The Greatest Magician

rudi must stay

tightrope
9 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

For me Paul Daniels 

Was great but went off him after the car crash interview when Freddie Mercury died. Total prck behaviour. The Queen lads done well to not smack him one. I like dynamo. 

adambraejambo
14 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

For me Paul Daniels 

Gob Bluth. You must have heard about him. Much better. 

JudyJudyJudy

David Nixon 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

SectionDJambo
26 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Tommy cooper 

One of my favourite entertainers over the years.  He was sacked from a run of shows in America because they thought he couldn't do the tricks. They had no idea that fumbling about was a big part of his act. His jokes were so bad they were funny.

I still remember him collapsing live on tv when he suffered his fatal heart attack. The audience were laughing at first, thinking he was just fooling about.

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

Lawrence Shankland.  

😁

It’s Tommy Cooper.

Just like that.

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

One of my favourite entertainers over the years.  He was sacked from a run of shows in America because they thought he couldn't do the tricks. They had no idea that fumbling about was a big part of his act. His jokes were so bad they were funny.

I still remember him collapsing live on tv when he suffered his fatal heart attack. The audience were laughing at first, thinking he was just fooling about.

Yes my dad was a real fan of his . Got me watching him and I also recall that sad night he passed away . A great man 

I enjoy Penn And Teller when they do the Fool Me TV shows. But I have to admit most people I’ve ever met that are into magic and learning tricks tend to be a bit odd, including professional magicians I’ve met. 

John Findlay

Tommy Cooper, the man in my eyes was a genius.

Today, the guy Steve that was formerly Dynamo I find entertaining.

Canscot
4 hours ago, Morgan said:

It’s Tommy Cooper.

Just like that.

No like that!

Like THAT!

Canscot

Only REAL famous magician I have seen live was Chris Angel in Las Vegas. I was only 3-4 rows from front of stage and what he did was incredible!

Lone Striker
3 hours ago, been here before said:

FYP68HgWQAIIlZf.thumb.jpeg.80e9140a4632315469241772382b2ef0.jpeg

Married to Victoria Wood for quite a while.    

Penn & Teller, David Blaine     and Dynamo  were amazing.     Part of the fun watching them on TV was trying to spot the ways they had to distract the observer/audience.  

8 hours ago, Rupert Custard said:

Jerry Sadowitz

Good shout.

His card skills are on a different level.

Herbert.
16 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Gerry McCann 

He's only half a magician.

John Findlay
Just now, Pap said:

MV5BNzUxODRhNWYtZmE1NC00ZmM0LTgzMGQtMTg3

Excellent episode of Colombo.

Салатные палочки

I do a great disappearing act when I'm out after a day session. Usually around 6pm when the thought of a Chinese gets into my head. 

weegranty
19 hours ago, Canscot said:

Only REAL famous magician I have seen live was Chris Angel in Las Vegas. I was only 3-4 rows from front of stage and what he did was incredible!

Went to his show aswell,thought it was sh1te. Penn and Teller were superb though.

I P Knightley
21 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Tommy Cooper, the man in my eyes was a genius.

Today, the guy Steve that was formerly Dynamo I find entertaining.

I didn't realise he'd dropped the "Dynamo" tag. I agree that he's good. A mate of mine saw him close up and was flummoxed with the 'turning a bunch of lottery slips into £20 notes' trick. Putting someone's phone inside a bottle? Mind blown!!

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Excellent episode of Colombo.

Yes it was . He sadly died in a house fire a year or so after . 

iantjambo
On 04/03/2024 at 07:43, tightrope said:

Was great but went off him after the car crash interview when Freddie Mercury died. Total prck behaviour. The Queen lads done well to not smack him one. I like dynamo. 

Didn’t know about this. What happened or was said in the interview?

Spellczech

Was the guy who died in a theatre fire in Edinburgh not meant to be the best in the World?

The Jazz Emu

I liked David Copperfield.

I thought he was magic.

been here before
25 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Was the guy who died in a theatre fire in Edinburgh not meant to be the best in the World?

The Great Lafayette in 1911, quite a tale, initially escaped but ran back in to save his horse.

Burned to death when the Palace Empire Theatre in Nicolson Street went up in flames. His body was found and identified before being taken through to Glasgow for cremation (not sure why they couldnt do it in Edinburgh) anyhow while this wait was taking place there was another body found that was also identified as the Great Lafyette due to the charred remains 'wearing' certain identifiable objects such as specific rings. 

Turns out the original body was that of his bandleader who was wearing a couple of items of Lafeyettes clothing as he was his body double for certain tricks in the act.

The real Lafyette was in turn cremated and buried at Piershill Cemetry.

Edited by been here before

tightrope
14 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Didn’t know about this. What happened or was said in the interview?

If you google, Paul Daniels Freddie Mercury, the you tube link will let you view it. Not nice and clearly a homophobe. 

iantjambo
25 minutes ago, tightrope said:

If you google, Paul Daniels Freddie Mercury, the you tube link will let you view it. Not nice and clearly a homophobe. 

I’ll have a look. Cheers 👍🏻

Nookie Bear
15 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I didn't realise he'd dropped the "Dynamo" tag. I agree that he's good. A mate of mine saw him close up and was flummoxed with the 'turning a bunch of lottery slips into £20 notes' trick. Putting someone's phone inside a bottle? Mind blown!!

I love the quick fire close up magic that these guys do and I’m always easily impressed by a simple card trick being played out in front of my eyes. 

What I can’t be arsed with is a 20 minute build up to simply hiding some glamorous assistant. 😴 

I P Knightley
6 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I love the quick fire close up magic that these guys do and I’m always easily impressed by a simple card trick being played out in front of my eyes. 

What I can’t be arsed with is a 20 minute build up to simply hiding some glamorous assistant. 😴 

This is true. They have fewer tricks so they spin out the build up to fill their 20 minute slot. 

Carl Fredrickson

Dan Bastianelli is a local (originally Newtongrange) magician who has impressed me. His recent shows at the Festival were sell outs and he is well worth going to see. My kids think he is magic......

Canscot

Darcy Oake, a Canadian boy who won Britains Got Talent is supposed to be good too. Never actually seen him as I think he ply's his trade over there mostly. 
His old man Scott ,  is a Hockey Night In Canada  presenter. 

On 04/03/2024 at 11:45, Victorian said:

Lawrence Shankland.  

Yup he's magic alright 👍 

Jamstomorrow

Roy Wood . . .  but he was more Wizzard than Magician.