I can see the headlines tomorrow

Jim Panzee

Jim Panzee

Football team worth 10 times more than another football team win match in “no-shock” shocker.

BackOfTheNet
7 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Regardless of budgets, we shouldn't be losing 5-0 to any Scottish club.

This is true. I’m not going to lose my head about it, but given that we were 1-0 up until the 90th minute earlier in the season and have drawn 1-1 in the two previous seasons there, it’s not unthinkable to believe we would at least be competitive.

So it’s not unexpected to get beat as such through there, so there’s not point being annoyed at getting beat - but perfectly justifiable to get annoyed/fuming at the manner of the defeat. However, this isn’t like previous humpings through there, this was at the end of a very good unbeaten run, so I’m going to give a little slack, while still being pissed.

'Broken Hearts in Glasgow'

'Shankland says: 'Please free me from my Tynecastle hell'

'One defeat in 12 casts doubt on Hearts 3rd place ambitions despite still being 11 points clear of Killie '

PortyBeach
24 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Totally agree. Well said.

Gordon Ramsay
29 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Correct.

Jim Panzee
26 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

We tend not to. When we play teams outwith the arse cheeks with a value the same or a bit less than us, we do well.

Jim Panzee
16 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Correct.

lol.

On average you expect a player bought £300k to best a player bought for £3M

Bull's-eye

"Naismith under massive pressure from the zoomers in the Hearts online support" club insider quoted as saying "loooose on Wednesday and he's ooooot".

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

Correct.

It is simply not good enough.

Plenty Hearts teams in the past have competed far far better that we have over last 2 or 3 years v old frim. Those teams in the past were playing against old firm teams way better than the ones of today. This whole totally dismissive attitude of our support that games v old fim are one off who give a shit games are exactly why we are now where we are. Yes we got some beatings in the past but more or not we actually competed in the games. We want to be any better that we are, we need to get shot of this mickey mouse mentality.

Silvery_Moon

Aberdeen lost 2-1 and Ross County 3-1  at Ibrox recently. 5-0 and miles off it for us - we are right to expect more.

Edited by Silvery_Moon

Jim Panzee
3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Correct.

It is simply not good enough.

No. It’s incorrect.

how many times do you think Luton or Burnley on average would beat Liverpool  or Man City?

how many times on average would they lose 5-0?

2 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Plenty Hearts teams in the past have competed far far better that we have over last 2 or 3 years v old frim. Those teams in the past were playing against old firm teams way better than the ones of today. This whole totally dismissive attitude of our support that games v old fim are one off who give a shit games are exactly why we are now where we are. Yes we got some beatings in the past but more or not we actually competed in the games. We want to be any better that we are, we need to get shot of this mickey mouse mentality.

And that's with the top goal scorer.

39 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

We tend not to. When we play teams outwith the arse cheeks with a value the same or a bit less than us, we do well.

Eh? Our recent record against Celtic is nothing short of disgraceful. We've lost by more than two or three goals on numerous occasions. And we haven't won at Ibrox in 16 attempts. 

Edited by Sir PH

Greedy Jambo

The headlines will be all about Rangers and Celtic.

We'll be forgotten about, thankfully. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

colinmorewasgash

Sore one today, but I always feel if they have point to prove, maybe wrongly that they raise their game v us esp if we are in good vain of form ourselves just to put us back in our box tims as well.

11 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

We’re in a very good spot right now, top four three seasons in a row is well above what we’re used to and to go unbeaten for as long as we did was also a welcome change. I think your idea of where we should be right now doesn’t really take into account the journey that we’ve been on. Our expectations are now to consistently finish third which is new territory for us. We need to close the gap between us and 2nd year on year by beating everyone else and improving on performances against the old firm. 

And yes, today obviously wasn’t good enough 

Edited by BigAlim

Jim Panzee
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

Eh? Our recent record against Celtic is nothing short of disgraceful. We've lost by more than two or three goals on numerous occasions. And we haven't won at Ibrox in 16 attempts. 

Erm. Sure I wrote that when we play teams with a value the same as ours or a bit less we win / do well.

when we play teams with a squad value 10x more than ours - I.e. the ugly sisters we don’t do well.

apologies if I didn’t post this

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

Football team worth 10 times more than another football team win match in “no-shock” shocker.

It's more than that I'd think 

Gordon Ramsay
30 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

lol.

On average you expect a player bought £300k to best a player bought for £3M

I didn't say that.

I do expect a player worth £300k to be able to at least compete with a player worth £3m though.

Ayr United put up a better fight than us.

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This is true. I’m not going to lose my head about it, but given that we were 1-0 up until the 90th minute earlier in the season and have drawn 1-1 in the two previous seasons there, it’s not unthinkable to believe we would at least be competitive.

So it’s not unexpected to get beat as such through there, so there’s not point being annoyed at getting beat - but perfectly justifiable to get annoyed/fuming at the manner of the defeat. However, this isn’t like previous humpings through there, this was at the end of a very good unbeaten run, so I’m going to give a little slack, while still being pissed.

Freak results happen. That said we seem to have a freak result against them every season.

Jim Panzee
5 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

I didn't say that.

I do expect a player worth £300k to be able to at least compete with a player worth £3m though.

Ayr United put up a better fight than us.

How often? And did they win?

extrapolate that four games a season over 20 seasons and…?

Ask yourself why the arse cheeks don’t buy players for £300k year in year out.

5 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Huge clear out required 

I agree. Who's going to be the first kickback contributor to volunteer?

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Our record at Parkhead and Ibrox is shameful. There have been decent performances here and there but in reality they're few and far between. 

Teams with far lesser budgets in this league have served up greater resistance than we showed today. Concession of an early goal is frequently a feature of us against the OF. It happens far too often. 

I believe Naismith has demonstrated far greater in game management than we witnessed under Levein and Neilson. But the number of times even in the good run that preceded today's debacle where we've started with a back 3 and had to shelve it at some point is frankly too regular to routinely dismiss. 

Jim Panzee
10 minutes ago, JohnB said:

I agree. Who's going to be the first kickback contributor to volunteer?

Get rid of the manager and all the players….who gave us a huge winning run. 

simples

Kirky Jambo

The headlines will be about Rangers, in fact you will probably see more Celtic reaction to this result this than Hearts.

not much to say anyway, they were good, we were bad, 5-0 probably a bit harsh but well beaten by a much better side.

Hibs is a huge game and before today I’d have taken a 5-0 defeat if we beat Hibs 

Simply not good enough , and exposing the quality of some of our player . I’m not a big fan of Rowles or Atkinson , and also not in the Beni is some sort of midfiled wonder camp ! We are starting to build some belief however for me we are still short old quality in certain positions.

was also going to be difficult today, Rangers are on a roll and were looking strong beforehand and simply we didn’t turn again 

31 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Erm. Sure I wrote that when we play teams with a value the same as ours or a bit less we win / do well.

when we play teams with a squad value 10x more than ours - I.e. the ugly sisters we don’t do well.

apologies if I didn’t post this

You're still not grasping it. We lose heavily on a regular basis when we play the Old Firm. We know we will lose a lot more than we win against them, that's expected. But regular drubbings by three, four and five goals, are not.

Jim Panzee
9 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

You're still not grasping it. We lose heavily on a regular basis when we play the Old Firm. We know we will lose a lot more than we win against them, that's expected. But regular drubbings by three, four and five goals, are not.

You’re not grasping it.

a team worth 10 x another team will on average beat other teams worth less.

I say again, why don’t the uglies save millions upon millions year on year by buying players for free or £100 - £200k each year?

Robbo-Jambo
53 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

No. It’s incorrect.

how many times do you think Luton or Burnley on average would beat Liverpool  or Man City?

how many times on average would they lose 5-0?

I am sorry, today was an embarrassment, dress it up how you like.

Robbo-Jambo
12 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Exactly.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Teddy Bears pic nic on Jam Tarts 

I'll get ma coat 

Flair H1b5 in Dundee Hammering 

Edited by Howdy Doody Jambo

BackOfTheNet
27 minutes ago, Carter said:

Our record at Parkhead and Ibrox is shameful. There have been decent performances here and there but in reality they're few and far between. 

Teams with far lesser budgets in this league have served up greater resistance than we showed today. Concession of an early goal is frequently a feature of us against the OF. It happens far too often. 

I believe Naismith has demonstrated far greater in game management than we witnessed under Levein and Neilson. But the number of times even in the good run that preceded today's debacle where we've started with a back 3 and had to shelve it at some point is frankly too regular to routinely dismiss. 

Agreed. Back 3 has its merits, but all it does against better sides is provide a target of space for them to play through. Like a wall allows a free kick taker to find their angle, a back three allows a possession based team channels to run through and pass through. Coupled with the fact we have defenders guilty of ball watching, it’s asking for trouble really.

Jim Panzee
5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I am sorry, today was an embarrassment, dress it up how you like.

You’re not answering my questions.

if you do, I don’t  think you’d like the answer

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Philfigo said:

Well said 

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Spot on

35 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

👍

23 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

You’re not grasping it.

a team worth 10 x another team will on average beat other teams worth less.

I say again, why don’t the uglies save millions upon millions year on year by buying players for free or £100 - £200k each year?

Jeezo, are you intentionally missing the point? I know they have a far superior budget and will beat us a lot more often than we beat them. What I can't accept is getting pumped by umpteen goals on a regular basis. Can you explain why the likes of Kilmarnock (with a lot less money than us) give the Old Firm a decent game and even beat them regularly, when we don't? 

2 hours ago, Sir PH said:

This. I don't understand how teams like kilmarnock, Aberdeen or St mirren can take points off thr big 2 or at least give them a game but all too often we get pumped. Is it because they see us as a threat and have to be at the top of their game? Then they think the can beat the others in 3rd gear and occasionally come unstuck? 

Gordon Ramsay
10 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Jeezo, are you intentionally missing the point? I know they have a far superior budget and will beat us a lot more often than we beat them. What I can't accept is getting pumped by umpteen goals on a regular basis. Can you explain why the likes of Kilmarnock (with a lot less money than us) give the Old Firm a decent game and even beat them regularly, when we don't? 

Jim Panzee has the brain of a 🐵

2 hours ago, Sir PH said:

So should other team lose to us 5-0 when there budget is closer to us than us to rangers