Summer 24 Transfers - Beni signs 2 year deal

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

johnking123
3 minutes ago, Carter said:

I'd be very surprised if Naismith sees Cammy Devlin in his strongest Hearts 11. 

Probably not. But is a great player to come of the bench. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• RustyRightPeg

• Batistuta87

• OTT

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

We have already signed three players and have a large squad.

Not really

Haring away

Halliday away

Dexter away

Beni away as it stands 

Shankland likley away

Cochrane away- Penrice replacing?

Halkett fitness unreliable,  Boyce playing a lesser role as well.

Imo Tagawa will also leave.

It's gonna be busier than folk think and Naismith can really stamp his style on the team.

ShedBoy

Next Saturday night after the Rangers game I want a vlad style 5 player reveal or GTF

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Carter said:

I'd be very surprised if Naismith sees Cammy Devlin in his strongest Hearts 11. 

I’d be very surprised if Steven Naismith recognised a first 11. We have a squad who will be rotated in line with the opposition we are playing.

i don’t think there is a such a thing in a strongest 11 these days however as it stands, with beni seemingly on the way out I’m pretty sure he is in the top 11

he very very clearly has been our best player the last few games and we’ve very clearly gotten worse every times he’s come off the pitch

19/05/2012
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Corey Addai 🧤 

Hopefully not he was awful against us in Pre season game looked like a outfield player in goal 

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Hopefully not he was awful against us in Pre season game looked like a outfield player in goal 

Football is evolving all the time…keepers are used as part of the back 3 or 4 now…playing out comfortably from the back.

19/05/2012
27 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Football is evolving all the time…keepers are used as part of the back 3 or 4 now…playing out comfortably from the back.

doesn’t apply if he can’t save shots 

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

doesn’t apply if he can’t save shots 

Pretty decent stats….

IMG_4068.thumb.png.5c2ecb61da7c65c681684cd9656542ba.png

lisburnjambo

The NI market has some very good young players. Wouldn’t cost a fortune either I’d assume. 

Bender
1 hour ago, lisburnjambo said:

The NI market has some very good young players. Wouldn’t cost a fortune either I’d assume. 

I've no idea how old they are but the Hale brothers were excellent in the Irish Cup Final on Saturday.

Absolute Scenes
4 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

What’s wrong with that?

Also, didn’t he score a winner about a day after he signed against rangers? Thats making an impact right away. 

I did say nothing wrong with that 😅

Batistuta87

Scott Fraser in the EEN saying he's been carrying an injury all season and hasn't shown what he can do. Article mentions a possible 2nd loan next season. Apparently our Recruitment / Management team have been "admirers" for a while and that he's been a long term target. 

Fair to say we haven't seen much from him but do we give him another chance on the basis that he does have more to offer, or do we move on?

theshed
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Scott Fraser in the EEN saying he's been carrying an injury all season and hasn't shown what he can do. Article mentions a possible 2nd loan next season. Apparently our Recruitment / Management team have been "admirers" for a while and that he's been a long term target. 

Fair to say we haven't seen much from him but do we give him another chance on the basis that he does have more to offer, or do we move on?

Injury or not he’s done nothing to justify keeping him on. Must be better than him out there 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Low risk and I have seen glimpses,  he likes to take the ball in tight areas and he's forward thinking. 

He's not played much, but another  loan is low risk so nothing to lose and all to gain.

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Bender said:

I've no idea how old they are but the Hale brothers were excellent in the Irish Cup Final on Saturday.

Aye, and they had decent "Pace"......

Bazzas right boot
15 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’d be very surprised if Steven Naismith recognised a first 11. We have a squad who will be rotated in line with the opposition we are playing.

i don’t think there is a such a thing in a strongest 11 these days however as it stands, with beni seemingly on the way out I’m pretty sure he is in the top 11

he very very clearly has been our best player the last few games and we’ve very clearly gotten worse every times he’s come off the pitch

Agreed.

It's a first 16- 18 now, then your floaters and spares. 

johnking123
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

No, seen nothing that would improve us. Made grant look good though.

Edited by johnking123

12 minutes ago, theshed said:

Injury or not he’s done nothing to justify keeping him on. Must be better than him out there 

Agree with what you say, So what is this mystery injury? Don’t think the management would risk playing someone not 100% fit, especially during the run in. 

RustyRightPeg
18 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I'd keep him, but only if it's another loan. I know his contracts up at the end of next season.  - either that or Charlton rip up his deal and we get him for nothing. Certainly wouldn't pay anything for him.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, sac said:

Agree with what you say, So what is this mystery injury? Don’t think the management would risk playing someone not 100% fit, especially during the run in. 

It's a calf injury he's been carrying. Says the last 2 weeks are the best he's felt all season. 

Wouldn't shock me to see him start on Saturday.

Chimp
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

I'd keep him, but only if it's another loan. I know his contracts up at the end of next season.  - either that or Charlton rip up his deal and we get him for nothing. Certainly wouldn't pay anything for him.

Based on what? Surely nothing to do with his performances here. If you've seen a fair bit of him previously fair enough.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Chimp said:

Based on what? Surely nothing to do with his performances here. If you've seen a fair bit of him previously fair enough.

Not based on what I've seen since January no. Seen plenty of him prior. I did think something was off in fairness, calf injury explains that. 

Chimp
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Not based on what I've seen since January no. Seen plenty of him prior. I did think something was off in fairness, calf injury explains that. 

What is he really good at? his main strengths. So far I've literally seen zilch.

boag1874
24 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Depends what he does in the next 3 games. As it stands though he hasn't done enough & the last thing we need is another player with injury problems.

Batistuta87
14 minutes ago, theshed said:

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Low risk and I have seen glimpses,  he likes to take the ball in tight areas and he's forward thinking. 

He's not played much, but another  loan is low risk so nothing to lose and all to gain.

Just now, johnking123 said:

No, seen nothing that would improve us. Made grant look very though.

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I'm struggling to see where he fits into the team next season if I'm honest and considering we'll need some versatile players next season to fill the Euro squad and to keep us strong enough domestically whilst going through the Euros - and I don't think he fits that bill. No chance I'd be paying a fee so would need to be a loan which yes is lower risk, but with Dhanda and Spittal arriving, and with Grant and Tait already here and all four of them (+ Fraser = 5) potentially competing for a position we don't always play (an 8 / 10), I don't think he really gets a game unless he's significantly better than he's been. We're not exactly overloaded with wingers so I'd rather send him back, bring Dhanda and Spittal in with Grant and Tait as backup, and give his place to someone who could play R/L/CM. 

munro9
36 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Why did we take a player on loan who has a long term injury?

An agreement that the loan could be extended or we’d have the option to buy? 
seems strange!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Cosgrove looked a real handful for Barnsley. Knows the league, scored regularly in it and would be a decent option as part of 4 strikers, we arent replacing Shankland like for like unless we get the high profile loan route

cosanostra

Not for me. He's shown nothing worthwhile keeping. Rather give the young guys a chance.

Batistuta87
9 minutes ago, munro9 said:

Why did we take a player on loan who has a long term injury?

An agreement that the loan could be extended or we’d have the option to buy? 
seems strange!

Think he's been fit enough but has maybe had it niggling. He played a run of games when he first arrived so must have been fit enough.

Also think part of him coming here was to get some game time and to get up to full fitness and maybe earn a move next season. Hasn't quite worked out like that though for me. 

TheBigO
18 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Record reporting Gogic has signed a new deal at St Mirren but Strain and Baccus will both likely be leaving for free. 

Would take Strain in a heartbeat, but my guess is he'll have his eyes fixed down south.

Baccus is a good player too, who I like, not sure we need him though.  If we sign for midfield, we really need to aim to up a level and I'm not sure he does that.  I'd have Cam or Newy above him, even if only slightly.

TheBigO
33 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Hmm interesting.  I mean I wouldn't be keeping him, not sure who would from our fanbase (apart from you!), but then we don't see the guy every day.  I always say we have to bow to the management team especially on a loan conversion cos they've had the guy in for an extended trial essentially.  If they like what they've seen, even with the caveat of an injury, then we all cool.

He's certainly done nowt on the park to deserve a contract.  But then if he gets clear of injury, has (the clichéd!) preseason under his belt with the squad, then we could have a good'un already in the building.

Taffin
16 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not really

Haring away

Halliday away

Dexter away

Beni away as it stands 

Shankland likley away

Cochrane away- Penrice replacing?

Halkett fitness unreliable,  Boyce playing a lesser role as well.

Imo Tagawa will also leave.

It's gonna be busier than folk think and Naismith can really stamp his style on the team.

I'm of the same view. There's going to be a lot of activity I think.

To avoid going backwards we're going to have to spend a fair few pennies. Looking forward to who comes in, could be exciting.

Bender
59 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Some have criticised the contribution of Jorge Grant but it would be madness to bring in Scott Fraser when we have a better alternative already at the club.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Taffin said:

I'm of the same view. There's going to be a lot of activity I think.

To avoid going backwards we're going to have to spend a fair few pennies. Looking forward to who comes in, could be exciting.

It's gonna be very exciting.

I still think we're playing within ourselves. Once Naismith gets the players in, particularly midfield who can play the way he wants I think we go to the next level. 

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Hmm interesting.  I mean I wouldn't be keeping him, not sure who would from our fanbase (apart from you!), but then we don't see the guy every day.  I always say we have to bow to the management team especially on a loan conversion cos they've had the guy in for an extended trial essentially.  If they like what they've seen, even with the caveat of an injury, then we all cool.

He's certainly done nowt on the park to deserve a contract.  But then if he gets clear of injury, has (the clichéd!) preseason under his belt with the squad, then we could have a good'un already in the building.

Controversial, and some might screw their nose up but I think a fully fit Fraser offers more than Grant does. 

Chimp
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Controversial, and some might screw their nose up but I think a fully fit Fraser offers more than Grant does. 

What does he offer though? I'm genuinely curious as I haven't seen him at all before coming to us. If you've seen plenty of him what is it that he hasn't shown so far

Kennyfragg13

Heard hearts have come in with new offer to shankland 14k a week , it was on 5 live ,hearts supporting journalist

Batistuta87
Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Hotel maybe looking for porters?

He'd drop everyone's bags. 

And his positioning was so poor that folk would be checking in to Tynecastle and he'd be sitting waiting on them at the Marriott in Glasgow.

Edited by Batistuta87

Batistuta87

Gogic has signed a new with St Mirren, for all the maddos who wanted Hearts to sign him. 

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Gogic has signed a new with St Mirren, for all the maddos who wanted Hearts to sign him. 

:lol: I was more concerned about McInnes getting his hands on him! 

Happy with that!

Taffin
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It's gonna be very exciting.

I still think we're playing within ourselves. Once Naismith gets the players in, particularly midfield who can play the way he wants I think we go to the next level. 

Yeh, I'm really looking forward to it. I didn't want Naismith, not because I didn't think he'd become good, but because I wanted an experienced manager who'd coached in Europe before. Naisy has a year under his belt now and (sort of) experience from Europe last year and doing the business. Whilst I'd love to keep those we look like losing I can't wait to see their replacements and see us being a bit more combative in Europe this year to hit the ground running 🎉🙌

Edited by Taffin

Jamboross

If Fraser can show something in the next few games then I'd be open to him coming back on loan, thought he looked slightly better in the last couple of appearances although that's admittedly against a fairly low bar. If nothing else he provides cover and is another Scottish player for European squad requirements. 

Horatio Caine
Just now, Chimp said:

What does he offer though? I'm genuinely curious as I haven't seen him at all before coming to us. If you've seen plenty of him what is it that he hasn't shown so far

If, as the EEN article says, he's been carrying an injury, then he won't have been at his best; plus, maybe all his recent uncertainties at his parent club have unsettled him.  Does no harm to give him another season of loan when he can settle in and get fully fit.  Give the guy a chance.

savage

Fraser came with a decent pedigree and I think with a full or season with us he could be a useful addition next season

Chimp
1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

If, as the EEN article says, he's been carrying an injury, then he won't have been at his best; plus, maybe all his recent uncertainties at his parent club have unsettled him.  Does no harm to give him another season of loan when he can settle in and get fully fit.  Give the guy a chance.

I'm not talking about what the EEN article says. I'm asking someone who has watched a lot of him previously to tell me what his strengths are and what he offers because I haven't seen anything yet. How is that not giving the guy a chance by asking a question about his qualities because he's not shown any so far at Hearts?

• davemclaren changed the title to Summer 24 Transfers - Beni signs 2 year deal