Sky Stream?

Boozyuzi

Anyone got Sky Stream and how do they find it? 

Time to move from Sky HD but not sure if I'm going Q or Stream,  price I've been quoted for Stream is nuts and they seem to pushing against keeping HD. Fair enough, its had its day and served us well. 

Get the Q since it's via a dish for sport channels.

The Stream if you want to watch live sport is at least 30 secs behind, it's like using the mobile app. The lag might get a little better in the future, but it won't be on par with Virgin or BT's Internet TV as Sky don't have their own network and piggyback off others.

Carl Weathers

I've got Sky stream as I moved my TV to the otherside of the livingroom and didn't fancy having cables showing.

I find it pretty decent tbh. I've got Sky sports and it all works fine. I think there is a delay as mentioned above but if it's a match you care about, just avoid the phone.

You can't record TV, which is a bit annoying but not a massive issue as most programmes seem to be available to stream.

Overall, Sky Q is better but Stream was good for me as it's compact and easy to move around.

Edited by Carl Weathers

PortyJambo

I moved house last year and went with Sky, as they don't have Virgin (which I'd been with previously) where we moved to. We went with Sky Q because of the reasons mentioned above, can't record on Sky Stream and live sport is slightly delayed. Not a big difference, but sometimes I'll start recording a programme, then watch it as it's still recording, ie. on delay. Not sure if you could do that on Sky Stream.