Cochrane going into midfield

Gorgiewave

Gorgiewave

I first noticed it at the last derby. What is the point of this tactic? Has any good ever come of it?

12 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

I first noticed it at the last derby. What is the point of this tactic? Has any good ever come of it?

It’s the modern thing to do, inverted full backs are all the rage. Pep and Ange do it. But agree doesn't seem to be to effective for us. 

Pasquale for King

We really needed to stretch them out wide tonight but with both full backs going inside and two wide guys coming in too onto their better foot we were trying to play through an extremely congested midfield, nobody was forcing them back so the back 4 squeezed up also. 

1 minute ago, DB-14 said:

The whole formation and set up was incorrect from the first whistle.

It was and not for the first time recently. 

I’ve said this before, I know a lot don’t agree but I think it’s similar to the Scotland problem of trying to wedge Tierney and Robertson into the team. Trying to squeeze in two left backs is a problem. I never think they look comfortable, the lead up to the Hibs goal started with them before Kent joined in. Kingsley is ok at CB but is better at LB. They are both good players but maybe it’s better to have one starting and the other one on the bench.

This is a result of the midfield not being good enough IMO. To many similar types in there . We need an overhaul in the summer 

It was fine yesterday. We were trying to keep them penned in and he gave us an extra man there and it cleared the way to get Kingsley further forward and get some crosses in. 

47 minutes ago, fila said:

This is a result of the midfield not being good enough IMO. To many similar types in there . We need an overhaul in the summer 

This. He's put in there to add some grit to a midfield that is extremely weak. We need way more physicality in there going into next season. (especially with European football on the menu as well)

Followed closely by a right back and some attacking players with at least a little bit of consistency.

I think we need to stop trying to fit Kingsley and Cochrane into the same team. Kingsley is a better LB and far more effective there than CB. Cochrane has been quite poor for a few weeks now and possibly needs benched.

RustyRightPeg

Yes. It creates an extra man for us in there and leaves Forrest 1v1 on the outside. 

Uncle Buck
9 hours ago, Philstampscleaner said:

Not a bad player but cannot cross for love nor money wherever he plays 

Shankland’s goal at Ibrox, Shankland’s goal at Pittodrie and Shankland’s goal at home to St Mirren all came from a Cochrane cross. That’s just off the top of my head. You’re just making stuff up.