Tait style

mr fox

There is real potential in this lad I really like the look of him.

Has great awareness always looking for the ball and can spot a pass. 
Reminds me of a young Jack Wilshere 

Superb potential hope he keeps progressing.

Naismith is bleeding him the correct way. Not just throwing him into the starting XI. Tait will get the opportunity to develop properly without any pressure, and he has the potential to become a top performer.

Diadora Van Basten
4 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Naismith is bleeding him the correct way. Not just throwing him into the starting XI. Tait will get the opportunity to develop properly without any pressure, and he has the potential to become a top performer.

Exactly same as we did with Lee Wallace.

Definitely. Been a long time since I’ve seen a young kid with so much awareness and composure. Really pleased he signed 4yr contract. Fingers crossed he is one of several that we’ll now see starting to come thru the ranks 

fabienleclerq

I think Billy Gilmour is the best comparison. Hopefully he keeps developing. 

Finlay James

As others have said, he’s being bled into the team perfectly.  He’s being introduced when the team needs a change in focus and chasing a goal which shows the faith Naisy has in him and must inspire great confidence in Macaulay.

He has wonderful balance and awareness and rarely wastes a pass.  He has a chance, that’s for sure.

JimmyCant
45 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Reminds me of Billy Gilmour, great movement, short zipped passes.  Will be a top player t

I’m thinking Barry Ferguson

jambo mark
36 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Reminds me of Callum McGregor

I said this at the game yesterday. High praise indeed.

Lovely skill near the end when a ball was punted into the sky, he took it down with ease, few lovely touches to take it away from Motherwell players and laid it back to a defender, taking a foul in the process, this lad has so much promise

leipzig76
2 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

I am more and more impressed with Naismith as time goes on.He seems to have his finger on the pulse re players and how to encourage them to give their best.

gorgierulesapply88
2 hours ago, leipzig76 said:

I am more and more impressed with Naismith as time goes on.He seems to have his finger on the pulse re players and how to encourage them to give their best.

People forget Naismith played at the 'top' for many years. In one of his final seasons scored a perfect hat-trick to a Chelsea side who where all but up there at the time.

johnking123
4 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

People forget Naismith played at the 'top' for many years. In one of his final seasons scored a perfect hat-trick to a Chelsea side who where all but up there at the time.

Yip, partnered with lukaku. Well liked by Everton fans.

jamboinglasgow
5 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

When you look back at what Naismith talked about in regards to how he wants to progress youngsters, Tait progression is demonstrating it. He wanted youngsters to first start training with the first team, first week "survive" training, then build up from there where he wants them to push towards getting onto the bench, then push to get on as a sub and ultimately then push to start. I think too often talented youngsters are chucked into the first team and have sporadic appearances, here Tait is getting minutes because Naismith believes he will help the team at that point in the game.

I mentioned this on the other Tait thread but he has won every game he has appeared in for the first team, and in three of those games Hearts were either losing or drawing when he came on, and coming on he was part of the reason the game of won.

As others said, I think the Gilmour and McGregor comparisons are apt as he is best suited to that role, where they move the ball around and controls the tempo in midfield. Something we have not had for a while.

the posh bit

The Gilmour and McGregor comparisons are pehaps a bit premature. I'm happy comparing him to what we have/had already in midfield and he's already shown he's more than good enough to play. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

The Gilmour and McGregor comparisons are pehaps a bit premature. I'm happy comparing him to what we have/had already in midfield and he's already shown he's more than good enough to play. 

just comparing styles.  He’s got a long way to go 

stevie1874

Apologies for taking it off topic but anyone any idea how Finlay pollock doing as thought he was a great prospect few years ago. 

south morocco

What I like about him is he’s always in space , looking for the ball, makes a  pass to a hearts player. Sounds easy!! And 18 years old. 

Niemi’s gloves
8 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Apologies for taking it off topic but anyone any idea how Finlay pollock doing as thought he was a great prospect few years ago. 

FP is getting back to full fitness after a long time out. Has played in the B team’s last five games, generally to good reviews from those who’ve been at the games. Still regarded as part of the first team squad and has another year on his contract. With luck he’ll get some first team game time in the latter part of the season. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

FP is getting back to full fitness after a long time out. Has played in the B team’s last five games, generally to good reviews from those who’ve been at the games. Still regarded as part of the first team squad and has another year on his contract. With luck he’ll get some first team game time in the latter part of the season. 

Hes a top prospect. Hopefully gets some game time before the end of the season.

Broxburn Jambo

He plays with his head up, has the vision to go with it, I like the way he demands the ball, he is a confident boy

HeartsandonlyHearts
4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m thinking Barry Ferguson

God I hope not….

Jamb04life
4 hours ago, SM8 said:

Lovely skill near the end when a ball was punted into the sky, he took it down with ease, few lovely touches to take it away from Motherwell players and laid it back to a defender, taking a foul in the process, this lad has so much promise

This moment stood out for me too; great confidence, ability and composure. Really does look a player and surprised Denholm was ahead of him earlier in the season 

A_A wehatethehibs

2 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Don’t think anyone has forgotten that. He was a cracking player in his day. Everton fans were raging when he was sold to Norwich. They’ve still never replaced him! Reckon they will want him back as their manager. 

48 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:
@tait_macaulay with another cameo yesterday against Motherwell. Had a 100% pass accuracy (19/19 passes) and only had 24 touches.

That's pretty impressive stats, the pass to touch ratio shows he's moving the ball on quickly.  I think Calem also had very impressive passing accuracy, only one misplaced pass from over 50 attempts.

54 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hes a top prospect. Hopefully gets some game time before the end of the season.

I agree, it's a pity about his injury lay off as I'm certain he would have been getting first team game time by now.  He's certainly an exciting prospect.

jambo mark
1 hour ago, the posh bit said:

As other said, just a comparison of style. Long way to go before he’s talked aniur in the same brackets. 

For me, it’s the fact he plays with his head up, always looking. Because he’s so aware, it means he’s not having to take a touch and have a look. It’s one touch passing and looks so simple 

I like the fact he never stands still. We have certain other midfielders who will stand hand on hips when the balls not near them or they’ve moved it on. Macauley is constantly on the move which makes it easier to find that yard of space. Also love it when he hands out instructions to more senior teammates. Several times we’ve seen him whip a ball to Kingsley etc then pointed where it’s to go next. Not short of confidence the laddie.