Jimmy Dunne

Herbert.

Pans Jambo

He's only 26 (27 in October this year). Still in his prime.

He most certainly could 'do a job'.

Make it so Hearts.

Bet he would love a crack at some European group stage football next season :cheese:

Wages as usual will be the stumbling block I'd imagine. 

But yeah, if he was keen on a return a back 3 of Kent, Dunne & Rowles ain't conceding many goals :lol: 

5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

QPR have an option. 

The 23-year-old moves to West London on a three-year contract with Rangers having the option to extend the deal by a further 12 months.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57823047

Well... it was fun while it lasted :( 

Then again, if they get demoted it might mean he'd take a wage hit... 

Edited by OTT

HeartsandonlyHearts

Only if he promises not to bum up the butt cheeks every time we play them.

rudi must stay

Wouldn't want him. The defence isn't the problem you've got Halkett, Rowles and Frankie Kent and Neilson if you recall him. Even Sibbick can play centre-back 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, rudi must stay said:

Wouldn't want him. The defence isn't the problem you've got Halkett, Rowles and Frankie Kent and Neilson if you recall him. Even Sibbick can play centre-back 

If Sibbick is at cb we have a problem.

rudi must stay
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

If Sibbick is at cb we have a problem.

I think he gets bored there he is a technical player

PapaShango

I have high hopes for Neilson, he has the stature and the raw tools to be a great player. Obviously needs bedded in being a defender but he could be the next one to really step up a level when he returns from his loan. 

2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I have high hopes for Neilson, he has the stature and the raw tools to be a great player. Obviously needs bedded in being a defender but he could be the next one to really step up a level when he returns from his loan. 

any time I see him mentioned in relation to how he's doing at partick i's always extremely positive, if he keeps going like he is there then we should have a good'un on our hands

The White Cockade

i’m very hopeful that Neilson will turn out to be a top player

He’s a real unit with good pace and quality on the ball who has been having a great season in the Championship 

With Kent, Rowles, Halkett and Kingsley already here can’t see us even looking at Jimmy

He was great in his short spell with us but think that boat has sailed and we probably couldn’t pay his wages anyway 

PapaShango
1 minute ago, Gav M said:

any time I see him mentioned in relation to how he's doing at partick i's always extremely positive, if he keeps going like he is there then we should have a good'un on our hands

He had a few decent games at Hearts but due to injuries etc. he seemed to get used far too often and played with centre halfs that were just as inexperienced. A run of games in the Championship will have done him the world of good. He always looked cracking on the ball and strong as an ox for his age. 

Just now, PapaShango said:

He had a few decent games at Hearts but due to injuries etc. he seemed to get used far too often and played with centre halfs that were just as inexperienced. A run of games in the Championship will have done him the world of good. He always looked cracking on the ball and strong as an ox for his age. 

agreed, as you say, it was more of a refinement of his qualities and steady game time that was required

Personally prefer both Halkett and Kingsley to Dunne. Assuming no departures centre back probably the last position we need to recruit for. Even if Sibbick were to leave, we'll likely be adding Lewis Neilson to the first team squad.

Fort Vallance

I'd take him back in a minute. But the money he could make in the Championship would be more than we're expecting Shankland to sign for. Never going to happen.

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

QPR have an option. 

Party pooper

25 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Personally prefer both Halkett and Kingsley to Dunne. Assuming no departures centre back probably the last position we need to recruit for. Even if Sibbick were to leave, we'll likely be adding Lewis Neilson to the first team squad.

Since the start of last season Halkett has played 890 minutes which is the equivalent of 10 matches. He also missed 9 games towards the end of the season before that. He’s getting scans on his injury from the weekend today, hopefully he’s back in training quickly.

For me if we’re planning our squad going into next season we need to view Halkett as a bonus player rather than one of our four centre back options. 

Rabbie_Burns

I for one would be absolutely delighted to see him back at Hearts..

A credit to the club whilst he was here 🇱🇻👏

johnking123

Have to start giving Neilson game time next season. Hopefully with Kent talking to him through games. It will improve him. Only another CB if Halkett is screwed again.

Did he not say he would come back one day?

A back 3 of Halkett Dunne Kent with Nelson as back up. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I think he gets bored there he is a technical player

Ffs, that's the best excuse yet.

He gets bored.

Benny Klack

I liked Dunne but if we are going to look at spending the sort of wage he commands, I’d rather we spent it elsewhere in the team. 

AC Mallin_51

Can’t see it due to the fact we have 4 pretty solid CBs already. Jimmy was class though, wouldn certainly welcome it 

Lone Striker
4 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Since the start of last season Halkett has played 890 minutes which is the equivalent of 10 matches. He also missed 9 games towards the end of the season before that. He’s getting scans on his injury from the weekend today, hopefully he’s back in training quickly.

For me if we’re planning our squad going into next season we need to view Halkett as a bonus player rather than one of our four centre back options. 

Agree with your last sentence.  Its a shame for Halks, he's a great defender.  But thats 3 (maybe 4) breakdowns he's had in the last  3 years.

Chuck Berry

Hopefully Lewis Neilson steps up.  It's what we need to do, just like with Tait & Denholm this season, he certainly has the attributes to succeed.

He'll be 21 with a season in the Championship under his belt.

Kent, Rowles, Halkett, Neilson, with Kingsley able to fill-in at CH as well.  Job done.

vladisacoward
7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Love big Jimmy Dunne . He will have aspirations of a higher lever for a bit yet I reckon 

QPR?

cosanostra

I can see Toby moving on in the summer and Neilson stepping up into his place. The volume of injuries that Halkett is starting to accumulate is definitely a worry. 

I can see us signing another centre half in the summer. Doubt we can afford Jimmy though.

7 minutes ago, vladisacoward said:

QPR?

I expect he feels he can go higher than that going in to his prime years 

vladisacoward
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I expect he feels he can go higher than that going in to his prime years 

Fair enough. I was taking issue with the idea that qpr were a higher level than HMFC.

cosanostra

Loved Jimmy Dunne when he was with us. He was big, aggressive and just loved to defend. Great in the air and played for the jersey. 

He'd be welcome back any time.

2 minutes ago, vladisacoward said:

Fair enough. I was taking issue with the idea that qpr were a higher level than HMFC.

No , but sadly they have the potential to be thanks to the ridiculous money down there . Things are distorted due to the media deals down there and players a lot worse than Jimmy will be earning multiples of what we can offer I expect . Surely he is a good pick up for someone down there