A View From The Terrace

jonnyinfo

jonnyinfo

First time I've properly watched this show, it's a good laugh!! Surely these guys are the future and should be taking over from some of the dinosaurs on the BBC 🤞🏻

I've tried really hard to like this show but I must say I find the banter between the panelists rather tiresome and I also find the show lacks structure - it all seems rather random.

51 minutes ago, stirlo said:

I've tried really hard to like this show but I must say I find the banter between the panelists rather tiresome and I also find the show lacks structure - it all seems rather random.

This. The ‘banter’ is all too contrived and stilted 🥴

8 hours ago, jonnyinfo said:

First time I've properly watched this show, it's a good laugh!! Surely these guys are the future and should be taking over from some of the dinosaurs on the BBC 🤞🏻

I watched it right through for the first time last night too and it did make me laugh a good few times 👍 

refreshing that it’s not all about sucking up to the ugly sisters and it also helps that one presenter is a jambo! 

john thomas
30 minutes ago, Threebs said:

This. The ‘banter’ is all too contrived and stilted 🥴

Schoolboy pish

braveheart
22 minutes ago, FJT said:

I watched it right through for the first time last night too and it did make me laugh a good few times 👍 

refreshing that it’s not all about sucking up to the ugly sisters and it also helps that one presenter is a jambo! 

Robert borthwick and Joel sked are both jambos . another regular presenter not on last night is also a hearts fan.

LarrysRightFoot

The live shows are meant to be better. I’m led to believe the presenters feel a bit stifled by being on TV and what they can and can’t say. 

2 hours ago, stirlo said:

It's so forced and nobody in Scotland has teeth that white or straight.

I always enjoy it. 

I don’t think it gets the credit it deserves to be honest. 

The lads have all got very good knowledge about everything Scottish football. 

The small feature films dotted in to it are excellent as well. 

I enjoy the wee 5 minute films they have. The 2 last night were quite interesting Paul Mitchell , the colour blind commentator and the old boy who drives to Dingwall from North Wales for every Ross County home game.

Some of these guys are at the February Shareholders dinner given the age profile of the HMSA it should be an interesting night.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

I enjoy the wee 5 minute films they have. The 2 last night were quite interesting Paul Mitchell , the colour blind commentator and the old boy who drives to Dingwall from North Wales for every Ross County home game.

Some of these guys are at the February Shareholders dinner given the age profile of the HMSA it should be an interesting night.

Most of the members do have television, though some might still be black and white models. 

BackOfTheNet

Their features are good and the discussion of ALL things Scottish football is refreshing. The main presenter gets a lot of flack at times, but I actually quite like him. How good the show is depends fully on the line up though. They do at times cross the line from confidence to arrogance though, which is the worst thing about all these podcast shows, where a controversial (also known as a terrible) opinion is said with such gusto with no room for debate. They can simultaneously be like the best and worst guys on the bus to a game.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Daveandal

I really enjoy it. Best sport or entertainment thing BBC Scotland produce. 

It's a shame the rest of the channel Can't be as creative.

It does seem over scripted and rehearsed, which I find a wee bit off putting, but if I'm in and it's on I often watch.

As suggested above, the wee segments about fans, Paul Mitchell etc. are a good watch.

The lower league's are well covered, it's often Hearts-centric and the OF are barely mentioned.

If it was Richard Gordon presenting along with Willie Miller, Chick Young...I'd rather watch repeats of Terry & June.

Салатные палочки

I didn't like Joel Sked's theory that we're shite any time the show is on. 

Batistuta87

Glad to see it back! Can't stand the Hibs prick that's sometimes on though. He is an absolute trumpet. One of his top 5 Hibs moments was Hearts losing a cup final or something?? Rightly got the pish ripped out of him by the others. 

Incredibly refreshing to have something that's not just all about the old firm though. Great show 👍🏻

Craigieboy

Really enjoy it. Know some of the guys and think they’ve did really well to balance themselves around all of the clubs. 

Wee video clips are brilliant and quite expansive on the subject matter. 

Still waiting on my suggested feature of dugs in football and suspended ceilings in stands. 

Edited by Craigieboy

Batistuta87
3 hours ago, FJT said:

Three 🙂

Joel Sked, Rob Borthwick and Craig Fowler are all Jambos 

22 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

I enjoyed the short videos too. Nice change to hear about individual fans who are passionate about their team 

29 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Three 🙂

Joel Sked, Rob Borthwick and Craig Fowler are all Jambos 

👍

makes me more inclined to watch again!

I liked the irreverence of it. Football is a serious business on one hand, but ultimately it’s also meant to be fun, and at the same time plays an important role in many of us ordinary people’s lives. 
Any programme which describes Celtic fans as the most offended fans in football appeals to me 😁

3 hours ago, braveheart said:

Robert borthwick and Joel sked are both jambos . another regular presenter not on last night is also a hearts fan.

👍

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Craigieboy said:

Really enjoy it. Know some of the guys and think they’ve did really well to balance themselves around all of the clubs. 

Wee video clips are brilliant and quite expansive on the subject matter. 

Still waiting on my suggested feature of dugs in football and suspended ceilings in stands. 

You need to give up on your crusade for suspended ceilings. 🥸😄

Craigieboy
25 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You need to give up on your crusade for suspended ceilings. 🥸😄

Not until the Wheatfield gets our own one like the Main. 

colinmorewasgash

Joel Sked said we are crap and lose games when the programmes on can we take it off again after todays shambles. 

Benny Klack

I quite like it - they don’t pander to the OF and have a good knowledge of the lower leagues.

Apart from the Jambos, the wee Raith Rovers guy is good value.

Ironically the host (Stenny fan) and Sked both saw their teams thumped the day. 

8 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

I quite like it - they don’t pander to the OF and have a good knowledge of the lower leagues.

Apart from the Jambos, the wee Raith Rovers guy is good value.

Ironically the host (Stenny fan) and Sked both saw their teams thumped the day. 

A six one doing when you are playing the worst team in a league you strolling with a 15 point lead is probably a worse result than ours today.

Kirky Jambo

I agree they could do with less of the general banter, but the football analysis is generally pretty good and well researched. Worth sticking with it, especially the podcasts as you can easily skip through the less interesting parts

Benny Klack
8 minutes ago, brownkg said:

A six one doing when you are playing the worst team in a league you strolling with a 15 point lead is probably a worse result than ours today.

Burst ma bl00dy coupon n’aw 🤬

9 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Yeah I love these too. Loads of fascinating characters and stories, often from the lower leagues which otherwise go unnoticed. I think it's brilliant. I was a bit late on the bandwagon, and only really started watching regularly in the past year or so and wish I'd got involved sooner.

There's a real passion for Scottish football, not to mention the guys are very knowledgable. And as pointed out, while they do still talk about Celtic or Rangers where appropriate, their passion and knowledge stretches a lot further than just Glasgow, unlike most platforms. The Open Goal guys get a lot more credit, and some of their stuff is good, but once again is very Old Firm centric. Probably helps them make money and get views, but all very tiresome. AVFT is a breath of fresh air.

On a related note today was the last game when Green and red strips were used in Rugby. Rugby have ruled they need to change strips to help colour blind supporters.

I like there's a show that is not old firm oriented. I find the patter cringy but they are probably restricted by it being on bbc. 

Refreshing insight into Scottish football though.