Finlay Pollock

Walter Kidd

Walter Kidd

Great to see the laddie back around the squad after horrendous injury problems. Keep going pal. A great career awaits.

jamboinglasgow

Do find it mad that was his first Premiership appearance considering he has played for us in Europe.

Pleased to see him back, has been unlucky with injury.

Looking forward to seeing Pollock, Tait and Denholm becoming more involved but would like to grind out a couple more wins first 

thegreatsd

Absolutely brilliant seeing the lad back. He’s always impressed in his cameos and has something about him. One day we could have a midfield of him, Tait and Denholm which would be a nicely balanced trio of good Jambos in our engine room. That would be something special. Keep it up lads👍🇱🇻

2 minutes ago, thegreatsd said:

Absolutely brilliant seeing the lad back. He’s always impressed in his cameos and has something about him. One day we could have a midfield of him, Tait and Denholm which would be a nicely balanced trio of good Jambos in our engine room. That would be something special. Keep it up lads👍🇱🇻

It's great to see. I'd also like to see us blood a left sided centre-back and right back when third is secured,  as these are two positions for which we may need replacements

Edited by tcjambo

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

It's great to see. I'd also like to see us blood a left sided centre-back and right back when third is secured,  as these are two positions for which we may need replacements

Left sided centre backs don't grow on trees.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Left sided centre backs don't grow on trees.

Plus we already have Rowles and Kingsley for that position, we have depth for it.

I echo comments above. Pollock been outstanding for the B Team over the past month. Totally delighted to be in the crowd to clap this boy on the pitch. Just a humble, hard working boy brought through the Academy. Have enjoyed his development, and with a bit of better luck, the future looks fantastic for the lad.

Walter Kidd
4 minutes ago, Prehen said:

I echo comments above. Pollock been outstanding for the B Team over the past month. Totally delighted to be in the crowd to clap this boy on the pitch. Just a humble, hard working boy brought through the Academy. Have enjoyed his development, and with a bit of better luck, the future looks fantastic for the lad.

Really delighted to hear that.  

loveofthegame

What was very noticeable was that, unlike Tait and Denholm (been v impressed by Tait in particular so not a dig) he looked like a proper athlete/man when he came on.

Now that isn’t always an indicator of ability and I know there’s nothing worse than calling out a player as “too wee” but I’m not talking about height and more talking about physical strength. We always talk about the diff in athleticism between EPL players and those we produce. He looks different on that front.

Looking forward to seeing more of him.

26 minutes ago, thegreatsd said:

Totally agree.  Well said.

Nice to see Naismith has a bit of the romantic about him, sticking Pollock on ten minutes from the end of a derby with the intention of turning him into a cult hero.

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

What was very noticeable was that, unlike Tait and Denholm (been v impressed by Tait in particular so not a dig) he looked like a proper athlete/man when he came on.

Now that isn’t always an indicator of ability and I know there’s nothing worse than calling out a player as “too wee” but I’m not talking about height and more talking about physical strength. We always talk about the diff in athleticism between EPL players and those we produce. He looks different on that front.

it is very important. 

4 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

tbf, the lad has not been able to get on the pitch so has built his top half from lots of gym work. His injury not allowed him to run so the lad spent the time well doing everything else he can. But you are right, are best young players have certain physical characteristics (Tait being small and Wilson slim) but these three will go far in the game with a bit of luck. These co called weaknesses don't get exposed as they are so quick in thought and mind. 

Bit of a strange sub in a derby we should be trying to win. Thought Tait would've been the sensible choice given he's had recent first team experience.

Glad Pollock is back fit after his injury woes though.

Chuck Berry

Since Pollock came back from injury he has been outstanding for the B team playing in a wide position (both sides).  He does looked to have bulked up a little, he certainly doesn't bounce off Lowland League defenders - when they can get near him.  Continue to give him some game time from the bench when there's the chance, for the remainder of the season.  The guy, along with Tait, is a talent.

Edited by Chuck Berry

PapaShango

Delighted this lad is back, whenever I've seen him he looks a great talent. Hopefully over his injury problems and gets a chance to kick on now. Would rather see him or Tait start on Sunday over Fraser or Grant. 

RustyRightPeg
31 minutes ago, kila said:

Bit of a strange sub in a derby we should be trying to win. Thought Tait would've been the sensible choice given he's had recent first team experience.

Glad Pollock is back fit after his injury woes though.

Pollock is much more attacking minded than Tait though, kinda contradicted yourself there.

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Pollock is much more attacking minded than Tait though, kinda contradicted yourself there.

While that may be true, he's nog long back from injury and getting up to speed again with the first team. Don't think a derby is the right game for that 🤷‍♂️

Tait's recent experiences would've made more sense to me, given the way the game was going in midfield.

Edited by kila

brawlad74

Good to see him back. He'll get more chances to play in midfield as Hoff apart we have no other guaranteed starters. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yip.

Having seen bits of the B team the last couple of seasons, Pollock has always been more advanced than Tait. Think both have big potential. I'd have started Tait in the Fraser role last night, playing these passes and beyond the front man. 

Pollock from when I've seen him, carries a goal threat in the final third and is a lovely technical player yo boot

Go for it 1308
4 hours ago, Rods said:

Better than Fraser and should be getting more game time.

Anyone is better than Fraser mate. I'm chuffed for Pollock tho

RustyRightPeg
44 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

Having seen bits of the B team the last couple of seasons, Pollock has always been more advanced than Tait. Think both have big potential. I'd have started Tait in the Fraser role last night, playing these passes and beyond the front man. 

Pollock from when I've seen him, carries a goal threat in the final third and is a lovely technical player yo boot

You'd have started Tait, who hasn't played a single minute of football at right midfield (at any level), at right midfield?

3 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Agree.  Think it’s been discussed across other thread.  Tait’s ability to move the ball quick and see passes would’ve been a more positive move if you consider Pollock hasn’t had any game time previously and Tait has.  

Anyway, good to see Pollock back.  Really liked the look of him when he was first coming through.  Like Tait, looks an intelligent footballer. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Debut 4 said:

Agree.  Think it’s been discussed across other thread.  Tait’s ability to move the ball quick and see passes would’ve been a more positive move if you consider Pollock hasn’t had any game time previously and Tait has.  

Anyway, good to see Pollock back.  Really liked the look of him when he was first coming through.  Like Tait, looks an intelligent footballer. 

Once Sunday is out the way, I'd have them both competing for regular minutes.

A really exciting prospect. I also think his physique is a big advantage. A question for the guys who have watched him regularly. Where do we think his best position is. Hoping it’s going to be a box to box type midfielder??

RustyRightPeg
32 minutes ago, Jam bog said:

A really exciting prospect. I also think his physique is a big advantage. A question for the guys who have watched him regularly. Where do we think his best position is. Hoping it’s going to be a box to box type midfielder??

Think he has the ability to play anywhere across the 3 behind Shankland. 

12 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Think he has the ability to play anywhere across the 3 behind Shankland. 

IMO thats our weakest area of the pitch. Hopefully he can stake a claim. 

Ex member of the SaS
6 minutes ago, OTT said:

IMO thats our weakest area of the pitch. Hopefully he can stake a claim. 

Our weakest area is RB.

Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

Our weakest area is RB.

RB isn't great, but Dexter and Atkinson are good enough for 8/11 teams IMO. 

Our attacking play is ****ing dreadful. Slow and overly reliant on one player pulling a rabbit out the hat nigh on every week. 

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, OTT said:

RB isn't great, but Dexter and Atkinson are good enough for 8/11 teams IMO. 

Our attacking play is ****ing dreadful. Slow and overly reliant on one player pulling a rabbit out the hat nigh on every week. 

No argument about our attacking and slow play ( been moaning all season about tippy tappy crap ) but Natty is not a defender, good going forward but never a defender. Dexter too is good going forward but I have not seen enough of his defending to make a judgement.

superjack
6 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Looks like he has bulked up a bit.   Hope he can kick on.

That's the first thing I noticed when he came on. Always felt he was a touch lightweight previously, glad to see puberty has finally started with him now!

6 hours ago, Rods said:

Better than Fraser and should be getting more game time.

Everyone is better than Fraser. 

Bongo 1874
6 hours ago, Prehen said:

Totally agree,would Like too see him playing in a midfield three.

The problem Nieuwenhof I thought was outstanding last night,

A midfield three of him and tait on the left side him on the right.

And having a general sitter behind them could be very tasty.

Edited by Bongo 1874

David McCaig
5 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

A midfield 3 of Tait, Pollock and the Hoff is something I would love to see before the season ends.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Looking forward to seeing Pollock, Tait and Denholm becoming more involved but would like to grind out a couple more wins first 

Important part of the next 6 weeks to the split, get it done early and get these guys vital minutes

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Important part of the next 6 weeks to the split, get it done early and get these guys vital minutes

100%.

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Do you actually know that we have such players ready to be blooded in the first team, or do you just want to see us lob someone in there regardless of whether they're ready for it, or good enough? 

4 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Once Sunday is out the way, I'd have them both competing for regular minutes.

👍🏻

pettigrewsstylist

Hope he gets plenty once we seal 3rd. Him and Dhanda with Hoff and Tait behind them might work next season.

5 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

You'd have started Tait, who hasn't played a single minute of football at right midfield (at any level), at right midfield?

If you were playing a tight 3 I'd have played him at the base and cammy and the hoff getting beyond. Tait is very good at playing these 1-2s and getting the ball forward. 

Not sure an opinion requires a sarky response 🤔 

RustyRightPeg
40 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

If you were playing a tight 3 I'd have played him at the base and cammy and the hoff getting beyond. Tait is very good at playing these 1-2s and getting the ball forward. 

Not sure an opinion requires a sarky response 🤔 

Fraser started right midfield last night? You said you’d have started Tait in the Fraser role. I was making sure you weren’t stating that. 

17 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Fraser started right midfield last night? You said you’d have started Tait in the Fraser role. I was making sure you weren’t stating that. 

Why did you have to make sure? Strange