7 games that if we win we challenge,Bongos analysis.

Bongo 1874

Bongo 1874

5 months ago,we are creating far more chances now and as yesterday showed we won pretty easy. A failure corrected 👍.

5 months ago, another game we won recently shot shy at times this game,but just like above,a failure corrected, with a 3-2 win recently.

4 months ago a game we battered Hibs First half, we were over 60% Possession first half,we gave up Possession with Hibs ending the game with 51% that won't happen again,we don't lose that much control in games now we dominate the ball Tait and Calem being most impressive with this recently,enjoyed Devlins energy yesterday too,a failure not beating Hibs at home,need a Home win against Hibs,that said he beat Hibs at Easter Road, in only his second game at Easter Road as Gaffer.

Plus point for me there maybe I'm bias.

Need the home win against Those Tramps and I'm sure u will do it Naisy 👍.

I would say that's 9 points that could easily have went our way.

Cheated,if the foul is given on Vargas Rangers don't score the two goals,he is clearly pushed and the ref is in front of it,Haring not particularly great here, if we held on that's us 12 points that could of went our way, Small Margins.

This one really annoys me as they are pish,in no way should we lose this game,that said we have battered them both times at Tynecastle, if they make top 6 i want an away win up there.

Delighted to see the improvement in play,and overall results.

15 points^ that could of went our way.

Change in formation saw us play like a different team.

Could of won game.

18 points.

Forgot this game now 21 points.

Something I did under Stendel and every other manager but him more in particular,under Naismith we aren't getting beat by high scores,the games are competitive and could of went our way,basically we don't lie down to teams.

And if they win they have to really earn it most of the time, this is a great trait to have which shows the determination and confidence in the team just now.

Hardwork Beats the Talent,when the Talent stops,Hardwork& Dedication.

Edited by Bongo 1874

Silvery_Moon
13 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

5 months ago,we are creating far more chances now and as yesterday showed we won pretty easy. A failure corrected 👍.

5 months ago, another game we won recently shot shy at times this game,but just like above,a failure corrected, with a 3-2 win recently.

4 months ago a game we battered Hibs First half, we were over 60% Possession first half,we gave up Possession with Hibs ending the game with 51% that won't happen again,we don't lose that much control in games now we dominate the ball Tait and Calem being most impressive with this recently,enjoyed Devlins energy yesterday too,a failure not beating Hibs at home,need a Home win against Hibs,that said he beat Hibs at Easter Road, in only his second game at Easter Road as Gaffer.

Plus point for me there maybe I'm bias.

Need the home win against Those Tramps and I'm sure u will do it Naisy 👍.

I would say that's 9 points that could easily have went our way.

Cheated,if the foul is given on Vargas Rangers don't score the two goals,he is clearly pushed and the ref is in front of it,Haring not particularly great here, if we held on that's us 12 points that could of went our way, Small Margins.

This one really annoys me as they are pish,in no way should we lose this game,that said we have battered them both times at Tynecastle, if they make top 6 i want an away win up there.

Delighted to see the improvement in play,and overall results.

15 points^ that could of went our way.

Change in formation saw us play like a different team.

Could of won game.

18 points.

Forgot this game now 21 points.

Something I did under Stendel and every other manager but him more in particular,under Naismith we aren't getting beat by high scores,the games are competitive and could of went our way,basically we don't lie down to teams.

And if they win they have to really earn it most of the time, this is a great trait to have which shows the determination and confidence in the team just now.

Hardwork Beats the Talent,when the Talent stops,Hardwork& Dedication.

Take your point and that's 19 points we could have had on another day but the truth is we had a new management who were finding their feet and it was all building blocks to where we find ourselves today. 

Some of our wins (both 3-2 over Dundee) could have been draws as well so it works both ways.

Absolutely delighted with how things are going and without a doubt next week is a huge test. 

Mikey1874

We certainly could have lost or drawn a lot of the games we won. You can look at individual moments in the following games.

St Johnstone 0-1 penalty given for Cochrane hand ball. Shankland isn't on the goal line to head it.

Dundee 2-3. Penalty isn't given at 2-1. Dundee defend the through ball for winner better.

Aberdeen 2-0 Miovski goal is given as Baningime deemed to have slipped and first goal being very significant Aberdeen see game out

Dundee 3-2 pretty obvious

Ross County 2-2 obvious

Hibs 0-1 Boyle scores his penalty. Bushiri defends better

Celtic 0-2 Palma makes better choices as Celtic dominate early on. Actually score from a corner, defend our corner better and Kyogo doesn't muss sitter.

Kilmarnock 0-1 albeit Dennis should have been sent off a game that could have gone either way

Motherwell 1-2 albeit 2 stonewall penalties not given to Hearts a game that could have gone either way 

We could say this every season tbh, beat the teams we should beat & we’ll challenge. Unfortunately it’s easier said than done..

I prefer to look at individual performances on the day when assessing these things rather than just say we should be beating that team because we don’t have a divine right to win against anyone. As you say hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

Out of that list we deserved to lose the Motherwell, Dundee & St Mirren games imo, none of those performances were anywhere near the standard required and the opposition were worthy winners. The Rangers, Hibs & Aberdeen games are all really annoying though because in each one we had it in our hands and then dropped it, that’s 8 points dropped plus an extra 3 for Rangers that they snuck away with.

As for Ross County I don’t think Dhanda’s free kick should have been given as a foul but it wasn’t our best day defensively and is the one blip on our recent record, draw probably fair on balance.

Overall I think we are roughly where we deserve to be this season, we’ve also come through some games where we’ve had to grind wins out without playing particularly well so it all balances out. Summer window will be a very big one for us and if we get it right we could be in for some exciting times next season now the manager has found his feet.

Edited by boag1874

28 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

We could say this every season tbh, beat the teams we should beat & we’ll challenge. Unfortunately it’s easier said than done..

I prefer to look at individual performances on the day when assessing these things rather than just say we should be beating that team because we don’t have a divine right to win against anyone. As you say hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

Out of that list we deserved to lose the Motherwell, Dundee & St Mirren games imo, none of those performances were anywhere near the standard required and the opposition were worthy winners. The Rangers, Hibs & Aberdeen games are all really annoying though because in each one we had it in our hands and then dropped it, that’s 8 points dropped plus an extra 3 for Rangers that they snuck away with.

As for Ross County I don’t think Dhanda’s free kick should have been given as a foul but it wasn’t our best day defensively and is the one blip on our recent record, draw probably fair on balance.

Overall I think we are roughly where we deserve to be this season, we’ve also come through some games where we’ve had to grind wins out without playing particularly well so it all balances out. Summer window will be a very big one for us and if we get it right we could be in for some exciting times next season now the manager has found his feet.

This is why I'm such a big advocate of a bigger league. Managers get too many bites at the apple to figure out how to beat other teams.

If you get 3/4 attempts to beat a team PLUS cups you could be playing the same team 6 times a season. Frankly, its more worrying if a team can't take points off you in those circumstances. 

Rangers and Celtic get away with it because the difference between them and the rest is so big. Whereas for everyone else its basically a slugging match. The rest of us cut each others throats and then they end up 20+points clear 9 times out of 10. Increasing the league size and dropping to once at home and once away would cut the gap at the top and offer a bit of hope that in the right circumstances a challenge is possible. 

Hackney Hearts

I don't think there's much point saying players could have done things differently, not made mistakes etc.

It's the refereeing/VAR mistakes that really frustrate - the shirt pull that they chose to penalise at Ibrox (one of dozens that happen every game), the penalty that they acknowledged should have been given against Ross County etc.

Bazzas right boot
55 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We certainly could have lost or drawn a lot of the games we won. You can look at individual moments in the following games.

St Johnstone 0-1 penalty given for Cochrane hand ball. Shankland isn't on the goal line to head it.

Dundee 2-3. Penalty isn't given at 2-1. Dundee defend the through ball for winner better.

Aberdeen 2-0 Miovski goal is given as Baningime deemed to have slipped and first goal being very significant Aberdeen see game out

Dundee 3-2 pretty obvious

Ross County 2-2 obvious

Hibs 0-1 Boyle scores his penalty. Bushiri defends better

Celtic 0-2 Palma makes better choices as Celtic dominate early on. Actually score from a corner, defend our corner better and Kyogo doesn't muss sitter.

Kilmarnock 0-1 albeit Dennis should have been sent off a game that could have gone either way

Motherwell 1-2 albeit 2 stonewall penalties not given to Hearts a game that could have gone either way 

Yip, and we won't win every game.

Being a bit more basic -The hibs 2-2, Motherwell 0-1  are games that imo stick out, another 5 points and with Rangers at ibrox coming up we could have been in the mix.

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Good analysis.

Beat the rest of the shite consistently and you can be up there challenging. A bigger league and playing each other twice would improve the prospects of this happening.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

This is why I'm such a big advocate of a bigger league. Managers get too many bites at the apple to figure out how to beat other teams.

If you get 3/4 attempts to beat a team PLUS cups you could be playing the same team 6 times a season. Frankly, its more worrying if a team can't take points off you in those circumstances. 

Rangers and Celtic get away with it because the difference between them and the rest is so big. Whereas for everyone else its basically a slugging match. The rest of us cut each others throats and then they end up 20+points clear 9 times out of 10. Increasing the league size and dropping to once at home and once away would cut the gap at the top and offer a bit of hope that in the right circumstances a challenge is possible. 

Theres so many reasons why we should go for a bigger league. It would also give mid table teams more of an opportunity to play young players and play less of a defensive style improving the entertainment on show across the board as they’re less likely to fall into a relegation scrap (at the minute you can go from 6th to 10th really quick so teams are naturally more cautious). Plus variety is just far less boring.

JimmyCant

Probably Just as many games where you can make a case for us losing them. you can’t just count your bad luck without counting your good luck.

We’re about where our quality says we should be. Well clear in 3rd but not seriously challengers for the title. The league generally works out with the teams in order of talent and quality. Not much luck to it overall.