Christian Bale

rudi must stay

rudi must stay

Playing Frankenstein's creature. Filming starts in a few weeks. I think he's a great choice  

PortyJambo

Great actor, have enjoyed just about everything he's been in. Although, as some say he's a method actor, I hope he doesn't go full method to play the monster :wow:

rudi must stay
Just now, Morgan said:

Didn’t try a leg for Real Madrid.

Good golfer, like.

I mean Christian Bale not Gareth Bale 

Day@theraces
34 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

I watched a re-run of American psycho last week. Great film. 

Great actor. 

The business card scene always gets me.

hughesie27
9 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

That would be DiCaprio

Tough one but I think Bale gets it for sheer diversity. 

Di Caprio deserved an Oscar for Wolf of Wall Street and ended up getting one for Grunting his way through The Reverant.

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Tough one but I think Bale gets it for sheer diversity. 

Di Caprio deserved an Oscar for Wolf of Wall Street and ended up getting one for Grunting his way through The Reverant.

Just one example of DiCaprio from 'once upon a time in Hollywood' which is great film I would recommend to anybody who hasn't seen it. In this scene he's playing an actor acting as a cowboy, and brilliantly. Then when they call cut he switches to another entirely different character also brilliantly acted. This is top class.

And incidentally I like Bale and always have, but think DiCaprio is on another level.

New Town Loafer

Superb actor and agree with him being the best actor of his generation.

3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Just one example of DiCaprio from 'once upon a time in Hollywood' which is great film I would recommend to anybody who hasn't seen it. In this scene he's playing an actor acting as a cowboy, and brilliantly. Then when they call cut he switches to another entirely different character also brilliantly acted. This is top class.

And incidentally I like Bale and always have, but think DiCaprio is on another level.

Er, you have noticed that Batman is 2 completely different characters?

Jim_Duncan
9 hours ago, Day@theraces said:

Best actor of this generation imo.

6 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

That would be DiCaprio

They’re both excellent. Why does one need to be better than the other?

Both good but it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out they've been Gary Oldman all this time. 

heatonjambo
11 hours ago, Tazio said:

😂

rudi must stay

Who's better out of Bale and DiCaprio. I'd go with DiCaprio, there is a scene when he's flying a plane in The Aviator, now thats not part of the actors job description. He is honestly unreal and I would say it's the best acting I've ever seen. 

Greedy Jambo
15 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Who's better out of Bale and DiCaprio. I'd go with DiCaprio, there is a scene when he's flying a plane in The Aviator, now thats not part of the actors job description. He is honestly unreal and I would say it's the best acting I've ever seen. 

Bale.

il Duce McTarkin
19 hours ago, Tazio said:

:lol:

14 hours ago, Norm said:

Both good but it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out they've been Gary Oldman all this time. 

7 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

He is honestly unreal and I would say it's the best acting I've ever seen. 

No, THIS is the best acting you've ever seen. 

jKw1nH.gif

Top, gun, actor.

11 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

In this scene from 'Django Unchained' at the beginning of teh scene you will see him slap his hand down on the table and hear glass break. He actually broke a glass and cut his hand on it which begins to bleed.

Obviously that wasn't scripted but they just kept right on filming while he totally stayed in character never losing a beat. Initially just looking at the hand to see how bad it was while carrying right on with the dialogue.

After examining the hand and presumably deciding he would live he just kept right on working the scene in which he's the one doing almost all the talking for minutes. 

He then proceeds to work it further into the scene by smearing his bloody hand across actress Kerry Washington playing Broom Hilda's face. Her horrified reaction wasn't acting.

An amazing and now legendary piece of improv acting and I would also give credit to the rest who also stayed in character right from the get go. Big call out to Kerry Washington.

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

In this scene from 'Django Unchained' at the beginning of teh scene you will see him slap his hand down on the table and hear glass break. He actually broke a glass and cut his hand on it which begins to bleed.

Obviously that wasn't scripted but they just kept right on filming while he totally stayed in character never losing a beat. Initially just looking at the hand to see how bad it was while carrying right on with the dialogue.

After examining the hand and presumably deciding he would live he just kept right on working the scene in which he's the one doing almost all the talking for minutes. 

He then proceeds to work it further into the scene by smearing his bloody hand across actress Kerry Washington playing Broom Hilda's face. Her horrified reaction wasn't acting.

An amazing and now legendary piece of improv acting and I would also give credit to the rest who also stayed in character right from the get go. Big call out to Kerry Washington.

Smearing your blood on someone's face without their prior consent is bang out of order TBH, whether in character or not.

Day@theraces
13 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

No, THIS is the best acting you've ever seen. 

jKw1nH.gif

Top, gun, actor.

He showed his loyalty to me last night by sucking my cock 

Day@theraces
6 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Smearing your blood on someone's face without their prior consent is bang out of order TBH, whether in character or not.

Agreed, and the amount of women he goes through you don't know what he may be spreading.

Watt-Zeefuik
On 12/02/2024 at 18:12, Ray Gin said:

meuiptev88h41.jpg

Di Caprio is brilliant but he doesn't have this level of dedication to his roles.

Needs more Newsies or GTF

Pin on majuh heart eyes

20 hours ago, Day@theraces said:

Quite the hard one you've had for me recently Morgan.

Don’t be so silly, Daisy.

I like classy people.  👍

Day@theraces
On 12/02/2024 at 23:12, Ray Gin said:

meuiptev88h41.jpg

Di Caprio is brilliant but he doesn't have this level of dedication to his roles.

His dedication is something to be admired. Sure I read for the Machinist his diet was coffee and an apple a day. Obviously can't be healthy fluctuating weight like that. But he still looks great.

PaddysBar
1 hour ago, Day@theraces said:

His dedication is something to be admired. Sure I read for the Machinist his diet was coffee and an apple a day. Obviously can't be healthy fluctuating weight like that. But he still looks great.

I’m sure de Niro gained three stone for Raging Bull. 

Must watch that film again. 

John Findlay

I think Robert Downey Jnr is a fantastic actor, and alot of the time doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Also, when making mention of 'once upon a time in Hollywood' I should have mentioned that this dog is a great actor, doesn't get enough credit for acting Brad Pitt off the screen in this scene.

Or for ripping the nuts off a home invader in a later scene. That's hard to watch without feeling a shade squeamish.

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood - Cliff and Brandy

hughesie27
10 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Also, when making mention of 'once upon a time in Hollywood' I should have mentioned that this dog is a great actor, doesn't get enough credit for acting Brad Pitt off the screen in this scene.

Or for ripping the nuts off a home invader in a later scene. That's hard to watch without feeling a shade squeamish.

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood - Cliff and Brandy

A well written scene but the majority of the dogs parts are just cut away shots to it reacting to "something" for a second. Then back to Pitt to continue the scene.

14 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

A well written scene but the majority of the dogs parts are just cut away shots to it reacting to "something" for a second. Then back to Pitt to continue the scene.

I know, and he played his parts well despite the fact he was an amateur actor in his first role. 😉

Apparently Pitt took a shine to him and spent time bonding with him.