Composure, composure and composure

Deodato

Yes, JKB. Kick it.

Naismith has used the word "composure" a lot in post match interviews, and for good reason. As he highlighted during our off-days, if we can get composure right, everything else should fall into place. 

Composure when losing, knowing that the game is winnable. (Rarely happened under crag Levein or Nielsen) 

Composure with referees, to reduce the booking count for dissent (Rarely happened under crag Levein or Nielsen) 

Composure in midfield battles, so if we lose shape, we quickly regain it without losing the ball (Rarely happened under crag Levein or Nielsen) 

Composure in attack, so if takes that second or third touch to line up a shot don't squander by shooting first time (Rarely happened under crag Levein or Nielsen) 

Composure in game management, knowing that if the opposition has set up its stall in a way that'll take 70+ minutes to breakdown, play the game with this in mind and break them down when the time comes (Rarely happened under crag Levein or Nielsen) 

Kickbackers, I am feeling what I am seeing. It's like a new dawn. Confidence might get you a result over 90 minutes; composure can get a Premiership run that you are in control of. 

And I hate the Hibs. Bunch of methadone ridden tossers. 

Eumir Deodato

image.png.6f3f656adb738a310c9fab424d9eabee.png

Benny Klack

Fans need to show composure too.

Some of the moaning yesterday during the first 20 minutes even 🤦‍♂️

Lone Striker

Interesting word.   In the context of actors or musicians, composure suggests a strong belief in your ability to remember how to play the scene or song,  and how/when to interact with the other actors/musicians/technicians.   I guess that confidence comes from your basic training plus  lots of repetition & rehearsal .   You rely on them  and they rely on you to get through the scene/song.

All of that sounds pretty similar to what Naisy is getting at when he talks about composure.  Don't  panic if something goes wrong - misplaced pass, missed penalty, you get booked by the ref,  the opponent scores etc - its all been covered in your training routines and preparation.    

Your example about decision-making before having a pop at goal is good example.  No need to snatch at a shot in a poor position when you've got confidence that a better chance will fall to you or a teammate , We've seen Shanks become very good at that, and  Forrest & Oda showed glimpses of it too yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

We've seen Shanks become very good at that, and  Forrest & Oda showed glimpses of it too yesterday. 

Different team, very different league - but I go to watch Arsenal a lot down here and they do something similar, hound teams at the edge of their box knowing at some point they'll break them down. Agree with you, if Forrest and Oda can raise their game, you'll see something similar'ish here - put simply: possession football in the final third.