Feed the Bair!!!!

Bongo 1874

PortyBeach
4 minutes ago, Rampant said:

I don't think signing Theo Bair would guarantee us wins against them.

Neither do I. But according to you, our pathetic performance at Ibrox doesn’t matter.

What matters you say is Bair’s alleged lack of quality.
My point is the “better” signings you presumably think we have made, have proved to be ineffectual when it counts.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hansel

• Bongo 1874

• Bazzas right boot

• PortyBeach

Gregski51
3 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Would prefer Mika Beireth 🙏🏻🇩🇰

Decent on FM 

BigAlim

Initially I thought he was just having a purple patch but actually I would consider signing him as he’s continuing to produce. I’m also pished though so I’ll going back in the pub to sing The Seeker on karaoke 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Feck me! Can we not just bring back Uche or Nade? The love of "big strikers" never ceases to amaze me.

colinmaroon
3 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Did he touch the ball when we played them?

For real though, if it's just athletes with minimal ability we're after then Robbie will be able to provide them on tap.

He's a goalscorer but beware forming an opinion based on Sportscene highlights.  Even tonight there were a few faux pa's from the man.  Remember Sutton, another goalscorer!

Rampant
25 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Neither do I. But according to you, our pathetic performance at Ibrox doesn’t matter.

What matters you say is Bair’s alleged lack of quality.
My point is the “better” signings you presumably think we have made, have proved to be ineffectual when it counts.

I have never said that our performance at Ibrox doesn't matter.

Our difference in opinion here seems to be that you think our performances only count when at Ibrox.  So much so that even performances at Parkhead seem to be irrelevant.

My point is that it actually counts every week.  And that yes, the better signings I think we've made, have proved to be more effective in that regard.

I think Bair is on a decent run of form and I'm not trying to criticise him in particular.  I just don't think our recruitment policy should be based on how well a player performed once in Glasgow.  Shankland is yet to win us a game at Ibrox, he hasn't done it "when it counts".  But I do believe he's been a better signing than Theo Bair, and I'm not keen for us to offer Motherwell a swap deal.

Edited by Rampant

1971fozzy
4 hours ago, EH11 2NL said:

Most people have suggested good players over the years, it's part of being a fan. Not everyone feels the need to start a look at me thread. Weird 

🤣🤣🤣👍

BigAlim
24 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Initially I thought he was just having a purple patch but actually I would consider signing him as he’s continuing to produce. I’m also pished though so I’ll going back in the pub to sing The Seeker on karaoke 

Give me the night by George Benson next

BigAlim
20 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Give me the night by George Benson next

Brimful of Asha now in a phoenix nights style

gregzy2k7

Connor Sammon scored against the OF for killie too if I remember correctly. 

Doesn't mean your a great player,

if you can do it regularly then you might have an argument.

tian447
3 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

That's 2x the rate that the OP is working with. 

BigAlim
2 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Brimful of Asha now in a phoenix nights style

Finished with Firestarter

gorgieroar
8 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Aye, so did Joel Nouble once. So ****ing what? 

Hope I don't get slaughtered but I think nouble would definitely do a job for us and score goals he's had no service this season.

Edited by gorgieroar

No Idle Talk
10 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Took some stick for suggesting this guy.

download (7).jpeg

Bongo, you should be Hearts head scout. You know everything bud. 

Valois No1

He’s a decent player. A well fan I know says he’s improved lots this season. Not sure he’s right for Hearts but he does seem to have a bit about him. 

8 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

If we lose shanks then he’d be a good shout 

If we lose shanks we’ll be going for a much higher calibre replacement than Bair. 

SM Sheffield

Contributed to a great result and played well but he had several opportunities which he could and should have done much better with too. Looking at the highlights Motherwell could have scored 3 or 4 yesterday and the reason they missed out was down to Bair and his decision making. Clearly a handful as a striker but he is lacking at times in football intelligence from what I have watched of him. Not a signing I would want to see.

Agree with others who say Blair Spittal should be on the radar. 

loveofthegame

Has the same vibes as the “sign Nouble” shouts did at a time…

Could be a one season wonder but, if this table is accurate, it appears he has only scored 2 league goals less than  Miovski this season. Which surprises me because I thought Miovski had scored significantly more than Bair

Screenshot_20240303_080118_FotMob.jpg

Edited by Hansel

Spittal joint top in assists amongst several players. Didn't realise he had the same amount as Armstrong.

Screenshot_20240303_080849_FotMob.jpg

Motherwell are the highest goalscorers in the league. Apart from  the uglies

Gundermann
2 hours ago, Hansel said:

Spittal joint top in assists amongst several players. Didn't realise he had the same amount as Armstrong.

Screenshot_20240303_080849_FotMob.jpg

Spittal looked good in the highlights from Greyskull yesterday. Has been mentioned before IIRC.

Mikey1874
15 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

download (7).jpeg

For the team 20 points behind Hearts.

Congratulations. Did you enjoy the last defeat at Tynecastle when he was anonymous.

Edited by Mikey1874

henrysmithsgloves
16 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

download (7).jpeg

tenor-3950021235.gif

• 1 month later...
Heres Rixxy

Wonder if the mood has shifted over the past month. Certainly anyone scoring a decent number of goals in a relatively poor side in our league is worth considering.

Still young, international experience, linked up well with Spittal already. 

Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, Heres Rixxy said:

Wonder if the mood has shifted over the past month. Certainly anyone scoring a decent number of goals in a relatively poor side in our league is worth considering.

Still needs improvement,I just think Naismith, is the type of coach that can get it out of him.

He's undervalued.

Pasquale for King

Shows there are guys out there that are good enough to score goals in our league. Naismith would improve any striker that’s willing to listen to him. 
Hats off to Motherwell again, taking a guy who was punted from Perth and probably worth over £500k now. 

JimmyCant
31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Shows there are guys out there that are good enough to score goals in our league. Naismith would improve any striker that’s willing to listen to him. 
Hats off to Motherwell again, taking a guy who was punted from Perth and probably worth over £500k now. 

Could be a one season wonder of course because he’s never had stats like this. Good age. Strong and quick. Probably nearer £800k though. Still a gamble but one worth taking IMO because you’ll get 5 times your money back if he’s the real deal

Edited by JimmyCant

gar jambo
10 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

John Hughes?

Yup ive seen enough bair to see he would do a good job for us! and low risk also another young proven striker if shankland goes but we can't wait to decide what shankland stays  or goes we must have the striking options in place !

Took his goal very well yesterday and looks like someone who doesn’t get flustered when he has a scoring chance. A couple of his finishes have been extremely skilful. I reckon he’s a much better shout than Nouble who is never a finisher.

Gundermann
4 minutes ago, S Form said:

Took his goal very well yesterday and looks like someone who doesn’t get flustered when he has a scoring chance. A couple of his finishes have been extremely skilful. I reckon he’s a much better shout than Nouble who is never a finisher.

Superb goal. He's a work in progress but maybe worth a punt.

13 hours ago, Heres Rixxy said:

He'll still have a year to run, so Motherwell likely to want a hefty transfer fee. If he was on a free, I think it wouldn't be too difficult to justify but this looks to have been his best ever season. Its sort of a question if he can replicate that next year. 

I do love his attitude though, there is a video of him and one of the analysts at Motherwell properly drilling into his decision making and what to do in certain situations to improve his all round game. Its a really interesting video and paints him in a very good light as a player that is taking what he does extremely seriously, which you've got to respect I think!!

Here's a thought. Will likely leave Motherwell on a free at the end of next season. If Shankland doesn't extend, and see's out his contract, then it could be a simple 1 in 1 out and we'll have 2 seasons worth of evidence to justify bringing Bair in as our #9 demonstrating he's not a 1 season wonder. 

Although, may also have competition from down south at that point. 

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, OTT said:

He'll still have a year to run, so Motherwell likely to want a hefty transfer fee. If he was on a free, I think it wouldn't be too difficult to justify but this looks to have been his best ever season. Its sort of a question if he can replicate that next year. 

I do love his attitude though, there is a video of him and one of the analysts at Motherwell properly drilling into his decision making and what to do in certain situations to improve his all round game. Its a really interesting video and paints him in a very good light as a player that is taking what he does extremely seriously, which you've got to respect I think!!

Here's a thought. Will likely leave Motherwell on a free at the end of next season. If Shankland doesn't extend, and see's out his contract, then it could be a simple 1 in 1 out and we'll have 2 seasons worth of evidence to justify bringing Bair in as our #9 demonstrating he's not a 1 season wonder. 

Last point the sticker.

naeclue

He seems to have a great understanding with Spittal, makes you think....

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, OTT said:

Tbh, any decent striker will likely have interest from other clubs.

spacerjoe

We've potentially got a much better player already on our books in James Wilson. Would rather we started to integrate him into the first team next season.

2 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

We've potentially got a much better player already on our books in James Wilson. Would rather we started to integrate him into the first team next season.

Wilson is quite a bit away from being ready. 

spacerjoe
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Wilson is quite a bit away from being ready. 

Not ready to be a first team starter for sure. But ready to start being given more minutes, here and there.

Bongo 1874
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, OTT said:

Him and Armstrong with Spittal just off him.

Scary potential.

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Him and Armstrong with Spittal just off him.

Frightening potential.

:wow:

It's surprising he's done as well as he has (fair play to him) as Saints fans I know were not impressed with him at all and said he was no loss to them when he left.

Lone Striker
9 hours ago, OTT said:

If he doesn't sign an extended contract at Motherwell in the summer,  and he starts next season well, then  I hope we make an offer to buy him in August. If Motherwell say no, then I hope we offer him a pre-contract in January like we did with Spittal.  

As others have said, we'll need 3 or 4  proven strikers to allow us to compete in Europe at the same time as League & League Cup. next season.    Hopefully Shanks is one of them .........