Deadco still costing Tax payer Money

Hagar the Horrible

Hagar the Horrible

So after failing to pay their taxes, went bust, another pay out to Imran Ahmed for £600000 for malicious prosecution

How much now has that club cost the taxpayer?  guess what £52million

Ex member of the SaS

More concerned how much they cost our club! Nearly went bust trying to compete on a biased playing field. I would suggest it was malicious prosecutors and Duff and Co that cost the public purse.

Footballfirst
47 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

So after failing to pay their taxes, went bust, another pay out to Imran Ahmed for £600000 for malicious prosecution

I made a post in the original Sevco thread along the same lines.  He had claimed £60m.

Edited by Footballfirst

PortyBeach
On 29/02/2024 at 16:38, Hagar the Horrible said:

As you rightly say, it’s the rest of us who’ll have to pay - one way or another - for this.

Surely there needs to be an inquiry into the motivations of those who pressed ahead with, and enabled, prosecutions they must have known were likely to be unsustainable? 

What did all the defendants in question have in common?
And surely - as a result - some heads need to roll?

And is anyone at the SFA ensuring the new club are paying their taxes. With the huge debts they are racking up im sure tax is the last thing again to be getting paid.

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

As you rightly say, it’s the rest of us who’ll have to pay - one way or another - for this.

Surely there needs to be an inquiry into the motivations of those who pressed ahead with, and enabled, prosecutions they must have known were likely to be unsustainable? 

What did all the defendants in question have in common?
And surely - as a result - some heads need to roll?

Here's what the COPFS annual report stated (year to 31/03/2023).

https://www.copfs.gov.uk/media/xzzfhg4f/annual-report-and-financial-statements-for-the-year-ended-31-march-2023.pdf

We have been involved in civil litigation brought against the Lord Advocate by individuals prosecuted in connection with the acquisition and administration of Rangers Football Club. Some cases have resolved with sums paid to pursuers as at 31 March 2023 totalling £51.7m (includes compensation and pursuers’ legal fees over multiple years), and other cases remain before the court. This is a highly complex matter in which the Inner House of the Court of Session has clarified the law on the common law immunity from suit of the Lord Advocate in exercising their prosecutorial function. In February 2021 the Lord Advocate made a statement in the Scottish Parliament about this matter and has committed to further public accountability and to a process of inquiry once all litigation has concluded (see note 10 to the accounts on page 103).

davemclaren
6 hours ago, Tiger said:

And is anyone at the SFA ensuring the new club are paying their taxes. With the huge debts they are racking up im sure tax is the last thing again to be getting paid.

I think HMRC will ensure that. 

PortyBeach
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I think HMRC will ensure that. 

I agree.

Let’s not forget though, the issue here is not the tax situation of the phoenix club, but that of the ultimately liquidated Rangers FC.

The multi-million payouts to the individuals involved in the administration and liquidation of RFC are stark evidence that they’d been subject to malicious treatment from certain individuals within both the Police force and the Scottish Judiciary.

The big question is what’s going on here?

What conclusions might we draw from this about the leanings and prejudices of senior figures in these organisations?

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

I agree.

Let’s not forget though, the issue here is not the tax situation of the phoenix club, but that of the ultimately liquidated Rangers FC.

The multi-million payouts to the individuals involved in the administration and liquidation of RFC are stark evidence that they’d been subject to malicious treatment from certain individuals within both the Police force and the Scottish Judiciary.

The big question is what’s going on here?

What conclusions might we draw from this about the leanings and prejudices of senior figures in these organisations?

No idea tbh. I'm sure it will all come out.