2nd jobs/Extra Income

muldoon74

muldoon74

I need an extra few quid a week (legitimately, i.e. nothing dodgy) to help pay some stuff off early..

Anyone have an extra job? What does it pay? What skills are required? 

I've been a private hire driver, delivery driver and current full time proper job hours don't allow for these types of positions..

Have been considering something in data entry from home but there are so many companies its a hard to know what's genuine and not just a scam.

Could easily fit in 2 hours a day doing data entry or surveys but as mentioned so many companies and who's genuine????

Over to you JKB...

rudi must stay

Lot of money online Depop eBay and Vinted. You don't make loads but you make some money and what's more it's fun you can choose what markets you want to go into. I got an eBay 6 years ago and I've made 3000 sales, I'm not the best businessman in the world but I enjoy it

henrysmithsgloves

Look for another job that pays better,been in a similar position to yourself, delivering Chinese after work,was good tax free money at the time,but decided to get a better job. Unfortunately the money jobs were abroad, missed a lot working away,the upshot was I could retire at 55 Mortgage free . Mrs works part time,not rich,but comfortable now👍🏻

muldoon74
6 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Look for another job that pays better,been in a similar position to yourself, delivering Chinese after work,was good tax free money at the time,but decided to get a better job. Unfortunately the money jobs were abroad, missed a lot working away,the upshot was I could retire at 55 Mortgage free . Mrs works part time,not rich,but comfortable now👍🏻

Could easily get another job with my main (current) skill set as I have a class2 license. Actually for first time on many a year am happy in current position. It's not that hard and although you get the occasional shit week or day, generally home by 7 on the worst days. I could push 40k a year easily. But for that I will have no home life, be working every other weekend and be absolutely knackered 99% of the time. Working abroad not an option. Almost all delivery jobs these days are deliveroo or just eat etc so not much cash in hand anymore. 

My current  job utilises my skills yet I am job and finish. Start at 12, paid for the day yet finish when I finish. Usually under 30 hours a week. That's why I'm looking for just a few hours day doing something easy to get maybe up to an extra £100 a week. Was thinking data entry online or similar as I have years of admin and pc based work so am up on using a pc etc. Want to pay some things off early so my wife can retire in 5 years at 65. And I can get a bigger bike. 

muldoon74
28 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Lot of money online Depop eBay and Vinted. You don't make loads but you make some money and what's more it's fun you can choose what markets you want to go into. I got an eBay 6 years ago and I've made 3000 sales, I'm not the best businessman in the world but I enjoy it

Got screwed a few times on ebay some years ago. Don't trust it anymore. 

Never heard of Depop so will look into that. Vinted seems to me like ebay but solely for clothes. May look into that aswell. 

9 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

I need an extra few quid a week (legitimately, i.e. nothing dodgy) to help pay some stuff off early..

Anyone have an extra job? What does it pay? What skills are required? 

I've been a private hire driver, delivery driver and current full time proper job hours don't allow for these types of positions..

Have been considering something in data entry from home but there are so many companies its a hard to know what's genuine and not just a scam.

Could easily fit in 2 hours a day doing data entry or surveys but as mentioned so many companies and who's genuine????

Over to you JKB...

My mate goes on about passive income.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive_income

Threedoorsdown

A few of my younger family members sign up on justeat etc as a pushbike and just use their cars.

Can earn about £70 for four hours work on a weekend. You apparently get an app that pays you instantly aswell.

2024 and people need second jobs to live. Ridiculous.

Bindy Badgy
1 hour ago, Threedoorsdown said:

A few of my younger family members sign up on justeat etc as a pushbike and just use their cars.

Can earn about £70 for four hours work on a weekend. You apparently get an app that pays you instantly aswell.

2024 and people need second jobs to live. Ridiculous.

If they're misrepresenting their mode of transport they're probably driving uninsured. 

Herbert.
12 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

Got screwed a few times on ebay some years ago. Don't trust it anymore. 

Never heard of Depop so will look into that. Vinted seems to me like ebay but solely for clothes. May look into that aswell. 

My wife has made good chunk of cash on vinted, must be near 1k but its a pain in the arse.

If your cpc and that is up to date just do some agency work. 

Albert McFly

Do youth and amateurs refereeing you'll get £40-60 per game for a couple of hours out of your day. You can do 4/5/6 games per week easily and it's all close to home 

Jim_Duncan

Double figure replies and no one has yet mentioned the lad getting himself down Leith way and earning his crust the Greek way. Disappointed, kickback, disappointed.

The Earl of Marchmont employs folk.

Just saying, like.

:biggrin:

Herbert.
1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Double figure replies and no one has yet mentioned the lad getting himself down Leith way and earning his crust the Greek way. Disappointed, kickback, disappointed.

Is that not his main job?

• 3 weeks later...
muldoon74
On 11/03/2024 at 12:03, Herbert. said:

My wife has made good chunk of cash on vinted, must be near 1k but its a pain in the arse.

If your cpc and that is up to date just do some agency work. 

https://www.vinted.co.uk/items/4302540086-heart-of-midlothian-fc-hoodie?referrer=catalog

Is your wife selling this? 😀

Haven't really had the time since I made this thread to look into stuff (family stuff, hangovers, riding my motorbike..) but came back to it tonight for some reason.

This hoodie was one of the fist things that popped up. 

Seeing the price things go for (i.e. sub £10-£15) I'd have to put a fair amount of work into it to make it pay.. I can think of maybe £150 -200 quids worth of stuff in my wardrobes between my wifes unworn stuff and mine. After that I'll have to start looking for  stuff elsewhere which may start costing me money.. 

Re vinted etc... do people actually buy un-ironed t-shirts from strangers off the internet? Seems to me that nothing is ironed and the way to sell is to make it look as 2nd hand (but clean) as possible.. 

Might give it a bash just to clear the wardrobe out tbh! 😂(which vinted was how vinted was started in the first place..)

Re CPC and agency work, CPC needs renewed 2027 but theres no agency gonna give me 2-2.5 hours a day monday to friday (I've worked weekends and public holidays for 20+years before I got this job, not going back to that shite!!.. Weekends are mine now! 😂)

Iv had to take on a second job in a bar as I am struggling and it is almost not worth it after the taxman takes his share. What a life..

Tommy Brown
3 hours ago, Negan said:

Iv had to take on a second job in a bar as I am struggling and it is almost not worth it after the taxman takes his share. What a life..

Get yourself on a Referee course.

Better money and no taxman (so I've been told):whistling:

Herbert.
13 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

https://www.vinted.co.uk/items/4302540086-heart-of-midlothian-fc-hoodie?referrer=catalog

Haven't really had the time since I made this thread to look into stuff (family stuff, hangovers, riding my motorbike..) but came back to it tonight for some reason.

Seeing the price things go for (i.e. sub £10-£15) I'd have to put a fair amount of work into it to make it pay.. I can think of maybe £150 -200 quids worth of stuff in my wardrobes between my wifes unworn stuff and mine. After that I'll have to start looking for  stuff elsewhere which may start costing me money.. 

Re vinted etc... do people actually buy un-ironed t-shirts from strangers off the internet? Seems to me that nothing is ironed and the way to sell is to make it look as 2nd hand (but clean) as possible.. 

Might give it a bash just to clear the wardrobe out tbh! 😂(which vinted was how vinted was started in the first place..)

Re CPC and agency work, CPC needs renewed 2027 but theres no agency gonna give me 2-2.5 hours a day monday to friday (I've worked weekends and public holidays for 20+years before I got this job, not going back to that shite!!.. Weekends are mine now! 😂)

Aye people buy any old shite😂

If your selling run a iron over the stuff you can ask for a few extra quid. She sold a pair of converse I paid 25-30 for years ago for 40😂 there are alot of moaners on it, 1 guy bought a white shirt for 1.50 I wore it once to a job interview and he wanted 75p back because he said it had baubles on it. I couldnt be arsed with dealing with that shite. 

if your only looking for 1 or 2 hours a day its gonna be hard to find something, if you have your bus licence you could easily get on school runs.

18 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

Only really use Vinted to buy stuff for my boy, kids out grow most stuff before it’s got a chance to get badly worn so most stuff is in great condition and you can get much better branded clothes for the same price as new stuff from Asda or primark etc

Gershwin

What's better for selling street wear like Carhartt/Stussy/Dickies/Stray Rats? Depop or Vinted?

Lovecraft

Either prostitution or selling drugs.  Both tax free income.

Or cover both and sell drugs to prostitutes.  I've heard it's a really high mark-up.