Don’t let it Fester

sjh1874

Months of good work doesn’t become undone after one defeat. Don’t let it Fester.

Allow it to motivate and build another good run of results. Crap start yesterday then we start to get some traction then Rowles has a brain fart and the rest is history.

We have given ourselves a fantastic platform and must now dust ourselves down, lick the wounds and get back on the winning trail.

Nowt better than a derby to get back in the game. I’m sure training will be feisty and lots of hurt egos looking to right a few wrongs.

Oh and Naisy rightly or not you now have the opportunity to drop the goalkeeper, not really looking to point at Zander too much but any keeper shipping five would feel the heat. Make that change now. 

Robbo-Jambo

Yip, now is the time to get Gordon back in.

Don't think he will though.

I've already moved on. Followed Hearts long enough not to let a defeat to rangers irk me too much. 

3 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Yip, now is the time to get Gordon back in.

Don't think he will though.

Tough call to make for SN, Clark didn’t have a nightmare yesterday although I thought he could have saved at least two of them but he did make some good saves as well. If he brings Gordon back in for such a big game and it goes tits up, he will get pelters on here for bringing him back too soon no doubt. He won’t know whether to stick or twist on this one.

44 minutes ago, Dsjambo said:

Tough call to make for SN, Clark didn’t have a nightmare yesterday although I thought he could have saved at least two of them but he did make some good saves as well. If he brings Gordon back in for such a big game and it goes tits up, he will get pelters on here for bringing him back too soon no doubt. He won’t know whether to stick or twist on this one.

To be safe throw in Harry Stone then if we concede ZC & CG are blameless 😉

Jamb04life

Spot on; I didn’t expect to get a result anyway but the manner of the defeat left a lot to be desired. Massive opportunity for players to redeem themselves on Wednesday (those who keep their place anyway..)

I’d put Gordon back in but I could see naisy waiting until 3rd is sown up before giving him a run off games. 

No Idle Talk
6 hours ago, sjh1874 said:

Months of good work doesn’t become undone after one defeat. Don’t let it Fester.

Allow it to motivate and build another good run of results. Crap start yesterday then we start to get some traction then Rowles has a brain fart and the rest is history.

We have given ourselves a fantastic platform and must now dust ourselves down, lick the wounds and get back on the winning trail.

Nowt better than a derby to get back in the game. I’m sure training will be feisty and lots of hurt egos looking to right a few wrongs.

Oh and Naisy rightly or not you now have the opportunity to drop the goalkeeper, not really looking to point at Zander too much but any keeper shipping five would feel the heat. Make that change now. 

Good post mate. 

Hibs is the perfect fixture for us to have next. Nobody needs motivating for that match and the fans will be up for it. A win on Wednesday and yesterday will be forgotten about. 

We've been on a great run and got done by an in form Rangers team. There's no point in navel gazing too much and allowing one awful result to bleed into three or four bad results. We just have to move on and get back to doing what we've been doing. 

dannymack
12 hours ago, sjh1874 said:

👏👏👏👏👏

Try implementing that into the brains of the knee jerkers who have simply forgotten about that fantastic run we've been on and could possibly and hopefully continue from Wednesday onwards. 

I was more surprised than anyone with yesterday's result especially the way we performed the last time we visited Ibrox. 

i wish jj was my dad

Excellent OP. We'll get back in thr saddle im the derby. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 hours ago, sjh1874 said:

Absolutely! Brilliant post

Agree with the OP, if we let defeats from the OF derail our season... 

Important the players shrug it off and go out on Wednesday with a point to prove. 

Hearts1975

Great thread and some real sense at last 

Well said Op. You pretty much hit the nail on the head with everything you had to say. 

Borders Jambo
3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Great thread and some real sense at last 

Well said Op. You pretty much hit the nail on the head with everything you had to say. 

Agreed although we need to assess any lessons to learn from yesterday, which I've no doubt will happen.

We don't rely on the same funding sources as either of the bigots which we all know.

In my opinion despite yesterday we are in good hands and we move forward.  Incremental steps.     

Pasquale for King

As long as we learn the lessons as we go, freshening up the team will help too, starting with Gordon. 

Go for it 1308
13 hours ago, sjh1874 said:

What a brilliant post👏 

Hearts1975
22 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

Agreed although we need to assess any lessons to learn from yesterday, which I've no doubt will happen.

We don't rely on the same funding sources as either of the bigots which we all know.

In my opinion despite yesterday we are in good hands and we move forward.  Incremental steps.     

When you gather 28 points in 30, it's easy to see that over confidence could become an issue. The management will keep the players feet on the ground, granted, but players can start to believe their own hype very quickly .... And look, to a degree, you can't blame them. 

But, your lessons learned point, which is spot on, is probably already happening. Maybe a little shock to the system is what's required here so we don't have any expectations from incoming games and  we learn that we have to fight tooth and nail, every single week to get the right result. 

The actual thing that we were doing which put us on the great run of form in the first place, and which you could maybe argue was missing the other day. 

Benny Klack

Superb OP.

The only thing I’d add is that (rightly or wrongly) Clark isn’t getting dropped off the back of that.

Clark will remain as 1st choice keeper for league games and Gordon in the cup.

This will be the case until after 3rd is seen up mathematically and it’s well after the split - Gordon may get some game time then but that also depends on how far we progress with the cup run. 

Berrassobad

Fortunately (as I see the knives are out on the versus h1b5 thread) NaIsy doesnt pick his team or drop people based on one bad performance (specifically Rowles) 1-0 or 7-0 we got fek all - fact is were on one of the best runs ever - and what a fantastic time to get back on the train at Tynie. COME ON !!!!

Chillidigits

As 5 - 0 defeats go this one is timed perfectly. Why ?  Because it's the best early reminder about what happened last season. This early wake up call means we double down from here on in starting Wednesday. The gap we have from those below us must be maintained but we have to play as if there's no gap there at all. To treat every game like a cup final and show the composure expected from the third best team in Scotland.

21 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

As 5 - 0 defeats go this one is timed perfectly. Why ?  Because it's the best early reminder about what happened last season. This early wake up call means we double down from here on in starting Wednesday. The gap we have from those below us must be maintained but we have to play as if there's no gap there at all. To treat every game like a cup final and show the composure expected from the third best team in Scotland.

I certainly hope so but it's rarely plain sailing being a Jambo

TexasAndy

Seen this movie many times.  No option but to move on.  At least we have a tasty fixture to focus on.

PortyBeach
On 25/02/2024 at 06:19, sjh1874 said:

“Months of good work doesn’t become undone after one defeat. Don’t let it Fester.”

Good point: we need to press on.

That said, the collapse at Ibrox shouldn’t be unceremoniously swept under the carpet. I’ve still to see an explanation as to why “months of good work” didn’t continue at Ibrox last Saturday.