Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Jibbers

• henrysmithsgloves

• Pap

Top Posters In This Topic

Der Kaiser

Teen Titans

The whole soundtrack is pretty much perfect. 

Ok this last one is from the TV series but it's a banger!

cosanostra

I've got a fair collection of film soundtracks on vinyl. I'm mostly into 80's, Horror and Blaxploitation.

The most recent ones that I've  bought are 

The Warriors by Barry Devorzon and

Suspiria by Goblin.

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh yes !!! 

The theme music is almost as terrifying as the film.  :eek: 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Yep . 

this is great too

4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Was on telly the other week.

Aye it pops up every now and again on telly

One of those films where I always say to myself I'll just watch the start and then watch the whole thing for the hundredth time!

JudyJudyJudy

Cry every time at the end of this film . It’s beautiful . an individuals fight against conformity and authoritarianism 

Der Kaiser
48 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Same with this.

JudyJudyJudy
7 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Same with this.

It really is the creepiest film ever . The sense of menace permeates the whole film . 

10 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I've got a fair collection of film soundtracks on vinyl. I'm mostly into 80's, Horror and Blaxploitation.

The most recent ones that I've  bought are 

The Warriors by Barry Devorzon and

Suspiria by Goblin.

I've got a lot as well.

I'm guessing you've watched In Search of Darkness?

cosanostra
1 hour ago, Pap said:

I've got a lot as well.

I'm guessing you've watched In Search of Darkness?

I haven't but I will now.

Have you seen Hereditary or Drag me to Hell? They're the best horror films I've seen lately. Didn't rate the newest evil dead output.

15 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Up one from your post👍🏻

Sorry H, the pedantic point I was making is that the theme you posted isn’t from the original score. It’s from an album released by Vangelis long after the film came out. It contains music from the film but not in the original versions. I’m not sure if the original score was ever released. Point of interest, maybe, the voices of Demis Rousos and Clodagh Rodgers feature on the soundtrack, or so I’ve read. Apologies again for the pedantry. 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I haven't but I will now.

Have you seen Hereditary or Drag me to Hell? They're the best horror films I've seen lately. Didn't rate the newest evil dead output.

Love horror films but I thought Hereditary was awful . Load of nonsense . 

cosanostra
9 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Thought it was hilarious but I like the Evil Dead 2 ridiculous style of horror that's funny rather than disturbing.

26 minutes ago, Jibbers said:

Sorry H, the pedantic point I was making is that the theme you posted isn’t from the original score. It’s from an album released by Vangelis long after the film came out. It contains music from the film but not in the original versions. I’m not sure if the original score was ever released. Point of interest, maybe, the voices of Demis Rousos and Clodagh Rodgers feature on the soundtrack, or so I’ve read. Apologies again for the pedantry. 

Actually, may have been Mary Hopkin not Clodagh Rodgers.

11 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Thought it was hilarious but I like the Evil Dead 2 ridiculous style of horror that's funny rather than disturbing.

Seen them many times, mate :smile:

In Search Of Darkness is the greatest 80's horror documentary ever made. 3 parts, over 4 hours each part. I've watched them many times over an chuck them on in the background while working. I envy that you havent seen them yet. Its so well made.

Massive fan of 80's horror. Worked in a video shop for 3 years when i was 12. Money was secondary to getting free films to watch.

:sweeet:

henrysmithsgloves
43 minutes ago, Jibbers said:

🤕 That's me telt😉

JudyJudyJudy
42 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Actually it was hilarious as it was that bad ! Wtf was it actually about ? 

JudyJudyJudy
24 minutes ago, Pap said:

In Search Of Darkness is the greatest 80's horror documentary ever made. 3 parts, over 4 hours each part. I've watched them many times over an chuck them on in the background while working. I envy that you havent seen them yet. Its so well made.

Massive fan of 80's horror. Worked in a video shop for 3 years when i was 12. Money was secondary to getting free films to watch.

Yes i recall getting my hands on “ video nasties “ !! “ driller killer “ “ I spit on your grave “ evil dead “ ( the best ) and the. Crazy “ basket case “ 😂

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

🤕 That's me telt😉

Oh if anyone is to be ‘ telt off “ you will def get it on this Henry ! I’ve been telt off many a time 

cosanostra
54 minutes ago, Pap said:

I'll watch it as soon as I'm able.

Rock and Roll and Bone Tomahawk are two I've seen recently. Loved R&R in the 80s as a kid. Ridiculous but I never forgot about Sammy Curr.

30 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Actually it was hilarious as it was that bad ! Wtf was it actually about ? 

Intergenerational demonic curse I guess. 🤷‍♂️ It doesn't really matter. One of those horror films that just bounces about from scene to scene and just does progressively more horrible things to the protagonists.

I like Basket Case. Never seen any of the sequels though.

2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Took my second/third viewing to appreciate it.

Drag Me To Hell is excellent. She's going to wish that train hit her at the end :laugh:

Also, co-starring the ever reliable Justin Long, i recommend Barbarian. Though it runs out of steam (imo) at the end, the build up is excellent.

henrysmithsgloves
2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh if anyone is to be ‘ telt off “ you will def get it on this Henry ! I’ve been telt off many a time 

Water,ducks back😁

And I know this isn't a movie 'theme' but the score from the movie Drive is just fantastic.

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Jibbers said:

Another great theme by John Carpenter. 

Did he write the Halloween theme ? 

He did. He wrote the music for most of his films, including Escape from New York which is a great score. He mostly concentrates on his music now including touring live. Unfortunately I’ve never seen his live performances but a lot of it is on YouTube.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Jibbers said:

He did. He wrote the music for most of his films, including Escape from New York which is a great score. He mostly concentrates on his music now including touring live. Unfortunately I’ve never seen his live performances but a lot of it is on YouTube.

Well I never knew that . He is a brilliant director and can turn his hand to any genre . Has not had the acclaim he rightly deserves . “ The Thing” is incredible . The music in that was terrific too . I suppose he wrote that ? 

Actually Ennio Morricone did the music for the Thing but it’s very like Carpenter in parts.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Jibbers said:

Actually Ennio Morricone did the music for the Thing but it’s very like Carpenter in parts.

Again I never knew that. 

Not sure if posted already as I’m having trouble viewing the first page. Classic Bernstein.