House Spiders

Scott Monument

henrysmithsgloves

Glad I have a cat and dog to dispense of the critters 🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️

Probably because house spiders are not active during winter. Mostly active in the summer/autumn months? 

Generally, they give us a wide birth, it's the wee nippy/bitey kritters that I have issues with. The house spiders do us a favour by limiting the numbers of the wee nippy/bitey things...Mon the spiders...👏🏻

hmfc_liam06
10 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Probably because house spiders are not active during winter. Mostly active in the summer/autumn months? 

Autumn usually.

"Sightings increase this time of year due to the fact that males are on the move looking to find a mate. This is especially the case with male house spiders, as they won't survive the winter, so are actively seeking a female to mate with before they die."

If carlsberg did rivals...
12 hours ago, Scott Monument said:

Has anyone else noticed that the home spider hasn’t been seen much this winter

I've seen a fair few, they don't bother me and I don't bother them, we get on famously!

AlimOzturk

My cat deals with the spiders but generally they are welcome by myself. Never been feared of them. 

29 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Don't think I've seen a decent sized spider since I moved house 2 and a half years ago. 

Spiders don't like damp rot, just saying, likes...:wink:

henrysmithsgloves
2 hours ago, OBE said:

Generally, they give us a wide birth, it's the wee nippy/bitey kritters that I have issues with. The house spiders do us a favour by limiting the numbers of the wee nippy/bitey things...Mon the spiders...👏🏻

What! They eat the grandkids 😎

54 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

What! They eat the grandkids 😎

Wouldn't know, no got any yet, Daughter & Son not obliged yet, why would they, having too much fun? Would love a couple of Grandkids...very lucky to have everything else, they would be our icing...🤞🏻. Sorry for slipping off topic.

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, OBE said:

Wouldn't know, no got any yet, Daughter & Son not obliged yet, why would they, having too much fun? Would love a couple of Grandkids...very lucky to have everything else, they would be our icing...🤞🏻. Sorry for slipping off topic.

😂👍🏻