Jim Leighton

Buster HMFC

Benny Klack

Great goalie who done well to get his career back on track when Fergie hung him out to dry at Man United.

Having him and Goram as Scotland keepers in the same era was incredible.

Couldnae stop Fozzie though (or Robbo on countless occasions 😎)

Hopefully he’s on the road to full recovery - good football guy. 

dbusby6
15 minutes ago, tamanov said:

I am being treated for prostate cancer at the moment. I’m on hormone injections and I’ve had 4 radiotherapy sessions so far, another 19 to go for me. 
I had no symptoms but decided to ask for a blood test after someone I knew had been diagnosed. 
if your over 50 or have family history of the disease or you’re going to the loo more often than usual or your not peeing normally in any way or you’re getting up for a pee in the middle of the night more than usual ask for a blood test.
Don’t take no for an answer if you just want tested as some doctors won’t test you if you’ve no symptoms! 
Get checked, it could save your life, it did for me. 

Very good advice. I had prostate cancer four years ago and had an operation. All ok now. I had no symptoms but luckily it showed up in a blood test for something else. Hope your treatment goes well!

"bandy bandy bandy bandy"

Loved JC lobbing him from about 30 yards at Easter Road when it was easier to nutmeg him 😂 

Never minded Jim Leighton for Scotland but didn't worry me when he aged and was at Hibs like Goram did and absolutely nobody since. 

The Real Maroonblood
26 minutes ago, tamanov said:

I am being treated for prostate cancer at the moment. I’m on hormone injections and I’ve had 4 radiotherapy sessions so far, another 19 to go for me. 
I had no symptoms but decided to ask for a blood test after someone I knew had been diagnosed. 
if your over 50 or have family history of the disease or you’re going to the loo more often than usual or your not peeing normally in any way or you’re getting up for a pee in the middle of the night more than usual ask for a blood test.
Don’t take no for an answer if you just want tested as some doctors won’t test you if you’ve no symptoms! 

All the best.

28 minutes ago, tamanov said:

Great advice, and all the best with your treatment 🙏🏼

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, db211833 said:

He's always had the skeletor lookk. Don't there is any problem,  he is 65.

I'm 12 years older with cancer and I look 12 years younger than he does.

Buster HMFC

Fair play to the guys and girls who have replied to this thread

tian447
2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Stupid prick had only task to

pull out no1 and no3 and he screwed it useless sheepshagging ****

It's all Jim Leighton's fault. 

:conspiracy:

JudyJudyJudy
43 minutes ago, tamanov said:

Very good advice . It’s an insidious cancer as there are hardly any symptoms apart from going to loo more which most people just write off as getting old . 

Corstorphine Jambo

When I saw it was Leighton making the draw, I thought he might need his old goalie gloves as those old firm balls would be mighty hot

redjambo
2 hours ago, tamanov said:

This. It saved my life too. Didn't save my prostate though - that's long gone, in some analysis jar somewhere. :)

All the best, tamanov. If you're near a Maggies, they can be a great support.

Edited by redjambo

Buster HMFC
2 hours ago, tamanov said:

Horrible disease mate. I hope everybody hèdd your words 

Bindy Badgy
6 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

☹️ Good luck to him. Decent Scotland goalie.

He put in a man of the match performance in this game. A quick look over the qualification table on Wikipedia indicates that it played a critical role in us getting to France.

SwindonJambo
3 hours ago, Bindy Badgy said:

He put in a man of the match performance in this game. A quick look over the qualification table on Wikipedia indicates that it played a critical role in us getting to France.

I remember Roddy Forsyth describing him as "Scotland's bulletproof vest" in that game. I seem to remember us being under the hammer pretty much from start to finish, with John McGinley providing some brief respite!

Ex member of the SaS
11 hours ago, db211833 said:

He's always had the skeletor lookk. Don't there is any problem,  he is 65.

65? I have had a harder life and am 71 and look better than he does. I genuinely thought he must be in his 80's.

Bindy Badgy
57 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I remember Roddy Forsyth describing him as "Scotland's bulletproof vest" in that game. I seem to remember us being under the hammer pretty much from start to finish, with John McGinley providing some brief respite!

That fits my recollection of the game. Sweden were a good team back then that had got the semis of Euro 92 and USA 94.

Tommy Brown
13 hours ago, Buster HMFC said:

Joking about what. Half the comments embarrassing. You awrite wi that aye

It's you that is taking the posts way out of context Buster.

16 hours ago, Buster HMFC said:

Nope

What do you mean by "nope"?

Jim Leighton has always looked a bit older than he actually was.  It is not a criticism of him, merely a popular, and well documented, opinion.  

I can only assume that you are a person similar to the ilk of Peter Pan?

After backing you up last night on your first comment to @Italian Lambretta, you seem to have gone a bit over-the-top with some of your remarks to other posters.

You clearly like a bit of antagonism, coupled with a fair spread of slanderous and derogatory comments on here.

To be honest with you, Buster, I can now fully understand my decision a good few weeks ago to ignore you.  I erred last night regarding that train of thought, and now regret my supportive post to you.

You are, as my mum used to say, 'all mouth and trousers'.

Pasquale for King
16 hours ago, tamanov said:

Good luck with all that. 

Firefox
18 hours ago, tamanov said:

I've always been of the opinion that there should be a prostate screening programme for men over 50 like there is breast screening for women.  It's the most common cancer in men and regular testing helps to catch it in the early stages and increases the chance of survival. 

Wish you all the best and hope your treatment does the business 👍