novoman

novoman

Well done fellow part owners of Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

Another fabulous amount raised in donations from our tremendous supporters.

pledge for life 

🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

IMG_0030.jpeg

Has that increased again?

Even if not, phenomenal once more 👏

novoman
1 minute ago, Homme said:

Has that increased again?

Even if not, phenomenal once more 👏

Sorry Homme,
not 100% sure as the donations have been collected at different times over the last couple of months. 
Perhaps the poster “Football First “might have more knowledge of how we are doing on that front,

but it looks to me as a very healthy amount. 
onwards and upwards 

4 minutes ago, novoman said:

Sorry Homme,
not 100% sure as the donations have been collected at different times over the last couple of months. 
Perhaps the poster “Football First “might have more knowledge of how we are doing on that front,

but it looks to me as a very healthy amount. 
onwards and upwards 

That's a good point. I was forgetting about the staggered direct debits.

Agree, another tremendous effort once again.

db211833

It's unbelievable what we do. Think about it, if a Scottish club sells a development player for 150k it's considered decent business.  We do it every month with low cost of sale. Only concern is most of us pledgers are getting on a bit. Hopefully the new initiatives address that.

I'm planning on increasing my kids pocket money by an amount and setting him up a pledge for that amount. That way he has £10 coming out of his account each month as a club owner, Hopefully that will continue when he is no longer in the pocket money age.

Footballfirst

It looks like the new website is proving more regular updates, perhaps via daily updates from Stripe. 

I've checked it a couple of times this month.  £16,637,923 on 13 March and £166,426,45 on 19 March. Today's figure seems quite a jump

The last reliable figure under the old system was £16,322,106 at the end of December. I also have a figure of £16,614,222 recorded on 27 February, so today's number suggests that £454,488 has been donated this calendar year, (£162,372 since 27 Feb). The latest jump perhaps reflects some double DD payments as the system has caught up following the transfer from Go Cardless. It works out at over £150k a month this year which is more than £10k a month higher than the average of the last six months of 2023. 

It may be best to check the total on a specific date each month, e.g. 1st of the month and calculate the change from the previous month, although that can be fraught with difficulties if the 1st of the month falls on a weekend or bank holiday.   

Unless FOH clarify the month on month amounts, then we may have to wait until the end of the financial year to get the full picture.

Daveandal
1 hour ago, db211833 said:

It's unbelievable what we do. Think about it, if a Scottish club sells a development player for 150k it's considered decent business.  We do it every month with low cost of sale. Only concern is most of us pledgers are getting on a bit. Hopefully the new initiatives address that.

I'm planning on increasing my kids pocket money by an amount and setting him up a pledge for that amount. That way he has £10 coming out of his account each month as a club owner, Hopefully that will continue when he is no longer in the pocket money age.

Speak for yourself... I've years left in me 😋

Selkirkhmfc1874

Brilliant as usual , by end of this season we'll be into £17 million +

chrisyboy7

The 8500 fans that currently contribute are truly amazing. It's time for more to step up.  I feel this can be doubled over the years ahead with the right marketing and a link o the club homepage also linked to season tickets 

The Treasurer
19 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

The 8500 fans that currently contribute are truly amazing. It's time for more to step up.  I feel this can be doubled over the years ahead with the right marketing and a link o the club homepage also linked to season tickets 

Agreed. 

While 8500 is still a great number, I am sure there's a huge number of fans that could easily afford at least £10 each month. 

karipidis
33 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Agreed. 

While 8500 is still a great number, I am sure there's a huge number of fans that could easily afford at least £10 each month. 

I agree, I think some fans maybe jsut need a bit of direction in setting it up (I know it’s not difficult!). Maybe the FOH can have some incentive to get friends to sign up like additional points if you refer a friend. 

Valois No1

I wonder if in future when buying a season ticket there could be more options. A season ticket and a one off donation to the foundation. Even wee things like buy a season ticket with a pie and hot drink included. I think people that don’t fancy another direct debit would happily throw in an extra 50 quid or whatever at the time of purchasing with card in hand. 

Edited by Valois No1
Spelling

Boris5115
3 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Over 200000 on the streets of Edinburgh when we win a trophy but only 8500 contributors. Surely more can contribute to the cause. 

Percival King

Amazing, yet again, especially as we're now apparently the second team in Edinburgh. Just imagine what we could achieve if we were as big and successful as we're told Hibs are.

mud and mullets

Incredible. Arguably the biggest "good news" football story in Europe in the last decade in terms of showing the way for other clubs in trouble or that have been ruined by bad owners. We just need to win something as a fan owned club now. Has a fan-owned club even won a major trophy in British football before?

5 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Just need to make sure that as nature takes it's course and older contributors pass away, there are new younger contributors making pledges.

Maybe time for a wee recruitment drive ?

Lone Striker
22 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

It looks like the new website is proving more regular updates, perhaps via daily updates from Stripe. 

I've checked it a couple of times this month.  £16,637,923 on 13 March and £166,426,45 on 19 March. Today's figure seems quite a jump

The last reliable figure under the old system was £16,322,106 at the end of December. I also have a figure of £16,614,222 recorded on 27 February, so today's number suggests that £454,488 has been donated this calendar year, (£162,372 since 27 Feb). The latest jump perhaps reflects some double DD payments as the system has caught up following the transfer from Go Cardless. It works out at over £150k a month this year which is more than £10k a month higher than the average of the last six months of 2023. 

It may be best to check the total on a specific date each month, e.g. 1st of the month and calculate the change from the previous month, although that can be fraught with difficulties if the 1st of the month falls on a weekend or bank holiday.   

Unless FOH clarify the month on month amounts, then we may have to wait until the end of the financial year to get the full picture.

Its becoming difficult to identify what a proper month's donation  is.  Maybe its down to the switch to Stripe, or maybe its going to update more regularly - in which case the "as of last month" description is no longer accurate.

By my figures, the increase since the end of Feb seems to be  £157,738.    A few months ago the monthly figure was below £140k,  so (fingers crossed) our monthly total is looking even healthier !!  :jambobanana:

martoon

:4_1_72:

"It wullnae last, likesay, pledges wull soon droap oaf, ken"?

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
On 22/03/2024 at 20:38, Daveandal said:

Speak for yourself... I've years left in me 😋

Me too, knocking on 50 next year and planning on hanging around until we win the league.  🤣

It sounds a bit morbid, but I think the FOH should be looking into an option where people can leave a little bit in their wills, a sort of legacy pledge.  All funds from those donations should be used to invest in something each year or couple of years that is truly legacy / long lasting.

Threedoorsdown

We essentially gift the equivalent to around 500 season ticket purchases per month.To put that into context Motherwell sell around 3,000 season tickets total.

I don’t think we regress now as a club. Too many eyes on the bigger picture and what’s good for Hearts. We essentially have a board keeping our board on their toes. That’s really unique in Scottish football, especially when nobody o the boards is driven by profit and stock options.

I think over the next couple of season we will regularly be paying 7 figure capital expenditure for players most windows. Theres no where else for the money to go.

Edited by Threedoorsdown

Jaap's Sigh
23 hours ago, Valois No1 said:

I wonder if in future when buying a season ticket there could be more options. A season ticket and a one off donation to the foundation. Even wee things like buy a season ticket with a pie and hot drink included. I think people that don’t fancy another direct debit would happily throw in an extra 50 quid or whatever at the time of purchasing with card in hand. 

This is a good idea actually 👍

Threedoorsdown

I’m not sure how it would work but it would also be good if people could sign up to FOH from e tickets. 

The more times we can have the option for fans to impulsively gift the better. The data proves once we have people on board they rarely cancel their pledge.

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

Me too, knocking on 50 next year and planning on hanging around until we win the league.  🤣

It sounds a bit morbid, but I think the FOH should be looking into an option where people can leave a little bit in their wills, a sort of legacy pledge.  All funds from those donations should be used to invest in something each year or couple of years that is truly legacy / long lasting.

The memorial garden at Tynecastle was funded from a 6 figure legacy from someone iirc. 

Gorgie_Rules

The consistency of the pledged amount hopefully comes into consideration for any planning of a new Wheatfield stand. Looks to be the only way we can now expand the capacity at Tynecastle

gordon simpson
On 22/03/2024 at 18:00, novoman said:

pledge for life 

🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

IMG_0030.jpeg

slowly slowly catchy a monkey  HHGH

ford donald

pledge for life 

🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

IMG_0030.jpeg

Great to be part of it from day one...

Footballfirst

pledge for life 

🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

IMG_0030.jpeg

As suggested earlier in the thread, the total is incrementing throughout the month. Today, the total has gone up to £16,779,195.28

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

As suggested earlier in the thread, the total is incrementing throughout the month. Today, the total has gone up to £16,779,195.28

Do you prefer that method or the previous one with discrete monthly changes?

Footballfirst
Just now, davemclaren said:

Do you prefer that method or the previous one with discrete monthly changes?

I preferred the monthly updates as I think they were tied in to the time of the month when free funds were handed over to the club.

The incremental updates are fine, but it needs the discipline of checking on a specific date in the month if you want to track the trends.

Bazzas right boot
On 23/03/2024 at 08:24, The Treasurer said:

Agreed. 

If you remove kids from our st support, 8500 can't be far off the total adult St numbers, maybe around 3/4 of all adult St or households?

Not every single person will contribute from a family,  for example  3 or 4 season tickets from a family will likley have 1 foh contribution, I couldn't afford 3 or 4 if the whole household were Hearts fans, I'd still only have 1 payment to foh.

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I preferred the monthly updates as I think they were tied in to the time of the month when free funds were handed over to the club.

The incremental updates are fine, but it needs the discipline of checking on a specific date in the month if you want to track the trends.

👍

SwindonJambo

Excellent initiative and a huge success, 10+ years and still going strong. I've been a subscriber since day 1. I've said it before but it gives long distance fans like myself the chance to contribute to the club and be a part of it. There are many others who live many times further from Gorgie than me! I can at least get to a game every few months.

ShedBoy

Anyone else get this email?

Why is it so fecken difficult to set up a DD and specify the date of withdrawal?

It’s really starting to boil my pish.

D17B5B0E-E120-42B0-B511-A85F9EA7AE33.thumb.jpeg.083c37bc38f0d69e320983c30769036a.jpeg

davemclaren
23 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Anyone else get this email?

Why is it so fecken difficult to set up a DD and specify the date of withdrawal?

It’s really starting to boil my pish.

D17B5B0E-E120-42B0-B511-A85F9EA7AE33.thumb.jpeg.083c37bc38f0d69e320983c30769036a.jpeg

You would have to understand why the bank rejected it. Could be several reasons. 

ShedBoy
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You would have to understand why the bank rejected it. Could be several reasons. 

Like you, been paying in with no probs for as long. Now I need to set it up again, but I need it to go out on the 18th every month, but it doesn’t give me that option. Just going to do it manually from now. Not ideal but what can you do?

davemclaren
Just now, ShedBoy said:

Like you, been paying in with no probs for as long. Now I need to set it up again, but I need it to go out on the 18th every month, but it doesn’t give me that option. Just going to do it manually from now. Not ideal but what can you do?

What day options does it give?

ShedBoy
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

What day options does it give?

It doesn’t 

davemclaren
Just now, ShedBoy said:

It doesn’t 

Strange. Drop them an email. 

Mad Bad and Dangerous

But what about Foley's cazillions he's going to chuck at Hibs.......we're doomed  !!!!😁😁😁😁

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

That's more poppies than we could ever have stolen.

I (almost) feel sorry for our near-neighbours.

if only they had as many pledgers as they had (have) empty seats ...

Screenshot_20240324_163911_Gallery.jpg