Hold me back

GinRummy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/68329147

Not sure what I think of this. His side went over to clap the travelling fans after their defeat to Livi and after hearing something he didn’t like, Robinson puffed his wee chest out and approached the supporters in a semi aggressive way. Bit hot headed of him I think. Not very professional but fans can go over the top with the verbals. 

I think it's pretty clear now that he's a streaky manager and will never manage a bigger team than St Mirren or Motherwell. It must have just dawned on him too.

millerjames398

Not a massive surprise,,sure he swung his missus around at the Christmas market, after a all day session at princes street gardens a few yrs ago...

Shooter McGavin

I mean it’s hardly Clough punching his own fans is it 😂

Listened to them talk about it on the radio, and you’d be forgiven for thinking it was on the verge of a riot!

The St Mirren fans are an angry bunch you see that when we play them.

Never rated Robinson personally but aye...probably quite easy to lose the place if you've heard something particularly offensive.

Probably quite easy to get drawn in at times when you maybe should walk away. 

Some of the things you hear at games. If I was in his position I'd probably bite at some point if I heard something, someone cuts me off when I'm driving I probably overreact, so yeah 

7 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I mean it’s hardly Clough punching his own fans is it 😂

Listened to them talk about it on the radio, and you’d be forgiven for thinking it was on the verge of a riot!

Aye, it won’t rival Cantona’s kung fu kick either 😂 but I do wonder what is a reasonable amount of abuse to take before managers or players could justifiably retaliate. Some of the stuff I’ve heard over the years is beyond the pale. 

Edited by GinRummy

Wee Mikey
Just now, Armageddon said:

Mind when he was the JKB experts choice 😂😂😂

Just think ...

... some folks on here would've had him rather than Naisy.

The very thought!

FarmerTweedy
9 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

The St Mirren fans are an angry bunch you see that when we play them.

Never rated Robinson personally but aye...probably quite easy to lose the place if you've heard something particularly offensive.

Probably quite easy to get drawn in at times when you maybe should walk away. 

Some of the things you hear at games. If I was in his position I'd probably bite at some point if I heard something, someone cuts me off when I'm driving I probably overreact, so yeah 

In fairness, wouldn't you be angry if you had to live in Paisley and watch St Liedown every week? 

Batistuta87
33 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not sure what I think of this. His side went over to clap the travelling fans after their defeat to Livi and after hearing something he didn’t like, Robinson puffed his wee chest out and approached the supporters in a semi aggressive way. Bit hot headed of him I think. Not very professional but fans can go over the top with the verbals. 

"If it wasn't for these 15 stewards and polis I'd have you"

Wank. 

Edited by Batistuta87

2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

In fairness, wouldn't you be angry if you had to live in Paisley and watch St Liedown every week? 

Fair point 

Touché....

jock _turd
1 minute ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

He's just an angry wee man. No surprise something like this happened 

To be fair what some dimwits shout from the safety of the terracing is beyond disgusting . They would say it once to a managers face and wake up in A&E but because they have paid their money to enter the ground they have some sort of right to say anything they like?

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

"If it wasn't for these 15 stewards and polis I'd have you"

Wank. 

😂😂😂 aye it had that vibe to it. Tbf, I’ve seen a lot of ‘nearly a fight’ situations in my life but in all those situations if someone really wanted to hit someone else then they’d have managed it but chose to let a third party talk them out of it or hold them back. 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
35 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

I think it's pretty clear now that he's a streaky manager and will never manage a bigger team than St Mirren or Motherwell. It must have just dawned on him too.

Can see him going down another level below St Mirren and Motherwell and trying out a bottom 6 team like Hibs. 

😉😉😉

27 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Not a massive surprise,,sure he swung his missus around at the Christmas market, after a all day session at princes street gardens a few yrs ago...

Not a fan of his. But this is unfair. Read his wife's account of events and what followed. 

Wee Mikey
2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

He's raging, eh? 

That's his psyche.

Every time he turned up at Tynie he spent most of the match biting the 4th official's ear.

Yeuchhh ... 🤮

Lone Striker

I think he's a good manager .... but just can't stand his 100mph voice & accent.     

28 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Not a fan of his. But this is unfair. Read his wife's account of events and what followed. 

Go on, share or give us a link

Bonnie Prince Charlie
1 hour ago, millerjames398 said:

Out of order, dealt with in court and not found guilty. Be careful with your accusations please as mud sticks 

Scott980612

I actually feel embarrassed watching that….  

and I’m embarrassed because I wanted him at Hearts. 

After we lost to PAOK then played Motherwell at home and lost , I honestly thought that the management team off Naismith/McEvoy was the experiment went wrong.  

How tables have turned  

Absolutely delighted that we have Naismith in charge & not him

3 minutes ago, kila said:

I’m lazy and just want to scroll 

Haha fair enough. But it's out there, his wife's comments are very damning of the justice system.

Scott Monument

Personally not what I would want at Hearts I prefer a manager who conducts himself with dignity in defeat and not act like a thug I know it can be a difficult job but you must not get involved 

The guys a dick. Cringe every time we lose a game and the we deserve better brigade bring up his name. Be delighted if he is Aberdeens next manager

dannymack

Fans are wankers at times... Full of shit, booing their team, shouting obscenities at players, must have taken  too much for him to react like that, bet the fan shat himself however he really has to learn from this and not do it again.  

I wonder how Naisy and Co felt at the start of the season when they were trying to plan ahead ?

Now fans can't get enough and are currently trying to crawl up their arses ! 

Guaranteed no one will confront them tomorrow then again all is pretty in the good ship Tynecastle.

Edited by dannymack

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

To be fair what some dimwits shout from the safety of the terracing is beyond disgusting . They would say it once to a managers face and wake up in A&E but because they have paid their money to enter the ground they have some sort of right to say anything they like?

Calm Doon Rocky. He's a manager no a ****ing cage fighter. 😂 

Wee Mikey
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Rocket of a man. Will Never manage a big club

There's a lyric in there that I won't quote.

lost in space
48 minutes ago, Bonnie Prince Charlie said:

Out of order, dealt with in court and not found guilty. Be careful with your accusations please as mud sticks 

Can you clarify?

My memory is that he was charged due to statements from his wife and bystanders but his wife changed her statement on the day of the trial- and he walked.

Abusers often get away with the very same thing -with the abused changing their statements just before trail.

Of course, that could just be a coincidence.

And my memory could be wrong.

If not - he could be a very nasty little ####.

Section Q

Controlled aggression.....

Our manager was in everybody's face as a player, and as a manager he seems to be very much in control.

Not saying he wasn't in control back then.

An example was Wee Lee last season. The gremlin totally lost it and even gave Naisy a dig in the ribs. Naismith walked away with a bemused look on his dial that said "mission complete"...!

There's an old saying that you shouldn't lose your temper unless you choose to. Reacting to a wind up means they've got to you.

Another example was the image of Naisy standing over Scott Brown and holding his ribs with laugher while the big guy was sat on the grass.

As a player he always came across as a pest, but I'm thinking he was always in control of himself.

Our young manager is maturing nicely, and nothing seems to phase him.

Not like Robinson.

dannymack
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Controlled aggression.....

Our manager was in everybody's face as a player, and as a manager he seems to be very much in control.

Not saying he wasn't in control back then.

An example was Wee Lee last season. The gremlin totally lost it and even gave Naisy a dig in the ribs. Naismith walked away with a bemused look on his dial that said "mission complete"...!

There's an old saying that you shouldn't lose your temper unless you choose to. Reacting to a wind up means they've got to you.

Another example was the image of Naisy standing over Scott Brown and holding his ribs with laugher while the big guy was sat on the grass.

As a player he always came across as a pest, but I'm thinking he was always in control of himself.

Our young manager is maturing nicely, and nothing seems to phase him.

Not like Robinson.

All it needs is the glare. 

Screenshot_20231218_022720_Gallery.jpg

Berrassobad
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Was hud me back where I bide ! regards

feedthefox

Talking of afters, what sparked the beef between coaching staff at the very end? FM I think was in thick of it as were at least two Well coaching staff. Was just waiting for Naisy to two foot someone and stand over him laughing.

Edited by feedthefox

Section Q
1 hour ago, dannymack said:

All it needs is the glare. 

Screenshot_20231218_022720_Gallery.jpg

That's not Naismith doing the glare.

dannymack
Just now, Section Q said:

That's not Naismith doing the glare.

Correct... Grant, Mackay and Forrest. 

dannymack
5 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Talking of afters, what sparked the beef between coaching staff at the very end? FM I think was in thick of it as were at least two Well coaching staff. Was just waiting for Naisy to two foot someone and stand over him laughing.

It was Gogs Forrest who got carded, passionate guy who loves to coach and can handle himself.

Wee Mikey
4 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Methinks Naisy should take a leaf out of this fella's book and not hold back.

🤭

lost in space
6 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Talking of afters, what sparked the beef between coaching staff at the very end? FM i think was in thick of it as were at least two W

Well, I don't think it was the First Minister. He is a Celtic fan - and acts like one.

Dallas Green
17 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Can you clarify?

My memory is that he was charged due to statements from his wife and bystanders but his wife changed her statement on the day of the trial- and he walked.

Abusers often get away with the very same thing -with the abused changing their statements just before trail.

Of course, that could just be a coincidence.

And my memory could be wrong.

If not - he could be a very nasty little ####.

That's my recollection of it too.