Ratings v Bournemouth vermin

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Clark - 7 - That save in first half injury time basically made sure we had a point

Kent - 7 - Horrendous mistake for their goal but compensated for it with his second half performance

Kingsley - 6 - Solid but needed to be more physical

Atkinson - 5 - Made some good challenges, then gave it away in horrendous areas. So frustrating

Cochrane - 5 - Off the boil

Devlin - 6 - Battled hard but basic control of the ball and passing would help him immensely

Fraser - 4 - Passenger

Nieuwenhof - 7 - MoM. Continued his good run of form

Shankland - 6 - Coolness personified at the penalty and almost scored goal of the season but his link up play and touch was awful

Vargas - 6 - Scrapped but his finishing was awful

Forrest - 7 - Our best attacking threat

Subs:

Baningime - 4 - Better than Fraser but still sub-par

Grant - 4 - Couple of nice passes to set up attacks

Rowles - 1 - No time

Pollock - 1 - No time

Madjambo21

Shankland was a 7 for me.

Agree with Fraser though, not sure what his best position is or if he makes the grade at Hearts (early still)

iantjambo
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Clark - 7 - That save in first half injury time basically made sure we had a point

Kent - 7 - Horrendous mistake for their goal but compensated for it with his second half performance

Atkinson - 5 - Made some good challenges, then gave it away in horrendous areas. So frustrating

Devlin - 6 - Battled hard but basic control of the ball and passing would help him immensely

Fraser - 4 - Passenger

Shankland - 6 - Coolness personified at the penalty and almost scored goal of the season but his link up play and touch was awful

Subs:

Rowles - 1 - No time

Pollock - 1 - No time

Nothing that I would change about this.

Ricardo Quaresma

Just back

Vargas trying to burst the net, twice, was just awful

Should have came inside and opened up the angle for the first too, then blew the chance to make up for it

Disappointed; needs to get te composure fixed ASAP

spacerjoe
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Fraser - 4 - Passenger

Subs:

Rowles - 1 - No time

Pollock - 1 - No time

Agree with that except Forrest a 6. Missed so many opportunities for passes by not lifting his head.

Hoff was great today again.

Jeremy Goss

Agree with most of that

So far Fraser has been disappointing 

Celtic coming next with their tails up, need to avoid a drubbing and move on

Gundermann
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Fraser - 4 - Passenger

Subs:

Rowles - 1 - No time

Pollock - 1 - No time

A few too many 7s and 6s for me.

Fraser, Devlin and Atkinson should've been benched/ subbed early. Vargas a threat but like you say his finishing is awful. Beni was ok IMO. Kent not too hot in 2nd half either. Two horrible games for him. Hope he's not injured and back to form against Celtic. I can see them horsing us now.

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, Jeremy Goss said:

Agree with most of that

No Kent is a problem.

Jim_Duncan

Kent was unlucky. He was off balance and had to put a foot out. Laws of physics meant he was never winning that ball after it broke towards Tom Daley. 

Jeremy Goss
Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

No Kent is a problem.

Aye hope he isn’t out long term as he is vital to the run in.

The thought of Rowles and Sibbick gives me the fear. Hopefully Kingsley stays fit.

injury FC

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, Jeremy Goss said:

Aye hope he isn’t out long term as he is vital to the run in.

The thought of Rowles and Sibbick gives me the fear. Hopefully Kingsley stays fit.

injury FC

See what Kents sitrep is tomm but trying to play a back 3 on Sun ..could be long afternoon.

Clark 7

Hoff 7

Kent excellent bar the mistake for the goal so a 6. 

The rest 5 and Atkinson 4. 

Very unimpressed with Hearts tonight. 

9 minutes ago, Jeremy Goss said:

Agree with most of that

We’ll get pumped on Sunday unf. Depressing. 

SoMarkDevriesy

Clarke - 7 Saved us from a damaging defeat

Kent - 7 - Recovered admirably from his part in their goal. Bemused as to why he was kept on when Cochrane was subbed

Kingsley - 6 - Decent but looked exposed at times against the pace of Hibs front line

Atkinson - 5 - Couple of good challenges and blocks but another who lacked composure. Lack of attacking threat

Cochrane - 5 - Poor decision making and lack of composure, disappointing for a player of his ostensible quality

Devlin - 5 - battled away but unsurprisingly looked rusty

Fraser - 3 - Invisible for all intents and purposes. Surprised he remerged albeit it briefly for the 2nd half

Nieuwenhof - 7 - MoM. Bit of grit and composure that was sorely lacking. F~ew mistakes in the second half but certainly the pci of the bunch. 

Shankland - 6 - Good pen and close to a sensational second with the chip. Link up play was below his usual standard

Vargas - 5 - Some good moments but let down massively by his awful decision making and lack of composure

Forrest - 7 - Direct and dangerous - what you want from a winger. 

Subs:

Baningime -  5- Brought a bit of composure to midfield 

Grant - 3 - Slightly better than Fraser but ultimately pretty ineffective

Rowles - 1 - No time

Pollock - 1 - No time

Edited by SoMarkDevriesy
Spelling

gordiegords

Vargas showing his age tonight with those two blooters at goal, i like him but that was wild,

Hoff mom.

poor performance overall.

Australis
12 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Just back

Vargas trying to burst the net, twice, was just awful

Should have came inside and opened up the angle for the first too, then blew the chance to make up for it

Disappointed; needs to get te composure fixed ASAP

Like a rabbit in headlights when the goal opens up.

Trying to please us but he needs to settle down.

Watt-Zeefuik

Wouldn't give Kent a 7. He was back to his normal self in the second half but it wasn't just the mistake for the goal, he was all over the shop first half.

Devlin is getting pelters but it's his first start back from an extended energy and he put himself about all over the pitch and kept a toe in the game when we were looking very poor. Yeah he needs to play better but I agree with the 6. Valuable contribution tonight but Naisy clearly wants more from him.

I'd give Beni a 6. Even when you don't see exactly what he's doing, as soon as he stepped on the pitch the defence improved massively. He just organizes and shows for the ball in little ways that you don't miss until they're gone. Yes his passing wasn't the best tonight but he stepped into a gaping hole and filled it.

Atkinson did an awful lot on defence. Then he did a lot awfully in possession.

Would give Hoff an 8. Every time Hibs had a break I'd look up and there'd be one player streaking back at high speed to break up the play. Like everyone else in midfield could have passed better but he was holding us together at times.

Jamb04life

Can’t argue with initial ratings. 

We lacked composure in final third; there were several moments where shots were blocked when maybe a pass was on

Also a lack of attacking options off the bench such as Oda and McKay. Even Boyce would’ve been better in the 10 than Fraser

Despite a few stray passes, Hoff MOTM again. 

indianajones

You can't give Cochrane and Atkinson the same score. 

Atkinson was ****ing woeful and that's being polite. 

Scott Fraser anonymous too. 

Everyone else var Calem bang average. 

Gordon_1874

Only player with pass marks is nieuwenhof. Shankland scored a pen but had no decent service, Forrest tried to make things happen 2nd half at least.

Jamboross

Clark - 7 - Generally fine. One very good save bumping him up a point. Distribution not amazing.
Cochrane - 5 - Not at his best. If he's our best option for taking set pieces I'd hate to see what the rest of the teams are like. 
Atkinson - 5- Mixed bag. Defensively ok but his passing was way off for the second game running. 

Kent - 6 - Poor for their goal but fairly solid otherwise. Appreicate him being brave and trying to play on with the injury but he was clearly struggling and should have made it clear he needed to come off, that could properly have cost us. Naismith should have realsied this himself. Really hope it's not a bad one because him and Halkett both being out leaves us seriously short. 
Kingsley - 6 - Passable. 
Devlin - 6 - Good to see him back. Typical Cammy performance. 
Fraser - 3 - Wasn't overly thrilled when we signed him and have yet to see anything to change my mind. Anonymous. Would much rather Grant started and we gave Pollock more game time. 
Nieuwenhof - 8 - Once again our best player by a distance. One mistake that I can remember then sprinted the length of the pitch to recover. Some going for someone who allegedly has no pace. 
Shankland - 6 - Cracking penalty under pressure giving him an extra point. That wee dink was fantastic and deserved to go in but overall thought he was poor. 

Vargas -  5 - Lucky to win the penalty, there was contact but his theatrics were ridiculous. Did well to get into the positions he did but then showed zero composure. He'll learn, hopefully. 
Forrest - 6 - Our most consistent threat but with little end product. Tired towards the end and really needs to get his head up, a few times he just ran head first into the defender. 

Subs
Baningime - 5 - Fine. 
Grant - 5 - Again fine. Both him and Beni just generally tidy without doing anything particularly great that I can remember. 

Rowles - 5 - No time. 

Pollock - 5 - No time. 

Jamb04life

Quite telling that when we need a goal, Tagawa is nowhere to be eeen. Desperately need another striker (or two if Shanks leaves) in the summer 

Hoff was veey good but I struggle to mark tonight. How can I mark players and a management team when the entire gameplan was get our goallie to punt n have our strikers chase (his distribution was decent tbf) or get the outfield players to either kick the ball a mile high in the air then do a backward header after it.

feedthefox
9 minutes ago, SoMarkDevriesy said:

Clarke - 7 Saved us from a damaging defeat

Kent - 7 - Recovered admirably from his part in their goal. Bemused as to why he was kept on when Cochrane was subbed

Kingsley - 6 - Decent but looked exposed at times against the pace of Hibs front line

Atkinson - 5 - Couple of good challenges and blocks but another who lacked composure. Lack of attacking threat

Cochrane - 5 - Poor decision making and lack of composure, disappointing for a player of his ostensible quality

Devlin - 5 - battled away but unsurprisingly looked rusty

Fraser - 3 - Invisible for all intents and purposes. Surprised he remerged albeit it briefly for the 2nd half

Nieuwenhof - 7 - MoM. Bit of grit and composure that was sorely lacking. F~ew mistakes in the second half but certainly the pci of the bunch. 

Shankland - 6 - Good pen and close to a sensational second with the chip. Link up play was below his usual standard

Vargas - 5 - Some good moments but let down massively by his awful decision making and lack of composure

Forrest - 7 - Direct and dangerous - what you want from a winger. 

Subs:

Baningime -  5- Brought a bit of composure to midfield 

Grant - 3 - Slightly better than Fraser but ultimately pretty ineffective

Rowles - 1 - No time

Pollock - 1 - No time

Slightly better??? He was miles better, made more forward passes in 10 minutes than Fraser made in 60. Some people just can't bring themselves to give Grant any sort of credit, we played much better the last 25mins and seemed to have much more possession higher up the pitch which was down to Grant and Benni.

Sooperstar

There are no positives tonight so let's just say Atkinson was shite for the obvious reasons and Vargas ****ed it every time he had a shot on goal in the 2nd half. 

BelgeJambo

I don’t think our coaching staff got the set up right tonight.  I don’t know what the alternative is, but we didn’t look balanced at all

SoMarkDevriesy
8 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Slightly better??? He was miles better, made more forward passes in 10 minutes than Fraser made in 60. Some people just can't bring themselves to give Grant any sort of credit, we played much better the last 25mins and seemed to have much more possession higher up the pitch which was down to Grant and Benni.

Fair heckle, perhaps I was being harsh on Grant. Let’s not kid ourselves and say “we played much better” after his introduction though! We did get a bit more possession towards the end but that was down to them taking off Marcondes and replacing him with a CB. 

Edited by SoMarkDevriesy

Cochrane and Atkinson were rank rotten. Cochrane should've gone and competed against Miller at the goal. He passed the buck to Kingsley which in turn dragged Kent into difficulty. It was a dreadful goal but Cochrane needs to look at himself. Another poor big game performance. Lost aerial battle with Miller all night. 

Total shite. 

The White Cockade

Fraser has not shown anything in any of his appearances so far to prove why we signed him

No way should he be starting ahead of Grant or even Pollock

Jeremy Goss
31 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Wouldn't give Kent a 7. He was back to his normal self in the second half but it wasn't just the mistake for the goal, he was all over the shop first half.

Devlin is getting pelters but it's his first start back from an extended energy and he put himself about all over the pitch and kept a toe in the game when we were looking very poor. Yeah he needs to play better but I agree with the 6. Valuable contribution tonight but Naisy clearly wants more from him.

I'd give Beni a 6. Even when you don't see exactly what he's doing, as soon as he stepped on the pitch the defence improved massively. He just organizes and shows for the ball in little ways that you don't miss until they're gone. Yes his passing wasn't the best tonight but he stepped into a gaping hole and filled it.

Atkinson did an awful lot on defence. Then he did a lot awfully in possession.

Would give Hoff an 8. Every time Hibs had a break I'd look up and there'd be one player streaking back at high speed to break up the play. Like everyone else in midfield could have passed better but he was holding us together at times.

Agree with this especially the Beni part, made us more composed.

Robbo-Jambo
20 minutes ago, Jamb04life said:

Quite telling that when we need a goal, Tagawa is nowhere to be eeen. Desperately need another striker (or two if Shanks leaves) in the summer 

This.

God help us if Shanks gets injured.

feedthefox

I will just blurt out what I can remember during the game

Clarke - great stop but when ball is played back to him his kicking is terrible, like a 60 degree lob wedge.

Cochrane - started on left then seemed to be middle then I had no idea, why oh why does he keep taking set pieces when he can't get the ball above waist high. Seems to trundle about not doing much.

Kent - not sure he won a single header from the many corners that Hibs won in first half better in second without being that great

Kingsley - super solid as ever

Atkinson - seems to have lost his earlier season form

Devlin - did ok but is so limited when compared to Hoff

Fraser - made from a flat pack, looks wooden and offered absolutely nothing a strange choice by SN to start him but surely he's seen enough now, surely.

Hoff - outstanding especially in first half when we were under pump

Forrest - our biggest threat and on another day he might have got one of his identical shots passed the defenders, he must now be one of the first names on sheet.

Vargas - a lot to like but his head goes to dung when he has time to think about finishing, what on earth does he do at practise?? 

Shanks - great pen but thought he took too long when he had a chance in second half, being so deep gave us little chance when we had a couple of good break aways as clearly Kenny can't be relied on.

Grant - helped improve us considerably was neat and tidy with his link up which brought Forrest into game much more, not sure why he gets it tight so often we play better when he's in team.

Benni - was a big upgrade on Devlin

Rowles - not much time but kept it simple

Pollock - not sure if he touched it but good to see him in the manager's thoughts.

Clark 6 Good save but poor distribution 

Atkinson 5 Not as bad as some make out, but must be doing better.

Kingsley 6 Did ok

Kent 6 Poor for goal but did ok

Cochrane 5 Need better delivery

Devlin 5 Not great, not poor either.

Hoff 6 Good at chasing back own errors but needs to contribute more to get the ratings some give tbh, 6 was generous.

Fraser 2 How is he starting games?

Forrest 6 Tried to make things happen.

Shankland 6 Good pen, had to drop deep to make things happen as midfield posted missing.

Vargas 6 poor finishing but was always available. Ripped Fish a new one for pen.

Beni 5 Did no more than ok

Grant 4 never got involved much

Pollock 4 No time 

Rowles 4 No time

no one was close to a seven never mind an eight. No one deserving of a MotM.

Bunny Munro

Naismith very naive today.

Why he made the double change when Kent was struggling, it left us unable to take him off later.

Pollock coming on at all was a strange one, he's not been brilliant, but Tagawa was the obvious sub.

Why let Fraser back out at HT only to hook him shortly after.

Hoff man of match for me and he and Cammy were excellent in first half.  Cammy tired a bit in second half but still did his job.

Mikey1874

Agree with OP

Except Vargas 2 - does well to win the penalty but you can't miss chances like that. One at least.

And as I said on the Hearts are shit thread, he scores and this forum is very different. As per the assessments on here it becomes a much better performance with the win. 

We definitely suffered from Saturday still at the start but in the end it was a gutsy performance. 

Overall assessment - SATISFACTORY 

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Fraser - 4 - Passenger

Subs:

Rowles - 1 - No time

Pollock - 1 - No time

4 for Beni is harsh. 

he had a Velcro touch in a land of hot potatoes. 

SomethingAboutObua

Hoff 7/8 

Everyone else was disappointing but passable

Vargas - 4. ****ing pass, man.

Beni - 4. Christ man pass forward. Why he didn't leather it at the end and instead tried to pass it into the box was madness

Atkinson 3, decision making was miles off today

Fraser 2, amazed he started and amazed he stayed on at the half. How does someone that's played here not know you get no time on the ball? 

Decision to bring on Pollok (not Pollok himself) - 1. Got Tagawa on the bench, his career is made from pressing defences, got Dexter who could have run rings round Miller or their LB, got Sibbick where we could've pushed defensively poor Atkinson forward. Instead went for a 17 year old midfielder with like 5 senior appearances? Again not about Pollok himself, but why bring him on ahead of the obvious choices for a winger 

Fraser - 4 - Passenger

Subs:

Rowles - 1 - No time

Pollock - 1 - No time

Can't disagree 

Thought we needed someone willing to get their foot on the ball more. 

Fraser didn't do that nor did he battle. Offered absolutely nothing. Needed hooked at half time. 

Forest has been immense but too often cut inside and lost the ball..

Vargas just lacked maturity with the chances he gets.

Atkinson pushing into midfield and leaving his man was utterly horrific. Just was an accident waiting to happen. Listen I wanted him to start but lacked game awareness and no football intelligence shown, was our weak link all night

Fraser - 4 - Passenger

Subs:

Rowles - 1 - No time

Pollock - 1 - No time

Was Fraser playing 

1 hour ago, Madjambo21 said:

Shankland was a 7 for me.

Agree with Fraser though, not sure what his best position is or if he makes the grade at Hearts (early still)

Nope he won’t make it 

Hoff and Clark played well, Atkinson was crap and Fraser’s loan should be cancelled tomorrow. Everyone else was bang average. 

Corstorphine Jambo

Couldn’t believe Fraser came out for the second half. Him and Atkinson together on that side didn’t work.

Hoff out best player - but arguably for his breaking up of play and running power.

None of our midfield players look like they can pass a ball any sort of distance. I know he’s often public enemy number 1 on Kickback but someone like Joe Newell, can play a decent pass and has a bit of dig, would improve our midfield. But I stress, someone with his attributes - not the man himself!