Summer 24 Transfers - Beni signs 2 year deal

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

iainmac
4 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

A wee bid in for Marcondes please. Even if just for the piss,n,biscuits

Until he scored the free kick last week, the dot netters were organising transport to drive him out of the Emptyhad. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• RustyRightPeg

• Batistuta87

• kingantti1874

iainmac
Posted (edited)

Never heard of this guy, haven't seen him play but came across his stats on Twitter. 

21 year old CDM with impressive numbers. 

Edited by iainmac

kingantti1874
44 minutes ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

We've got to be realistic, within budget, seasoned good professional's preferably that know Scottish football so there's less adjustment to settle in and that stays fit playing solid 90 minute game's consistent full seasons 

Id rather take Findlay over an young unproven loan signing 

at some point we need to look to get in a better level of player.  No point continually buying players at the same level we already have. 

Findlay is ok, but won’t take hearts forward at all

19 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Never heard of this guy, haven't seen him play but came across his stats on Twitter. 

Exactly the sort of player we should be looking at Iain! 

Problem with youngsters in the top flight is that we're immediately priced out because they're looking for megabucks from England. Looking for these sorts of laddies in the Championship could be a very shrewd plan!! 

gregzy2k7

Should be enquiring to Dundee about Luke Mccowan imo, a player who would fit into our midfield well and has proven over the season that he is top drawer.

1st team RB and a LCH are also a must for me, as I don't rate Rowles or Atkinson as starters.

I have a feeling we will also see a major signing this summer, potentially even getting close to the record fee territory.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

at some point we need to look to get in a better level of player.  No point continually buying players at the same level we already have. 

Findlay is ok, but won’t take hearts forward at all

Going to sound like I'm being difficult :D but I actually think he would! 

Our biggest problem is that our defence lacks leadership, and is heavily reliant on Frankie Kent. We keep giving away cheap goals and in Kents absence we are heavily exposed. Findlay would solve all of that, and give us 2 solid leaders - I'd argue such strong defensive leadership hasn't been seen at Hearts since Webster and Zaliukas. 

Fair enough our ability to play the ball out of defence might be an issue, but if those 2 can help keep the score at 0-0 then I'm happy :lol: 

I think even for a team in 3rd, we have glaring limitations in our team, and its not yet established as the 3rd best team in the country on merit (more than we're the least worst team of the non-OF sides) - this season its been an absolutely dreadful league, Hibs & Aberdeen both embarrassing themselves hugely. We take Shankland out of that team and replace him with an average striker and 3rd becomes a massive challenge. Our other attackers don't contribute enough and our defence has been leaky, often conceding soft goals giving the rest of the lads a mountain to climb in games. 

IMO tighten up the defence and get wingers/attackers that can make the right decisions under pressure and we're laughing. Spittal & Dhanda both excellent options that will improve us. Findlay at the back, and Armstrong if possible and that is IMO an absolutely incredible team with few obvious limitations, and it then becomes how can we improve individual positions which is that next level area we keep talking about. 

jamboinglasgow

With the third secured, I am looking forward to seeing the rumours coming out on who is going to sign, I suspect that now we have European money they will be a few outlandish ones.

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, OTT said:

Going to sound like I'm being difficult :D but I actually think he would! 

Our biggest problem is that our defence lacks leadership, and is heavily reliant on Frankie Kent. We keep giving away cheap goals and in Kents absence we are heavily exposed. Findlay would solve all of that, and give us 2 solid leaders - I'd argue such strong defensive leadership hasn't been seen at Hearts since Webster and Zaliukas. 

Fair enough our ability to play the ball out of defence might be an issue, but if those 2 can help keep the score at 0-0 then I'm happy :lol: 

I think even for a team in 3rd, we have glaring limitations in our team, and its not yet established as the 3rd best team in the country on merit (more than we're the least worst team of the non-OF sides) - this season its been an absolutely dreadful league, Hibs & Aberdeen both embarrassing themselves hugely. We take Shankland out of that team and replace him with an average striker and 3rd becomes a massive challenge. Our other attackers don't contribute enough and our defence has been leaky, often conceding soft goals giving the rest of the lads a mountain to climb in games. 

IMO tighten up the defence and get wingers/attackers that can make the right decisions under pressure and we're laughing. Spittal & Dhanda both excellent options that will improve us. Findlay at the back, and Armstrong if possible and that is IMO an absolutely incredible team with few obvious limitations, and it then becomes how can we improve individual positions which is that next level area we keep talking about. 

agree with a lot of this mate, I just don’t think the answer in Findlay.  I think he’s average. 

2/3 years ago I wanted us to go for Leon Balogun, before he went to QPR.  He’s the kind of player we need, he’s a level up from what we have. 

I think the time for Balogun has passed, settled at the huns and probably happy to see it out with a big wage but he the kind of player I want. 

28/29 years old, experienced, a level up from what we already have, brilliant attitude can play to 33/34 easy. 

btw.  I wouldn’t at all be annoyed if we went for Findlay.  An improvement over Sibbick as CB 

GinRummy

So a load of opinions and suggestions but there two rumours posted so far-

Celtic after Clark. 
Deal agreed for Armstrong. 

Any more?

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

agree with a lot of this mate, I just don’t think the answer in Findlay.  I think he’s average. 

2/3 years ago I wanted us to go for Leon Balogun, before he went to QPR.  He’s the kind of player we need, he’s a level up from what we have. 

I think the time for Balogun has passed, settled at the huns and probably happy to see it out with a big wage but he the kind of player I want. 

28/29 years old, experienced, a level up from what we already have, brilliant attitude can play to 33/34 easy. 

btw.  I wouldn’t at all be annoyed if we went for Findlay.  An improvement over Sibbick as CB 

Yeah, if I had my pick of players for LCB, it would be Jimmy Dunne. Great age, will have matured massively and could partner Kent excellently.  That said, with Rowles limitations, Findlay is an obvious and realistic candidate to replace him, should the move to Saudi materialise. 

Ricardo Quaresma
34 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

With the third secured, I am looking forward to seeing the rumours coming out on who is going to sign, I suspect that now we have European money they will be a few outlandish ones.

Where d'you think I got this username?

The wildest of all time, not put forward on here, I don't think, though :smuggy:

Bender
31 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Celtic after Clark. 

Any more?

No chance we've agreed a deal for Danny Armstrong without it reaching the press.

Hansel
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Celtic after Clark. 

Any more?

Didn't see a post about Armstrong rumour... is that a credible one?

heartsfc_fan

Celtic after Clark. 

Any more?

Rowles to Saudi (read that on here)

Newton51

Celtic after Clark. 

Any more?

Sure seen rumours about tagawa and Oda leaving and not related to train journeys 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Where d'you think I got this username?

The wildest of all time, not put forward on here, I don't think, though :smuggy:

I love a wild one. The ones that you just want to be true that you ignore all reason and just have a feeling that maybe its true. There was one here back in about 2008 which someone said two young Brazilians are signing and for years I still held out hope that was true despite it clearly not being (and years passing.)

2 hours ago, Bender said:

No chance we've agreed a deal for Danny Armstrong without it reaching the press.

Inclined to agree - his megahun agent will be wanting a solid summer to pimp him to rangers before entertaining a move elsewhere. 

FarmerTweedy
On 05/05/2024 at 00:36, JamboAl said:

I don't know if Stone has performed well enough to be No2 but suffice to say that Naismith felt the need to have 3 experienced international keepers available until McGovern went on loan to Livi.

If Clark does go and probably McGovern too, I cannot see us sticking with one experienced keeper and a rookie bearing in mind we will have European fixtures as well as bread and butter stuff.

That's just not true though. McGovern was only signed as cover for Clark because Gordon wasn't available at the time, having not yet recovered from injury to the point of being ready to play. Once he was fit and ready, McGovern was allowed to go out on loan when the next transfer window opened.  Having said that, I suspect you're right that if Clark goes, we'll bring a second experienced keeper in.

GinRummy
6 hours ago, Hansel said:

Didn't see a post about Armstrong rumour... is that a credible one?

Can’t remember who posted it. Seems unlikely to me. 

Ricardo Quaresma
5 hours ago, OTT said:

Inclined to agree - his megahun agent will be wanting a solid summer to pimp him to rangers before entertaining a move elsewhere. 

What if rangers already stated they're not interested?

Are all players like, 'whatever you say', to their agent? They'd uproot their family and such, because of what an agent advises / wants?

I'd agree, if he is coming here, it's been his decision, whether that's been after his agent offering him to others is another matter

PapaShango

We seen previously the massive gulf in quality we will come up against in the euro groups. We were miles off the top 2 teams in the group the last time and feel like we really need a couple of players that can retain possession, its massive in these types of games and against the OF. I'm hoping any signing we make is a level above whoever is first pick in that position currently, its the only way we are going to kick on and improve. 

BackOfTheNet
11 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I suspected the same a couple of seasons ago and unfortunately it never came to pass. (Obviously in hindsight Shankland has been a excellent signing that was made that window, but we never really made any proper statement signings that window)

I’d love to have a signing that we don’t just hope will elevate us, but that looks like they would before they even put on the strip. We need to start investing in quality to take us to the next level this window, but to save myself disappointment I’m going to assume it will be a slow and steady window like a couple of years ago. Solidifying and securing 3rd again I imagine.

Threedoorsdown
12 hours ago, iainmac said:

This lad has all the passing traits on 😂

Sooks

I will be a bit gutted if we after Simon Murray , Gogic and the back up Celtic keepers , while losing Clarke , Cochrane and Shanks . Thankfully I think  there is about as much chance as that as there is of me me getting a game next season :lol: 

Jim Panzee
19 hours ago, Carter said:

Souttar doesn't have legs like tree trunks though. 

Not just his legs remember.... :

IMG_1597.thumb.jpeg.535c9ea957da0b7ae7ebc57a65d18589.jpeg

King prawn
12 hours ago, iainmac said:

I haven’t seen this guy play but whenever I see a bunch of passing statistics it always reminds me of this 

https://www.whoateallthepies.tv/lists/79879/look-who-made-no-10-on-opta-list-of-passes-completed-in-top-european-leagues-over-past-two-seasons.html

:lol: 

13 hours ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

We've got to be realistic, within budget, seasoned good professional's preferably that know Scottish football so there's less adjustment to settle in and that stays fit playing solid 90 minute game's consistent full seasons 

Id rather take Findlay over an young unproven loan signing 

As would I. At our level we cannot afford a team of 11 rockstars. We need to have players that are reliable if unspectacular that know their role, limitations and what they do well. 

I would take a basic and uninteresting defence if it meant we could spend a bit more to get in quality attacking talent - since we have a limited pool of money to spend. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
10 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I love a wild one. The ones that you just want to be true that you ignore all reason and just have a feeling that maybe its true. There was one here back in about 2008 which someone said two young Brazilians are signing and for years I still held out hope that was true despite it clearly not being (and years passing.)

Two Costa Rican midfielders this year 🤩

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
10 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

That’s the problem with Brazilians.  Done well, there is absolutely nothing to see.

JamboAl
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

That's just not true though. McGovern was only signed as cover for Clark because Gordon wasn't available at the time, having not yet recovered from injury to the point of being ready to play. Once he was fit and ready, McGovern was allowed to go out on loan when the next transfer window opened.  Having said that, I suspect you're right that if Clark goes, we'll bring a second experienced keeper in.

It still shows that SN was unwilling to go with one goalie plus a rookie which might be the case if Clark leaves.

Edited by JamboAl

Maybe I am just dreaming but I feel we have 05 vlad level windows coming in the near future ( Skacel, Bednars etc)

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Rods said:

Maybe I am just dreaming but I feel we have 05 vlad level windows coming in the near future ( Skacel, Bednars etc)

Na I wouldn’t think so mate.  Players at that level are in the 5/6m 30/ 40k per week bracket these days .  God knows what a peak fyssas would cost? A guy who was player of the tournament at the euros?  £10m 

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It still shows that SN was unwilling to go with one one goalie plus a rookie which might be the case if Clark leaves.

Clark won't be leaving. Would've been 6 or 7 on Saturday if not for him.

JamboAl
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

and you know this because.....?

May one-six
45 minutes ago, OTT said:

As would I. At our level we cannot afford a team of 11 rockstars. We need to have players that are reliable if unspectacular that know their role, limitations and what they do well. 

I would take a basic and uninteresting defence if it meant we could spend a bit more to get in quality attacking talent - since we have a limited pool of money to spend. 

It's essential that we have central defenders who can play a bit. Think back to when teams used to isolate Christophe Berra and let him have the ball. He'd inevitably end up giving it away or thumping it out of play. The thought of those days returning gives me the fear.

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Na I wouldn’t think so mate.  Players at that level are in the 5/6m 30/ 40k per week bracket these days .  God knows what a peak fyssas would cost? A guy who was player of the tournament at the euros?  £10m 

Ah yeh fair point and I never even factored in Fyssas I was more thinking of the Czech's 

Maybe a JJ 96 window then lol. 

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, Rods said:

Let me know when you wake up. 😄

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Rods said:

Ah yeh fair point and I never even factored in Fyssas I was more thinking of the Czech's 

Maybe a JJ 96 window then lol. 

ha ha . Admire the optimism but   I’m a negative nel re Scottish football mate..

I think our competitive spending power is massively reduced despite ourselves being wealthier than we’ve ever been.  Football inflation has got away from us

God only knows what a peak McCann, Cameron or Davie Weir would cost. 

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Balogun has already played past 33-34 yo, hes 36 next month.

9 minutes ago, May one-six said:

It's essential that we have central defenders who can play a bit. Think back to when teams used to isolate Christophe Berra and let him have the ball. He'd inevitably end up giving it away or thumping it out of play. The thought of those days returning gives me the fear.

Findlay can a wee bit. He's not anywhere near as incompetent on the ball as Berra was, but its also not his strenght. Similar to Kent IMO. 

One alternative I was thinking of was Josh Knight - He played with Kent at Peterborough, is on a free transfer BUT plays on the right. So if Naisy continues a back 3, we could have Knight Kent Rowles as our CB trio which seems a bit stronger than Kingsley out of position on the right because we don't have any good options. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Balogun has already played past 33-34 yo, hes 36 next month.

yeah agreed too old now.  

Was more an example of the profile of player I think we need, one from our past was Stephan Mahe.  

I just think if we are to compete in Europe we need a few years players comfortable at that level 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Any other GK would’ve made those saves and possibly done better at the first two goals, easily replaced.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

yeah agreed too old now.  

Was more an example of the profile of player I think we need, one from our past was Stephan Mahe.  

I just think if we are to compete in Europe we need a few years players comfortable at that level 

He was still their best defender against us a couple of weeks ago. 
An experienced RB/CM would take us up a level i think. 

Carter
1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

Not just his legs remember.... :

IMG_1597.thumb.jpeg.535c9ea957da0b7ae7ebc57a65d18589.jpeg

:laugh2:

JimmyCant
22 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

and you know this because.....?

He’s not leaving because he’s contracted and he’s our number 1. Never seen him mentioned as a target for anyone else, and hard as it may be to accept, GC is number 2 and next season will most likely be his last. You let Clark go and you give yourself an unnecessary and tricky job replacing him

JamboAl
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

He’s not leaving because he’s contracted and he’s our number 1. Never seen him mentioned as a target for anyone else, and hard as it may be to accept, GC is number 2 and next season will most likely be his last. You let Clark go and you give yourself an unnecessary and tricky job replacing him

Sounds like your humble opinion rather than fact.  Is that right?

May one-six
16 minutes ago, OTT said:

Findlay can a wee bit. He's not anywhere near as incompetent on the ball as Berra was, but its also not his strenght. Similar to Kent IMO. 

One alternative I was thinking of was Josh Knight - He played with Kent at Peterborough, is on a free transfer BUT plays on the right. So if Naisy continues a back 3, we could have Knight Kent Rowles as our CB trio which seems a bit stronger than Kingsley out of position on the right because we don't have any good options. 

I don't know Knight, but if he's as effective as Frankie Kent he could be worth considering. 

JimmyCant
17 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

ha ha . Admire the optimism but   I’m a negative nel re Scottish football mate..

I think our competitive spending power is massively reduced despite ourselves being wealthier than we’ve ever been.  Football inflation has got away from us

God only knows what a peak McCann, Cameron or Davie Weir would cost. 

We can compete much better locally now (which is why we’re attracting good players from our own league) but we’re blown out the water if any club from the top 3 leagues in England take an interest 

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Sounds like your humble opinion rather than fact.  Is that right?

There's no facts about him leaving either.

All of this thread is conjecture and opinion

• davemclaren changed the title to Summer 24 Transfers - Beni signs 2 year deal