Today's attendance

Gorgiewave

5 hours ago, Dunks said:

4,500 Hearts fans according to Hearts Standard.

Excellent turnout given the travel problems yesterday. 

davemclaren
Just now, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Must have been knocking on 7k

I guessed about 6000ish. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I guessed about 6000ish. 

I was working on basis of 10k stadium, admittedly I have no idea if it is a 10k stadium!

Must have been nearly 10,000 Hearts fans on the road over the 3 away games in the last 8 days. That's a great effort.

Libertarian

The capacity is just over 10,000. If the east and west stands each hold 3,000 and the stands behind the goals 2,000 each this would suggest an attendance of around 7,500

17 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

The capacity is just over 10,000. If the east and west stands each hold 3,000 and the stands behind the goals 2,000 each this would suggest an attendance of around 7,500

While it wasn't a poor home crowd by any stretch, I'd be surprised if there were 3,000 home fans considering the gaps you could see from the east stand.

Fxxx the SPFL

it quoted something like 4,308 for the Celtic game on sportscene last night

PapaShango

Looked more Airdrie fans there yesterday than any of those horrendous semi finals in the 90's. 

rudeskaboyuk

I certainly prefer this ground to the horrible tight decrepit Broomfield. If they had dismantled the wee Wendy house and rebuilt it within one of the open corners it would have given this place a much better identity. 

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Brilliant Hearts crowd through there yesterday 

Give yourself a pat on the back why don't you? 😀 Only joshing.

(Mind you, you all deserve it, especially those on the Waverley to Airdrie bullet-train)

Greenock here we come!!!

Hey! It's a Friday night for our trip to the rock? You'll be lucky to get back home. Lol.

Am I getting mixed up with Dumbarton?

🤪

Edited by Wee Mikey

Mikey1874

Greenock to Edinburgh by train on a Friday night is possible even with extra time and penalties.

Just. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Looked more Airdrie fans there yesterday than any of those horrendous semi finals in the 90's. 

Please 🙏 stop mentioning those semi finals ...the thought of them still give me the fear 😬

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

(Mind you, you all deserve it, especially those on the Waverley to Airdrie bullet-train)

Greenock here we come!!!

Hey! It's a Friday night for our trip to the rock? You'll be lucky to get back home. Lol.

🤪

You are, close enough though

Libertarian
8 hours ago, Bender said:

While it wasn't a poor home crowd by any stretch, I'd be surprised if there were 3,000 home fans considering the gaps you could see from the east stand.

I was in the South Stand behind the goals. I thought that the Airdrie stand looked quite full. However you would have had a much better view from the East Stand. It's a shame as I remember Airdrie at Broomfield always had a reasonably good support of around 3,000. 

Attendance was 6,555. So possibly just over 2,000 Airdrie fans which is a very good uplift on their usual home support.

davemclaren
38 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Attendance was 6,555. So possibly just over 2,000 Airdrie fans which is a very good uplift on their usual home support.

👍

Jambos dad
On 12/02/2024 at 16:55, Wee Mikey said:

Greenock here we come!!!

🤪

Have the dates for the fixtures been released yet? 

2 minutes ago, Jambos dad said:

Have the dates for the fixtures been released yet? 

Weekend of Saturday 9th March but who knows when they will be played.

Jambos dad
Just now, cazzyy said:

Weekend of Saturday 9th March but who knows when they will be played.

Yeah Cazzyy, it was the individual matches I was meaning. Wonder if Viaplay will pick the 2 old firm matches for a change?

Jambo in Bathgate
2 hours ago, Jambos dad said:

Yeah Cazzyy, it was the individual matches I was meaning. Wonder if Viaplay will pick the 2 old firm matches for a change?

Could be all four games on TV. Viaplay for Rangers and Celtic matches as usual. The others on BBC. We could be playing on Friday night or 12noon KO on Saturday. 

On 12/02/2024 at 20:35, Libertarian said:

I was in the South Stand behind the goals. I thought that the Airdrie stand looked quite full. However you would have had a much better view from the East Stand. It's a shame as I remember Airdrie at Broomfield always had a reasonably good support of around 3,000. 

It was probably 4/5ths full. But there were patches of empty seats here and there. Again, not a bad home crowd when you think of what Livingston or Ross County bring to their home games.

Gorgiewave
14 hours ago, JALBO said:

Thank you.

21 hours ago, Jambos dad said:

Ah right, yeh no clue about that.

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Is it still the case both clubs share the gate  from the game?

Yes

AlimOzturk

Got to wonder if these smaller clubs hope they get a big draw at one of the bigger stadiums in Scotland. Must make a big difference In their incomes. 

Mikey1874
25 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Got to wonder if these smaller clubs hope they get a big draw at one of the bigger stadiums in Scotland. Must make a big difference In their incomes. 

Massive for Livingston I'd say after reports they have been struggling.

Sandy Beech
On 12/02/2024 at 12:49, Mikey1874 said:

Airdrie fan said attendance was 7734.

The BBC website figure (6555) was completely incorrect. 

Hearts sold near enough 4600 tickets (2800 East Stand + 1800 North Stand). The main stand actually holds 3700, and Airdrie sold 3100 odd in there... take away block A (reserved for press spillover) 250 + a few rows behind each dugout and odd seats here and there = deduct 600 off that 3700. 

On 15/02/2024 at 11:39, AlimOzturk said:

Absolutely, same in England.  Maidstone who play in the 6th tier in England would have been absolutely hoping for an away draw to a team like City, Liverpool, Man U etc, they seemed almost gutted that they only got Coventry away, but that will still be a huge pay day for them.

Wee Mikey
5 hours ago, RobNox said:

Absolutely, same in England.  Maidstone who play in the 6th tier in England would have been absolutely hoping for an away draw to a team like City, Liverpool, Man U etc, they seemed almost gutted that they only got Coventry away, but that will still be a huge pay day for them.

On the other hand, a better chance of winning.