Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboinglasgow

• HMFC01

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Bob Loblaw

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Do we get compensation for call ups for these two tournaments 

I can genuinely picture you up all night worrying about this!  Do football fans really care about this sort of thing?

8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I can genuinely picture you up all night worrying about this!  Do football fans really care about this sort of thing?

You probably need to spend less time picturing me Fozzy :lol: 

I am a football supporter , but it certainly does not keep me up at night . A few hundred grand here and there to spend on the team is something I am quite enthusiastic about though for sure 

1 hour ago, PortyJambo said:

I also read that he'd said he was sick being asked about Anderson, Barnes, Livramento and Gray, and that it was unlikely anyone would come out of nowhere to get a place in the Euro squad unless they were "outstanding". The loyalty word was mentioned too, so I doubt anyone who was England qualified but suddenly decides to declare for Scotland pre tournament will be considered. Maybe if they declare after the Euros, they'll be considered for future squads (it sounds like Anderson has been written off though).

It does seem like they're watching Tommy Conway and Ryan Hardie as forward options though.

I noticed Anthony Gordon got called up by Southgate.   Ha!   He'll probably end up doing well.   If not, what a waste.   Would've been a good forward option like Christie. 

1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Shankland appeared out of nowhere did he, Carver?

Scored a bucketload last season and again this. Already had an international goal (okay, against San Marino) from 2019. 

Yeah I found that quote hilarious.   He just appeared as if by magic.   Scoring goals for fun.   

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

You probably need to spend less time picturing me Fozzy :lol: 

I am a football supporter , but it certainly does not keep me up at night . A few hundred grand here and there to spend on the team is something I am quite enthusiastic about though for sure 

No offence but you do come across as a little obsessive at times!  I don’t think a little sweetie money for Shanks going to the Euros is going to affect player budgets but if it concerns you that much maybe try writing to the club to suggest they vastly reduce the size of the tarpaulin in the Roseburn - that could easily save a 6 figure sum. 

Personally I just long for the days again when football fans cared about the football and winning football matches and leave the part time economics to .Net but but JKB appears to be going down that route too with threads on hotels and how much so and so is going to make us in future transfer fees.  General rant over, back to work now!

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, HMFC01 said:

I noticed Anthony Gordon got called up by Southgate.   Ha!   He'll probably end up doing well.   If not, what a waste.   Would've been a good forward option like Christie. 

Yeah I found that quote hilarious.   He just appeared as if by magic.   Scoring goals for fun.   

It was like Carver and co were amazed that a striker could actually score a goal for Scotland!

Dalstonjambo
5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No offence but you do come across as a little obsessive at times!  I don’t think a little sweetie money for Shanks going to the Euros is going to affect player budgets but if it concerns you that much maybe try writing to the club to suggest they vastly reduce the size of the tarpaulin in the Roseburn - that could easily save a 6 figure sum. 

To be fair we got 250k (from memory) for the 3 Aussies being at the world cup. That's the annual salary of someone on 5k a week. That probably does affect player budgets. 

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Personally I just long for the days again when football fans cared about the football and winning football matches and leave the part time economics to .Net but but JKB appears to be going down that route too with threads on hotels and how much so and so is going to make us in future transfer fees.  General rant over, back to work now!

That is fine if you feel that way . I am a bit obsessive about Hearts - no denying that . Sorry if that irritates people . My post count ect gets brought up for example . It does not really bother me , but if it bothers everyone else a lot then I will decrease that

In terms of sweetie money , we have between ten and fourteen internationals in the squad depending on how you see age groups . That could be serious money in the hundreds of thousands . I was merely asking the question of how much that could be , because I do not know the answer

If you were to check my posting history on cash vs success then you would definitely find me on the right side of the fence with that . I go back to 1986 as a supporter at games and I prefer to keep players than cash in

No offence taken  

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

That is fine if you feel that way . I am a bit obsessive about Hearts - no denying that . Sorry if that irritates people . My post count ect gets brought up for example . It does not really bother me , but if it bothers everyone else a lot then I will decrease that

In terms of sweetie money , we have between ten and fourteen internationals in the squad depending on how you see age groups . That could be serious money in the hundreds of thousands . I was merely asking the question of how much that could be , because I do not know the answer

If you were to check my posting history on cash vs success then you would definitely find me on the right side of the fence with that . I go back to 1986 as a supporter at games and I prefer to keep players than cash in

No offence taken  

We get decent money for players playing in the World Cup finals. Nog sure about the euros but we don't get anything for friendlies

Luckies1874
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

No offence taken  

We will receive a payment for each of the players who are in the Euro 2024 squad. 

€140 million will be going to the clubs of players competing.

https://www.uefa.com/returntoplay/news/0274-14dc1ba1e69e-5f8560c74c66-1000--euro-2024-club-benefits-programme-approved/

Edited by Luckies1874

26 minutes ago, XB52 said:

We get decent money for players playing in the World Cup finals. Nog sure about the euros but we don't get anything for friendlies

17 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

We will receive a payment for each of the players who are in the Euro 2024 squad. 

€140 million will be going to the clubs of players competing.

https://www.uefa.com/returntoplay/news/0274-14dc1ba1e69e-5f8560c74c66-1000--euro-2024-club-benefits-programme-approved/

Cheers lads 

Bull's-eye
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

No offence taken  

If you could, cheers in advance.

Bob Loblaw
7 minutes ago, May98 said:

Kye just scored for Aussie.  Games on youtube:

Good on him, he'll be buzzing with that.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Archie Gray is a must. We need to do everything possible to get him on board.

Boys going to the top.

His family very much advising him towards England, his dad played for Leeds also, Andy Gray, son of Frankie and nephew of Eddie. Think dad is trumping granda and great uncle.

jamboinglasgow

Scott McKenna pulled out of Scotland squad, surely they now call up Kinglsey.

HopeDiouf
22 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Scott McKenna pulled out of Scotland squad, surely they now call up Kinglsey.

unless this is another call off, think the asssistant manager said we have enough cover at CB.  Seemed strange to me.

edit: that was after hanley pulled out.  guess Kingsley will get a call up this time

Edited by HopeDiouf

Bob Loblaw
34 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

His family very much advising him towards England, his dad played for Leeds also, Andy Gray, son of Frankie and nephew of Eddie. Think dad is trumping granda and great uncle.

His dad played for Scotland as well!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Bob Loblaw said:

His dad played for Scotland as well!

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/archie-gray-leeds-united-future-28851382?utm_source=leeds_live_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Leeds+Live+-+LUFC+Newsletter_newsletter&utm_content=&utm_term=&ruid=53d3df98-63b5-473b-8bc6-8522d6782b65

I think this article kind of puts a lid on it. He is going to play for England, he sees himself as English, and he is going to be more than good enough to play for them, probably not far off it right now

Bob Loblaw
4 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/archie-gray-leeds-united-future-28851382?utm_source=leeds_live_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Leeds+Live+-+LUFC+Newsletter_newsletter&utm_content=&utm_term=&ruid=53d3df98-63b5-473b-8bc6-8522d6782b65

I think this article kind of puts a lid on it. He is going to play for England, he sees himself as English, and he is going to be more than good enough to play for them, probably not far off it right now

I wasn't suggesting there was a chance of him changing allegiance tbh. Pointing out his dad playing for Scotland and having his family connections and actively pushing him for England is just our luck.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
37 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I wasn't suggesting there was a chance of him changing allegiance tbh. Pointing out his dad playing for Scotland and having his family connections and actively pushing him for England is just our luck.

👍

Thought Frank and Eddie might influence, however all their offspring have lived down there all of their lives.

Mikey1874

"No disrespect to Scotland, but I never thought of playing for them" - Anthony Gordon. 

jamboinglasgow
31 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

"No disrespect to Scotland, but I never thought of playing for them" - Anthony Gordon. 

Not saying he was ever close to playing for us, but it does sound like the kind of a comment a player makes after getting their future secured and wants to make out they were always committed to their club/country. I do think he had some thoughts on possibly playing for Scotland after the last squad snub by Southgate, even if it was if he didn't keep getting picked. But also wanted to get the story out to force Southgate to pick him.

jamboinglasgow

Vargas on the bench tonight for Costa Rica in their Copa America qualification play off against Honduras. Seen quite a few Costa Rica fans online angry he is not starting.

Game is at 11:15

Jamboross

Games also available on YouTube. Probably better quality and less dodgy adverts than Fawa (works fine if you click through, despite it saying it's unavailable). 

Edited by Jamboross

Jamboross

3-1 Costa Rica. Looks like Kenny is off to the Copa America to play Brazil! 

Honduras fans making the Hobos attempts at chucking shit at Shankland look amateurish. 😄

Jamboross

Kenny on for the final five. Daft Yank commentator seems to think he's been playing in Colombia. 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Kenny on for the final five. Daft Yank commentator seems to think he's been playing in Colombia. 

Heard that, the commentator got mixed up with his Vargas' (though had the correct info about Kenneth's comments about Honduras.)

jamboinglasgow

Costa Rica win, they will be in a group in the Copa America this summer with Brazil, Colombia and Paraguay.

Jamboross

Notice most of their squad is still pretty young and playing in Costa Rica. Hope Kenny's been talking us up, it's a market I'd quite like us to be going back to. 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Notice most of their squad is still pretty young and playing in Costa Rica. Hope Kenny's been talking us up, it's a market I'd quite like us to be going back to. 

The guy who scored their second goal, Warren Madrigal, is only 19 and struck his goal really well. Another striker, worth looking at.

Jamboross
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The guy who scored their second goal, Warren Madrigal, is only 19 and struck his goal really well. Another striker, worth looking at.

Aye it was him specifically that I liked the look of. Got a decent goal contribution record for one so young, 19 goals and 8 assists in 70 odd games for a mid-table side. 

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Get him for a song?

gregzy2k7

Well done to all the players who are away with national teams, 

We probably had a few that just missed out as well through various injuries and issues,

I.e Neiwenhof, Devlin, Kingsley

Good times,

Just hope no one comes back injured.

7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Get him for a song?

Would be good to welcome him to the family 

Bob Loblaw

Well done Kenny.

Will he be our first representative at the Copa America if he's called up? Only other I can think of is maybe Pinilla.

Bob Loblaw

Lembikisa has scored his first international goal and it was an absolute beauty. Currently 1 up against Panama.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Lembikisa has scored his first international goal and it was an absolute beauty. Currently 1 up against Panama.

manaliveits105
3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Woo hooo ! worldy 

Congratulations Dexter 

manaliveits105

On YouTube (whole match) but after he scores the commentator says 

plays in Scaatland for Heart of Midlothian :HeartsManspotrun: