Meeting players before the game??

Whitecapjambo

Whitecapjambo

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone knew of the time/place the players arrive to stadium on a match day, and whether you are able to get close to them for an autograph/picture? Heading over for the game this weekend with my 9 year old and he was mad to meet Shankland. I've finally got him hooked on Hearts, hard to compete with all the Engliah premier league clubs his mates support living here in Ireland, but he's well into it now, just trying to cement the brainwashing this weekend. Thanks in advance for any info. Cheers, WCJ

4 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

I meet them on grinder.

Dude, hes asking for his 9 year old kid!!! 

:wtf:

PapaShango
8 minutes ago, Whitecapjambo said:

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone knew of the time/place the players arrive to stadium on a match day, and whether you are able to get close to them for an autograph/picture? Heading over for the game this weekend with my 9 year old and he was mad to meet Shankland. I've finally got him hooked on Hearts, hard to compete with all the Engliah premier league clubs his mates support living here in Ireland, but he's well into it now, just trying to cement the brainwashing this weekend. Thanks in advance for any info. Cheers, WCJ

Not sure at home games but away games the bus is usually in around 90 minutes before kick off. I've been at an away game this season and Shankland was more than happy to stop and give my son an autograph. You do generally need to ask them though, most have the head down walking in. I know some go around to the car park after home games and get players coming out in their cars, we've manged to get Gordon and Kinglsey to stop for signatures there.. You could also walk into the reception of the main stand and try and get some that way coming out of the hospitality suites. 

Jim_Duncan

He’ll be available for about 45 mins from 3pm-3.45pm, just wandering aimlessly about the bit of grass in the middle of the stadium. Could grab him then. Don’t bother him from 4pm onwards. That’s when the magic happens. 

10 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

He’ll be available for about 45 mins from 3pm-3.45pm, just wandering aimlessly about the bit of grass in the middle of the stadium. Could grab him then. Don’t bother him from 4pm onwards. That’s when the magic happens. 

:clap: 

Jim_Duncan
6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:clap: 

You know it, I know it, even Motherwell know it. 

AlimOzturk
25 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Dude, hes asking for his 9 year old kid!!! 

:wtf:

:rofl:

just a bit creepy. 

Cairneyhill Jambo

The players normally arrive and park behind the Wheatfield Stand, just at Wheatfield Street/Place.

Not sure about times though.  There's usually a few folk hanging about waiting for autographs.

Edited by Cairneyhill Jambo

Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, Whitecapjambo said:

Hi folks,

Players arrive early doors,sometimes car share,they can arrive through front and back,certain amount of cars allowed in at the back gates of Wheatfield.

Get there early and you will get a few between half 12 and 1 o'clock.

Are you in Edinburgh before Saturday? 

As i could set up for you,to meet them before Saturdays game,at training ground.

1 hour ago, Herbert. said:

I meet them on grinder.

There really are some very strange people on this forum :facepalm:

3 hours ago, Whitecapjambo said:

Hi folks,

If you are in the stadium early you should be able get pics etc with players when they come out/leave the pre-match warm-up.

Or as others said, possibly at the carpark entrance. 

1 hour ago, Firefox said:

There really are some very strange people on this forum :facepalm:

I remember you 😘

Muppetboy

Yeah my laddie likes to be at the players car park at the wheatfield turnstiles, it's early tho, about 1 to 1.30. Met Boyce and beni amongst others.  My laddie is autistic so it's like a pre game ritual for him, spot the players in their flash cars upon approaching stadium. Boys are usually brilliant 

jimbojambo
6 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Yeah my laddie likes to be at the players car park at the wheatfield turnstiles, it's early tho, about 1 to 1.30. Met Boyce and beni amongst others.  My laddie is autistic so it's like a pre game ritual for him, spot the players in their flash cars upon approaching stadium. Boys are usually brilliant 

The players seem a good bunch and get on well together. Hearts have been brilliant in regards to my autistic grandson and I can't speak highly enough of them. We genuinely have great people in situ from top to bottom 

1971fozzy

I sit in the main stand and usually plenty kids go down by the dug out and players stop when they go out and then in from their warm up but that’s maybe risky for getting Shankland. Not sure where your sitting but it’s a thought 🤷🏻‍♂️ good luck.

if your on Twitter maybe message him (if it’s possible to do that ?)

Edited by 1971fozzy

Whitecapjambo

Cheers for the replies folks. @Bongo 1874, thanks for the offer but we're doing the family visiting rounds for a few days before Saturday. I'll head up early and see how we get on.