Emma Caldwell

EH11_2NL

Mikey1874

Familiar Police incompetence of the time.

Decide (wrongly) who did it, then ignore every other evidence. 

BBC claiming some credit quietly. 

Fitzroy Pointon

Great sentence for that horrible beasty *******. Hopefully dies behind bars. Such

a sad story for that girl and many who were working the streets at that time. 

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Familiar Police incompetence of the time.

Decide (wrongly) who did it, then ignore every other evidence. 

BBC claiming some credit quietly. 

I listened to that podcast quite some time ago and it was excellent 👍 really without that the guy gets away with it for the rest of his life 

Lone Striker

Convicted of 32 other sexual assault charges too. 

Today's radio news had an interview with the Sunday Mail journalist (now retired)  who investigated Packer when the police had refused to consider him a suspect, and he persuaded the editor to publish a photo of Packer on the front page.    Strangely, the police then started to investigate the journalists on the basis they may have broken the law by publicising info about an active police investigation !!

His theory for why the senior investigating officer refused to treat Packer as a suspect was that they had already spent loads of money & time investigating 3 Turkish suspects and  he didn't want the bad publicity & damage to his reputation  if they "didn't get a result from it."   In other words, they may have been prepared to produce flimsy/false evidence against the Turkish guys.  I think there was a change of police personnel  at some point, and they opened a fresh investigation  around the time of the  Sam Polling interview on the BBC.

Bindy Badgy

I'm not familiar with the case. Did Packer agree to be interviewed by the BBC reporter? It seems incredibly stupid if he did. 

frankblack
58 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

I'm not familiar with the case. Did Packer agree to be interviewed by the BBC reporter? It seems incredibly stupid if he did. 

It appears he did.  Must have been told the programme was going out with or without him and arrogantly assumed he would come out looking better by being on it.

Bindy Badgy
34 minutes ago, frankblack said:

It appears he did.  Must have been told the programme was going out with or without him and arrogantly assumed he would come out looking better by being on it.

Then it's lucky he's a complete moron. Things might have turned out differently if he'd said "no comment, leave me alone".

frankblack
1 hour ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Then it's lucky he's a complete moron. Things might have turned out differently if he'd said "no comment, leave me alone".

Of course.  He is a sick ****er so fortunately he is off the streets for the foreseeable future.

Tommy Brown
6 hours ago, Bindy Badgy said:

It was his Prince Andrew moment.

Thought he was invincible.

PaddysBar
19 hours ago, Bindy Badgy said:

He didn’t agree to it. He proactively contacted the BBC and requested an interview. 

Being out of the country I haven't seen this reported but just been checking up on it. This truly looks like the cops have been almost willfully negligent in this case and that should warrant an inquiry. 

7 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

He didn’t agree to it. He proactively contacted the BBC and requested an interview. 

That’s how I read it. 
Wanted to be centre of attention all over again.