Laszlo the disciplinarian.........GOOD!!

Fife jambo

Karipidis believes Laszlo is putting the building blocks in place for a successful season.

"The new manager told us right away that he wants discipline in the team and that is very important," he said. "The discipline starts with something simple but very important, like time-keeping.

"For instance, if he says we start training at 9.45 then we must start then. And when he says we must do something on the pitch, we must do exactly what he says ? if we don't do it then maybe we will have problems."

Karipidis believes Laszlo is putting the building blocks in place for a successful season.

"The new manager told us right away that he wants discipline in the team and that is very important," he said. "The discipline starts with something simple but very important, like time-keeping.

"For instance, if he says we start training at 9.45 then we must start then. And when he says we must do something on the pitch, we must do exactly what he says ? if we don't do it then maybe we will have problems."

So Shaggy wasn't a disciplinarian then ? Did Shaggy just allow players to turn up when they felt like it (apart from match days obviously , when nobody seemed to turn up) ?

Who cares what Karipidis thinks : I'm only interested in results. What's the point of this 'story' ?

"For instance, if he says we start training at 9.45 then we must start then. And when he says we must do something on the pitch, we must do exactly what he says – if we don't do it then maybe we will have problems."

Karipidis's days are numbered then, lazy wage thief mod edit

Yep.

As long as no-one prevents it being invoked.

from what i heard, albeit through a third party (or more), a lot of that stemmed from jankauskus acting billy big boots, who thought he was above being disciplined.

not sure how true that was, and it was a while ago, but a few people seemed to (apparently) follow his lead and think they were above it

chester copperpot
from what i heard, albeit through a third party (or more), a lot of that stemmed from jankauskus acting billy big boots, who thought he was above being disciplined.

not sure how true that was, and it was a while ago, but a few people seemed to (apparently) follow his lead and think they were above it

Including Velicka, so I heard. He was a bit of an arse, which has been proven by the fact he's joined RFC. Just IMO though.

Not being funny but where did you here this? i'm guessing your answer will be vague, and aslo i just realised you were being vague and i should shut up and pretty much agree with you.

so the point is i had a little word with Krapidis and co in belfast and they really think that csaba will change it as he comes across as a total control freak who would take no crap, having met him him his first words were we have 63 players i need to shhorten that?

i love csaba:)

Denny Crane
So Shaggy wasn't a disciplinarian then ? Did Shaggy just allow players to turn up when they felt like it (apart from match days obviously , when nobody seemed to turn up) ?

Who cares what Karipidis thinks : I'm only interested in results. What's the point of this 'story' ?

The point being that Lazslo is addressing one of many reasons why we were rubbish last season.

What a pointless response.

exactly the way it should be!!!!!!!! if you start your work at 9 your boss dosnt mean 9ish he means fegen 9 or you will not be long in the job!!

should be the same for footballers, this guy keeps goin up in my estimations!

on the csaba!:):):)

John Findlay

No Shaggy was not a disciplinarian. You cant be the boss and the players best mate at the sametime. That is the road to being treated with contempt.

John

I care what he thinks.

portobellojambo1
exactly the way it should be!!!!!!!! if you start your work at 9 your boss dosnt mean 9ish he means fegen 9 or you will not be long in the job!!

should be the same for footballers, this guy keeps goin up in my estimations!

on the csaba!:):):)

Agree totally.

It is not just a case of him instilling discipline, it is a case of the players showing respect to the club, and doing what they are being asked to do.

There were stories floating about that players were turning up late, using phones etc once in their place of work. They have to learn that football is their job, show respect for their employer, if they are told "be here by this time, and be ready to start grafting" nothing wrong with that.

Certainly know from speaking to a couple of girls at work who are going out with a couple of the Hearts players that they appreciate what he (Laszlo) is doing. As CornhillHearts says above he seems to be doubling up on the training sessions and the youngsters have commented on this favourably. Although one did say whereas he used to be back home by around 14:00 in the afternoon (having got up at 09:00) he is now not getting home until nearer 18:00. As his girlfriend said to him "that is how some of us operate every day of our lives".

Hopefully as well as instilling discipline it will make them appreciate exactly what they have in life as a footballer, which can only be of benefit as well.

Agree totally.

It is not just a case of him instilling discipline, it is a case of the players showing respect to the club, and doing what they are being asked to do.

There were stories floating about that players were turning up late, using phones etc once in their place of work. They have to learn that football is their job, show respect for their employer, if they are told "be here by this time, and be ready to start grafting" nothing wrong with that.

Certainly know from speaking to a couple of girls at work who are going out with a couple of the Hearts players that they appreciate what he (Laszlo) is doing. As CornhillHearts says above he seems to be doubling up on the training sessions and the youngsters have commented on this favourably. Although one did say whereas he used to be back home by around 14:00 in the afternoon (having got up at 09:00) he is now not getting home until nearer 18:00. As his girlfriend said to him "that is how some of us operate every day of our lives".

Hopefully as well as instilling discipline it will make them appreciate exactly what they have in life as a footballer, which can only be of benefit as well.

Spot on mate

jamboinglasgow

I think the difference between Csaba and Shaggy can be summed up by the movie master and commander. In it one of the young officers commits sucide after losing any control over his men. At one point Russel Crowes character Captain 'lucky' Jack speaks to the officer about what a real leader of these people should be. THe officer claims he tries to be the mens friend but they just dont respect or listen to him. Lucky Jack says that you must be stern with the men be fair but quick to punish when they do wrong. THe men also respect the captain as what he has done before and he tries hard for them.

For me that film shows a Shaggy character (though he wasn't in charge of the boat) and a Csaba character.

'shaggy' wasnt, infact thats obvious by the fact he even allowed them to call him 'shaggy' when talking to the press etc. A total lack of respect and the obvious lack of discipline was a big contributer to how crap we have been!.

Gigolo-Aunt

Its the little things that are important when running the football side of things.

You get the basics right, and all these little things will make the difference come 3pm on a Saturday.

I find the new man's approach tottaly refreshing from what we have been served in recent times.

colinmaroon
I think the difference between Csaba and Shaggy can be summed up by the movie master and commander. In it one of the young officers commits sucide after losing any control over his men. At one point Russel Crowes character Captain 'lucky' Jack speaks to the officer about what a real leader of these people should be. THe officer claims he tries to be the mens friend but they just dont respect or listen to him. Lucky Jack says that you must be stern with the men be fair but quick to punish when they do wrong. THe men also respect the captain as what he has done before and he tries hard for them.

For me that film shows a Shaggy character (though he wasn't in charge of the boat) and a Csaba character.

A good and apt analogy!!!

No Shaggy was not a disciplinarian. You cant be the boss and the players best mate at the sametime. That is the road to being treated with contempt.

John

shaggy was in an impossible position. as caretaker manager he knew there could be a chance that he'd go back to being a coach (and the players friend) when a new manager was appointed. if he was to fall out with players over discipline he'd probably burn his bridges with certain individuals which would make working with them difficult. if shaggy had been made manager he'd most likely would of came down hard any indiscipline, but we'll never know.

Gigolo-Aunt
shaggy was in an impossible position. as caretaker manager he knew there could be a chance that he'd go back to being a coach (and the players friend) when a new manager was appointed. if he was to fall out with players over discipline he'd probably burn his bridges with certain individuals which would make working with them difficult. if shaggy had been made manager he'd most likely would of came down hard any indiscipline, but we'll never know.

If Frail never tried to sort out the discipline due to wanting to keep the players on side, he was part of the problem as well.

I actually think he did try to sort the problems out, problem was he never installed fear in them as he was knows as "shaggy" to the players - the bigger personaities in changig rooms IMO will chew that **** and spit it out.

Just my opinion like.

cashgenerator

"Is it better to be loved or feared? That's a good question. It's great to be both, but it's very difficult. But if I had my choice, I would rather be feared. Fear lasts longer than love.

Friendships bought with money mean nothing. You see how it is. I make a joke, everybody laughs. I'm funny, but not that funny. Fear keeps them loyal to me. The trick is not being hated. I treat my men good. But if I give too much, I'm not needed. I give just enough where they need me but don't hate me.

Remember what I'm telling you."

Quote from some ganster film, can't remember which one, maybe applies to Shaggy, and reflects the new manager's alternative approach?

Yep thats what I was told ,that was just one of the reason's Elvis made his feelings known it "that" statement.

I was told that a good few of the eastern europeans would swan in and out almost as they pleased and wouldn't pay fines handed out in the changing room(all the cash taken in would go to charity),mobile phone's were common place on the training ground,and a complete lack of respect towards the good name of Heart of Midlothian Football Club was always a bug bearer as well.

Yep thats what I was told ,that was just one of the reason's Elvis made his feelings known it "that" statement.

I was told that a good few of the eastern europeans would swan in and out almost as they pleased and wouldn't pay fines handed out in the changing room(all the cash taken in would go to charity),mobile phone's were common place on the training ground,and a complete lack of respect towards the good name of Heart of Midlothian Football Club was always a bug bearer as well.

Hmmmm: well there should be no more of that now, hopefully.

Look at some of the great teams/managers over the years: the managers were always instrumental in the success enjoyed by the likes of Celtic (Jock Stein), Leed utd (Don Revie), Brian Clough (Nottingham Forest) and dare I say it, Walter Smith, who has instilled a new belief at Ibrox by ensuring EVERYONE knows who is boss. We need some of this mentality: I'm not talking about a Souness, who was hard, but too ruthless, I'm talking RESPECT. Let's hope our new guy can show how it's done. Remember NO ONE is bigger than the club!!!

Hmmmm: well there should be no more of that now, hopefully.

Look at some of the great teams/managers over the years: the managers were always instrumental in the success enjoyed by the likes of Celtic (Jock Stein), Leed utd (Don Revie), Brian Clough (Nottingham Forest) and dare I say it, Walter Smith, who has instilled a new belief at Ibrox by ensuring EVERYONE knows who is boss. We need some of this mentality: I'm not talking about a Souness, who was hard, but too ruthless, I'm talking RESPECT. Let's hope our new guy can show how it's done. Remember NO ONE is bigger than the club!!!

If he is allowed.

If he is allowed.

Aye yer spot on there Rudi lad!!! Can't honestly see this big guy taking any schecht though! I hear he sent wee Robbo a dry cleaning bill for his trousers!!!!

Aye yer spot on there Rudi lad!!! Can't honestly see this big guy taking any schecht though! I hear he sent wee Robbo a dry cleaning bill for his trousers!!!!

Is that because he shet himself at the prospect of having to fight the wee man.;)

Is that because he shet himself at the prospect of having to fight the wee man.;)

Heh heh heh!! Quality Rudi!!! I'll tell ye something..... I'm 20 odd stane, and I widnae gie the wee man a square go !!!!!!!!!! :)

Archived