Germany frees the weed

Gundermann

Gundermann

Just in time for Euro24. No cafe-culture yet though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68378807

Instead, non-commercial members' clubs, dubbed "cannabis social clubs", will grow and distribute a limited amount of the drug.

Each club will have an upper limit of 500 members, consuming cannabis onsite will not be allowed, and membership will only be available to German residents.

Edited by Gundermann

Gundermann
Just now, Jim_Duncan said:

Finally, might see a German laugh. 

You don't know them well enough.

Jim_Duncan
1 minute ago, Gundermann said:

You don't know them well enough.

Maybe it was the Hitler impressions they didn’t find funny. 

Actually, two times I’ve been the most stoned in my puff we’re both with a German guy I shared a flat with at uni. Closed my eyes and saw space invaders. 

Edited by Jim_Duncan

Gundermann

The least surprising sentence in the report. Coke-snorting noncery is ok for them but no space cake for the proles...

Meanwhile, opposition conservatives say that if they get into government next year, they will scrap the law entirely.

Once the opposition parties realise the tax it brings in, they'll back down. Otherwise it'll be cutting a public service to hand the money back to the criminals.

Good on Germany.

JudyJudyJudy

I stopped smoking that  nonsense a few years back due to the vastly increased risk of cancer via smoking it . Best to put  in a cake and have a tea party 

I assume that Mr Smith is no longer with us?

He would have been all over this thread.

That thing you do
2 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

This is a big misconception. I lived in Berlin and have a number of German friends who are down to earth, fun and have a few stories about the days of the Berlin wall, some more mental than others.

I also had a good experience in hospital there when I had my brain tumour surgery. The doctors called me "Mr Scotland" and were full of fun and to be honest made me forget why I was there.

Im looking forward to going back for the Euros. Germany is terrific, plenty doner mit knoblauch, Berliner Weisse Rot and currywurst getting thrown down in the summer.

Jim_Duncan
8 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

This is a big misconception. I lived in Berlin and have a number of German friends who are down to earth, fun and have a few stories about the days of the Berlin wall, some more mental than others.

I also had a good experience in hospital there when I had my brain tumour surgery. The doctors called me "Mr Scotland" and were full of fun and to be honest made me forget why I was there.

Im looking forward to going back for the Euros. Germany is terrific, plenty doner mit knoblauch, Berliner Weisse Rot and currywurst getting thrown down in the summer.

🆒

superjack
2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I stopped smoking that  nonsense a few years back due to the vastly increased risk of cancer via smoking it . Best to put  in a cake and have a tea party 

I switched to using a bong. Even helped me stay off the fags, not had 1 since last August ish.

SectionDJambo
4 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Maybe being half German and being in the company of German relatives over many years, has made me curious as to how this misconception of them still sticks with some. I’ve found them to be the same as here, some miserable and many more jolly and friendly. 

Anyway, I’m confident they’ll enjoy the Scots during the summer football. They love the bagpipes. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, superjack said:

I switched to using a bong. Even helped me stay off the fags, not had 1 since last August ish.

Well the first time I did a bong ? U can guess what happened ! Water everywhere lol 😂 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, superjack said:

Ps wise decision re the cigs 

Harry Potter
33 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Well the first time I did a bong ? U can guess what happened ! Water everywhere lol 😂 

whats a bong ?

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

whats a bong ?

A safer contraption to smoke weed out of 

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

How come?

Smoking kills 

Dawnrazor
37 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

whats a bong ?

It's a bit like a bing.

il Duce McTarkin
2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Maybe being half German and being in the company of German relatives over many years, has made me curious as to how this misconception of them still sticks with some. I’ve found them to be the same as here, some miserable and many more jolly and friendly. 

Anyway, I’m confident they’ll enjoy the Scots during the summer football. They love the bagpipes. 

Rarely met a German that I haven't liked.  

7 hours ago, That thing you do said:

Yup, Germans are fine, friendly and hospitable.  We were in the ‘home’ end for the 2-1 just after they’d won the World Cup in 2014.  Good laugh, no bother.

Now,  Austrians …..

That thing you do
13 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Yup, Germans are fine, friendly and hospitable.  We were in the ‘home’ end for the 2-1 just after they’d won the World Cup in 2014.  Good laugh, no bother.

Now,  Austrians …..

Agreed

People forget that's where Hitler was from/lived and spent time as a failed artist.