mr Collum giving the decision is to this day one of the bitterest moments I have following Hearts - and like yourself and other Hearts fans we have had more than our fair share of disappointments :( 

soonbe110
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Always like him. Also think he was a better player for us than many give him credit (not saying he was amazing and he was prone to the odd mistake, but had he been in goals for the 19/20 season instead, then I think we would not have gone down.)

👍

tian447

7th division :lol:

I scored a hat-trick at 8 aside last night. Probably a similar level. 

Bunny Munro

Bobby was a confidence keeper. He was fine until he made an error then the rest of the month was a write-off.

He wins the award for the worst performance I've ever seen from a goalkeeper whilst still keeping a clean sheet.

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

gordon banks compared to that twat perreira🙈🙈🙈

TheBigO
2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

DId he not turn out to be a racist?!?!  Sorry if I'm wrong there!

But yeah always like him until/if that happened!  Defo right if he'd been in goals, we would not have been demoted.  The penalty, which was a dive tbf, against Celtic in the SCF his biggest blot really isn't it.  Otherwise he was a character and decent goalie for us.

59 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Did you get the match ball though ??

Bobby was a perfect "No 2" goalkeeper. Ready at a moment's notice to step in as sub or play a couple of games while the first choice was out. Problems arose when he played a sustained number of games when mistakes would creep in. He reminded me of Kenny Garland who played when Cruickie had "Bill Lindsay Flu".

We signed him as a No 2 but circumstances left us with just him - Doyle was us scrambling around for another goalie (he was an international, after all). Pereira was a frantic deadline "scrape the barrel" option 😁. Bobby was Gordon Banks compared to them! ("slight" exaggeration....)

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

But yeah always like him until/if that happened!  Defo right if he'd been in goals, we would not have been demoted.  The penalty, which was a dive tbf, against Celtic in the SCF his biggest blot really isn't it.  Otherwise he was a character and decent goalie for us.

I had forgotten about that, it was that he defended the Czech player who had been racist to the Rangers players a few years back. He was saying where is the evidence of racism. He was fined by Hearts for the comments. 

I do remember the 5-0 game against Livi, that was a game where Bobby was shell shocked after the first two goals, you could see him lose all confidence. But I do think he good games outweigh those games.

2 hours ago, mud and mullets said:

Only Daniel Stendel knows why he kept Zlamal on the bench for so long while Pereira cost us game after game. 

Stendel did go with Bobby to start and he had a nightmare. Seem to recall him running into Berra and it all being a shitshow.

But yes, sticking with poppadom hands was crazy.

Wee Mikey
2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

What's got you in such a good mood? 

***Rant Alert***

Funnily enough, I'm feeling fine & dandy, in a great mood, and am my usual positive and 'happy-clapping' self, thanks. That's in spite of my recent calamity (see below) which hasn't stopped, and won't prevent, trips both home and away.

I've only just pocketed our St M tickets and cannae wait. Home v Killie first, though.

Ach, it's just that type of asinine nonsense which gets picked up by so-called 'news agencies' and is nothing other than click-bait drivel.

That one came up on my news-feed and is on a par with the low-grade stuff endlessly put out by the likes of 'Edinburgh Live'.

You know? They'll trawl Tik-Tok or Instagram for anything Edinburgh related and fire it out as though it were newsworthy.

It does my nut in, so it does!

All it takes is some self-indulgent American tourist to post a crap vid making out that a walk up Arthur's Seat is some kind of epic life-affirming adventure and Bingo!

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Funnily enough, that ☝️ was precisely what I was only just thinking. Equally, ahem, 'newsworthy' (perhaps moreso). Had you done it during a walking football match and been an ex-Hearts player? 😎

😄

(Well done, by the way) 👍

You should post your exploits on Tik-Tok and become a total ❤️s legend. Lol.

Anyhoo ... last night, 24 days since my 'incident'. 👇

I have a 'hat trick' of screws holding my bones together. My only ever hat-trick.

A wee (dyslexic) haiku ... 7/5/7 as opposed to 5/7/5. 😋

"Is it sair?", I hear you ask,

"Aye, it is", ya bas,

"But, och mon, see if I care!"

❤️❤️G❤️

***Rant over***

Screenshot_20240326_141052_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey

Fxxx the SPFL
3 hours ago, mud and mullets said:

Think we had to play popadom hands otherwise we were due to pay his full wages or a lot higher amount to Man U

davemclaren
28 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

***Rant Alert***

Funnily enough, I'm feeling fine & dandy, in a great mood, and am my usual positive and 'happy-clapping' self, thanks. That's in spite of my recent calamity (see below) which hasn't stopped, and won't prevent, trips both home and away.

I've only just pocketed our St M tickets and cannae wait. Home v Killie first, though.

Ach, it's just that type of asinine nonsense which gets picked up by so-called 'news agencies' and is nothing other than click-bait drivel.

That one came up on my news-feed and is on a par with the low-grade stuff endlessly put out by the likes of 'Edinburgh Live'.

You know? They'll trawl Tik-Tok or Instagram for anything Edinburgh related and fire it out as though it were newsworthy.

It does my nut in, so it does!

All it takes is some self-indulgent American tourist to post a crap vid making out that a walk up Arthur's Seat is some kind of epic life-affirming adventure and Bingo!

Funnily enough, that ☝️ was precisely what I was only just thinking. Equally, ahem, 'newsworthy' (perhaps moreso). Had you done it during a walking football match and been an ex-Hearts player? 😎

😄

(Well done, by the way) 👍

You should post your exploits on Tik-Tok and become a total ❤️s legend. Lol.

Anyhoo ... last night, 24 days since my 'incident'. 👇

I have a 'hat trick' of screws holding my bones together. My only ever hat-trick.

A wee (dyslexic) haiku ... 7/5/7 as opposed to 5/7/5. 😋

"Is it sair?", I hear you ask,

"Aye, it is", ya bas,

"But, och mon, see if I care!"

❤️❤️G❤️

***Rant over***

Screenshot_20240326_141052_Gallery.jpg

Ouch. 

Wee Mikey
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Ouch. 

More of a 'double ouch', or even a tripple one.

My guitar playing days might, just might, be over.

Having said that, I have fortitude, nay, 'fiftitude'. 😄

Who needs two hands anyway?

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

More of a 'double ouch', or even a tripple one.

My guitar playing days might, just might, be over.

Having said that, I have fortitude, nay, 'fiftitude'. 😄

Who needs two hands anyway?

That would be very sad re the guitar playing but hopefully you drink with the other arm. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Kind of thought Berra was caught cold and he never had an option but to come out. The hesitation didn't help right enough. 

Either way that dive coupled with Mr Collum giving the decision is to this day one of the bitterest moments I have following Hearts - and like yourself and other Hearts fans we have had more than our fair share of disappointments :( 

Agree, can’t even watch Crystal Palace when that diving ***** plays.

Daveandal
3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Think he went into bat/defend a fellow Czech player who had been racist. Very wrong IMO and it's semantics.

My memory can of course be wrong. It often is.

John Findlay
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Of course but he hesitated coming out and then should’ve saved the penalty, both CHs were at fault for their goals too. 
CL wasn’t a good judge of a GK, thought being an international means something. 

Aye, never played Craig Gordon that Craig Levein.

been here before
2 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Think we had to play popadom hands otherwise we were due to pay his full wages or a lot higher amount to Man U

Not true.

The German disaster played him because he rated him. Cant be arsed looking for the article but Ive posted it a few times.

Ended up looking...

Ex-Hearts boss Daniel Stendel explains why he kept selecting Manchester United loanee Joel Pereira

Former Hearts manager Daniel Stendel has revealed his thinking behind the continued selection of out-of-form goalkeeper Joel Pereira last season.

The Portuguese stopper was looked as something of a signing coup when he was brought by previous boss Craig Levein in on loan from Manchester United having been once singled out for praise by Jose Mourinho during his tenure at Old Trafford.

Though the 24-year-old initially looked a solid addition, his performances began to suffer with fans calling for him to be removed from the starting.

He sat on the bench for Stendel’s first match in charge, a 1-0 defeat to St Johnstone, but was soon brought back into the starting XI and played the next 11 games under the German before a 5-0 defeat at Celtic Park saw him dropped from the team for good.

Stendel saw a lot of attributes in the custodian, currently on loan at Huddersfield Town, but feels he struggled to handle the pressure with Hearts struggling at the wrong end of the table.

Stendel told The Terrace Scottish Football Podcast: "He has a lot of quality. He was comfortable with the ball at his feet, he could stand higher up on the pitch, which suited the way we wanted to play.

“He had the most potential from the goalkeepers we had. He was a little bit younger than the other guys, but he had the potential.

“He started well but very similar to the team: in some situations he had problems with the pressure. And he wasn’t alone in conceding those goals.

“But we thought that maybe we needed more experience and he was somebody for the future, when the situation was maybe a little different.”

Stendel, who left Hearts in the summer following the club’s relegation, was also asked why another goalkeeper wasn’t brought in during the January transfer window.

He answered: "We thought we had good goalkeepers and at the time it wasn’t top of our list. We had some injuries and we had problems with creating chances and scoring goals, so our focus was more on that part of the squad.”

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ex-hearts-boss-daniel-stendel-explains-why-he-kept-selecting-manchester-united-loanee-joel-pereira-3167804

Edited by been here before

tian447
3 hours ago, stu.m said:

Did you get the match ball though ??

It was my ball, so it came safely home with me in my bag :lol:

Champion :smuggy:

7 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

👏

DesertDawg
7 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

No he didn't.

Exactly how I saw it.  👍

AC Mallin_51
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Cost us a cup final

Barra’s misjudged header for the second was just as bad if not worse  

Fxxx the SPFL
2 hours ago, been here before said:

Not true.

The German disaster played him because he rated him. Cant be arsed looking for the article but Ive posted it a few times.

Ended up looking...

Ex-Hearts boss Daniel Stendel explains why he kept selecting Manchester United loanee Joel Pereira

Former Hearts manager Daniel Stendel has revealed his thinking behind the continued selection of out-of-form goalkeeper Joel Pereira last season.

The Portuguese stopper was looked as something of a signing coup when he was brought by previous boss Craig Levein in on loan from Manchester United having been once singled out for praise by Jose Mourinho during his tenure at Old Trafford.

Though the 24-year-old initially looked a solid addition, his performances began to suffer with fans calling for him to be removed from the starting.

He sat on the bench for Stendel’s first match in charge, a 1-0 defeat to St Johnstone, but was soon brought back into the starting XI and played the next 11 games under the German before a 5-0 defeat at Celtic Park saw him dropped from the team for good.

Stendel saw a lot of attributes in the custodian, currently on loan at Huddersfield Town, but feels he struggled to handle the pressure with Hearts struggling at the wrong end of the table.

Stendel told The Terrace Scottish Football Podcast: "He has a lot of quality. He was comfortable with the ball at his feet, he could stand higher up on the pitch, which suited the way we wanted to play.

“He had the most potential from the goalkeepers we had. He was a little bit younger than the other guys, but he had the potential.

“He started well but very similar to the team: in some situations he had problems with the pressure. And he wasn’t alone in conceding those goals.

“But we thought that maybe we needed more experience and he was somebody for the future, when the situation was maybe a little different.”

Stendel, who left Hearts in the summer following the club’s relegation, was also asked why another goalkeeper wasn’t brought in during the January transfer window.

He answered: "We thought we had good goalkeepers and at the time it wasn’t top of our list. We had some injuries and we had problems with creating chances and scoring goals, so our focus was more on that part of the squad.”

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ex-hearts-boss-daniel-stendel-explains-why-he-kept-selecting-manchester-united-loanee-joel-pereira-3167804

Oh well I was wrong 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Barra’s misjudged header for the second was just as bad if not worse  

As was Souttars poor attempt to cover him. 

11 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

No he didn't.

Zander did the same thing against Rangers. 

Keepers at our level seem to be easily suckered into those sort of penalties. 

Its always clear as day what the striker is doing, which makes it even more rage inducing when the referee gives it. Its bad sportsmanship. 

Bindy Badgy
22 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Spot on. Persisting with The Hologram cost us massively.

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Spot on. Persisting with The Hologram cost us massively.

All three manager's we had that season played him, the one that brought him in was mostly to blame.