7 wins on the bounce

jamdunc

We won 8 on the trop under Burley, undefeated in more. That was in the league. I think we are 5 wins in a row in the league just now?

Another crazy Stat is that Shankland has scored 19 goals in his last 19 games for us!!! 

Benny Klack

Stuff of dreams just now - Shankland is so confident at the moment, brilliant time to be  a Jambo 👍

Telford_jambo123

Surely it would of been when we were in the championship during the 2014/15 season

Some run we are on just now , it breeds confidence within the team and I think we are seeing that at the moment. 

24 minutes ago, Telford_jambo123 said:

Surely it would of been when we were in the championship during the 2014/15 season

True, but we're talking top flight, rather than that Championship season when we were up against also rans like Rangers and Hibs.  Oh wait...

I think this win now makes it 6 consecutive away wins, when did we last manage that?

Benny Klack

Mental to think that we still have Barrie McKay, Boyce and Devlin still all to come back - 3 players that would walk into any other team in the league outside the OF.

For all the slagging Savage etc get on here we have an excellent exciting squad.

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
57 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Stuff of dreams just now - Shankland is so confident at the moment, brilliant time to be  a Jambo 👍

Too right it is. Loving it just now. Could 100% get used to this week in/week out. 

We're doing really well. We do have an absolutely horrid trio of games coming up at the end of the month -Rangers away, hibs at home & Celtic at home. 

We've done pretty well against them, so hopefully we can keep that form going. 

Edited by OTT

I'd also say that we have a strong starting 11 and another good 6 or 7 players who are on the bench. Not many teams up here like that.

WWWDWWWWWWW

Outstanding form apart from the 2 points dropped v Ross County

Superb Hearts. 🇱🇻❤️🇱🇻

JamboJoker98
Just now, JAYEL said:

WWWDWWWWWWW

Outstanding form apart from the 2 points dropped v Ross County

Superb Hearts. 🇱🇻❤️🇱🇻

And just thinking now the ref/VAR bottled giving us a penalty that (if converted) would have won us that game as it turns out

gordiegords

10 wins out of 11 wins away or something? That’s unheard of for us long may it continue HHGH.

Really enjoying watching us right now. Starting to see goals from other players in the team, alongside Shankland's unbelievable form.

Do Savage and the recruitment team get some credit now? We've got a very capable squad and plenty of players with scope to develop.

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

I think this win now makes it 6 consecutive away wins, when did we last manage that?

It's 7. Celtic, Hibs, Livi, Spartans, Dundee, St. Johnstone and Airdrie.

27 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Really enjoying watching us right now. Starting to see goals from other players in the team, alongside Shankland's unbelievable form.

Do Savage and the recruitment team get some credit now? We've got a very capable squad and plenty of players with scope to develop.

Yes goals are coming from other players as well. It’s getting better and better with each game. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
1 hour ago, OTT said:

We're doing really well. We do have an absolutely horrid trio of games coming up at the end of the month -Rangers away, hibs at home & Celtic at home. 

9 points from those 3 matches.

And JKB being JKB there is a mass brawl about whose fault it is we didn’t win the league.  I blame Cathro.

That first goal today actually reminded me of the Burley team, a maroon wave all attacking together, running at pace, options everywhere. That’s the football I love to see.

Maple Leaf

Our current winning streak is a joy to behold.

After all the turmoil in recent years, it's really is exciting to watch us, knowing that whomever we're playing, home or away, we have a good chance of winning.

HHGH and FTH

queensferryjambo
7 hours ago, jamdunc said:

Some feat. When did we last do that? My guess is the Burley days. 

We won 8 games in a row under Levein at the season 2018/19 (10 if you count penalty win in league cup).

In fact we won 12 out of the first 13 if you count a win on penalties in league cup if not it was 11 wins out of 13.

It was only one defeat in the first 16 with 14 wins (13 if you don't count league cup pen win) with only one defeat to Rangers at Ibrox. 

Either way it was an incredible start to a season.

Odd so may people forget this run considering it wasn't that long ago and also that nobody forgets the Burley run that was 13 years earlier than the Levein one. 

image.thumb.png.24ac92944ab903b656ed11141780fc17.png

gregzy2k7
8 hours ago, Benny Klack said:

Bloody marvelous isn't it? It's so weird thinking that Shankland is going to score in pretty much every game and also that we will win about 90% of games, but I've honestly never felt as confident as a Hearts fan since the burley days at the minute.

8 hours ago, OTT said:

Genuinely fancy us in both home games.  I hope those that can get friends and family with points to get tickets for those fans not on 15lps for the celtic game and sell it out as that's the difference a full house against them we will beat them.  The ghost of that 4 nil still haunts Rodgers I'm sure.  Rangers away I'd take a draw but were playing with such confidence we have no reason to go there and do what we did at parkhead. 9 points minimum 🤣😎

2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

We won 8 games in a row under Levein at the season 2018/19 (10 if you count penalty win in league cup).

In fact we won 12 out of the first 13 if you count a win on penalties in league cup if not it was 11 wins out of 13.

It was only one defeat in the first 16 with 14 wins (13 if you don't count league cup pen win) with only one defeat to Rangers at Ibrox. 

Either way it was an incredible start to a season.

Odd so may people forget this run considering it wasn't that long ago and also that nobody forgets the Burley run that was 13 years earlier than the Levein one. 

image.thumb.png.24ac92944ab903b656ed11141780fc17.png

And then Naismith got injured at Murrayfield and everything actually did fall apart 😭

tiger Rudi
12 hours ago, OTT said:

Just hope we can sort the defence out a bit. We have looked pretty slack of late. Need to be far better in this next run of games. Atkinson, Kent and Rowles need to be back in for me and we need some consistency in selection at the back. 

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

9 points from those 3 matches.

And JKB being JKB there is a mass brawl about whose fault it is we didn’t win the league.  I blame Cathro.

Fatty Shanklands fault and naeclue for our shite start imo.

Motherwell first, but if we got 3/3 from they fixtures Imight just spontaneously combust.

Win v Motherwell could have us on the combined points of Aberdeen and hibs!

Nb, just noticed they play each other on Sat, so not possible this weekend. 

RustyRightPeg
15 hours ago, RS86 said:

Don't be silly. 

They'll be players that Naismith recommended. 

::troll::

Jim_Duncan
19 hours ago, OTT said:

There’ll come a time when we lose a couple of games and folk will be calling for Naismith’s head again. 

Ex member of the SaS

There is no doubt we will lose a game sooner or later, As long as we lose because the opposition is better rather than some stupid tactic or team selection then we will get over it. SN has a lot to learn with making subs but hopefully that will come, just keep Tagawa out of the team and we should be fine.

Quick look through my season by seasons book post-war for consecutive away wins and it seems to be as follows: Can Davy at the Hearts museum confirm?

Nine away wins in a row in 2014-15 Championship from Nov 15th to Mar 17th

Six away wins in a row in 2010-11 Premier League from Oct 16th to Jan 18th 

Six away wins in a row twice in 1991-92 Premier League from Aug 10th to Sept 28th and then Nov 20th to Jan 4th

Seven away League wins in a row in 1977-78 First division from Nov 19th to Mar 15th

Six Away League wins in a row in 1963-64 First Division from Feb 1st to Apr 4th

Eight away League and Scottish Cup wins in a row in 1957-58 from Dec 7th to Feb 22nd

ScandinavianJambo
6 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

There is no doubt we will lose a game sooner or later, As long as we lose because the opposition is better rather than some stupid tactic or team selection then we will get over it. SN has a lot to learn with making subs but hopefully that will come, just keep Tagawa out of the team and we should be fine.

Hmm and who will be the judge to say if it was a tactical mistake or opposition who was better? You do get that this would be a subjective call? 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

What a load of shite.

7 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Don't get him started again!

8 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

As good as a man short, IMO.

18 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

It’s easy to forget that 17/18 run because of how badly we capitulated after Naisy got injured at Murrayfield. Berra was like a brick wall

i might be getting my wires crossed with the 18/19 season there

Edited by BigAlim

Threedoorsdown
On 11/02/2024 at 20:45, OTT said:

The good thing about those fixtures is Kilmarnock have Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen in the same weeks.