Gym Membership.

Negan

Currently training at Pure Gym, Gorgie however I was wondering if there are any other gyms goers out there who would recommend any other gyms. I mostly do weightlifting and iv managed to reach 50kg dumbell press and thats as heavy as their free weights go. 

Puregym is good as it does what it says on the packet but it also has its downfalls too. 

Used to be a member of Greens at the Corn Exchange when I lived up town. Great place, much less crammed than most of the others. Now taken over by Nuffield, so not sure what it's like these days.

33 minutes ago, Negan said:

Currently training at Pure Gym, Gorgie however I was wondering if there are any other gyms goers out there who would recommend any other gyms. I mostly do weightlifting and iv managed to reach 50kg dumbell press and thats as heavy as their free weights go. 

Puregym is good as it does what it says on the packet but it also has its downfalls too. 

A guy I know owns Lift gym on Gorgie rd. Very good selection of kits/weights. Another v good gym for weight training kit and also caters for strongman and crossfit is GymBasedAthlete.

48 minutes ago, Americana said:

Stop using the dumbells and grab a bar then 🤣

I do both ;)

1 minute ago, Ally Bee said:

Lift Gym 100 yards down the road from your Pure gym sounds like it would suit you.

Cheers will check it out!

36 minutes ago, RS86 said:

A guy I know owns Lift gym on Gorgie rd. Very good selection of kits/weights. Another v good gym for weight training kit and also caters for strongman and crossfit is GymBasedAthlete.

Thanks for the feedback, I always drive past it and was curious about it. Is it really small as it looks it? 

Lift gym has more space than it looks through the back. There is also a downstairs which you don't see from outside. 

stevie1874
2 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Used to be a member of Greens at the Corn Exchange when I lived up town. Great place, much less crammed than most of the others. Now taken over by Nuffield, so not sure what it's like these days.

Gone downhill since the Green’s  days. Absolutely no investment since Nuffield took  over. 

2 hours ago, Negan said:

Not many commercial gyms (if any) have dumbbells heavier than 50kg.

You will need to look for a proper bodybuilding gym.

10 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Not many commercial gyms (if any) have dumbbells heavier than 50kg.

You will need to look for a proper bodybuilding gym.

I was thinking this too. The only one I could find was out at Bonnington

23 minutes ago, Negan said:

I was thinking this too. The only one I could find was out at Bonnington

Energize gym at Edinburgh park has dumbbells over 50kg, up to 70kg I think. It’s reasonably priced, quiet but not really fancy.

henrysmithsgloves
2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I go here 

Sorry couldn't resist 😉😉

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Sorry couldn't resist 😉😉

I loved that song 🎵 

IMG_4738.gif

New Town Loafer
5 hours ago, Negan said:

LIFT down Gorgie is a good community gym. Good for weight lifters, too.