Having a settled core of the team

boag1874

We're starting to see a good core of the team develop where I think we have at least 5 outfield players that should be starting every game when fit to do so- Shankland, Forrest, Beni, Cochrane & Kent regardless of the system or opposition need to be playing, then if it's a back 3 Rowles starts on the left.

It's a big difference when compared to last season where I only really felt Shankland, Cochrane and then from December onwards Gino were in that position on merit rather than out of necessity (obviously largely down to injury, had Halks & Beni been fit they'd also be guaranteed starters for instance). The team lacked a spine & there was little to no continuity.

This core group are a big factor in where we are now.

hmfc_liam06

I also think we're very very close to fielding our strongest side. From last night you could argue only Rowles was missing.

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I also think we're very very close to fielding our strongest side. From last night you could argue only Rowles was missing.

Bench is and will continue to get stronger too, Devlin back, Natty & Kye. McKay closing in. Not often you get stronger going into the games coming up to the split... 

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Bench is and will continue to get stronger too, Devlin back, Natty & Kye. McKay closing in. Not often you get stronger going into the games coming up to the split... 

Also got Boyce to come back who can be a decent option on the bench.

hmfc_liam06
5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Split won't matter 😎

Americana

Aidan Denolm had hoped would be getting more game time than Grant. Apart from that the line ups always seem strong. Look forward to Halkett back starting, reckon if het gets back on his game him and Kent will be a brick wall of a defence.

OmiyaHearts
37 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Split won't matter 😎

Don't say that, I think that's been the attitude of our squad the last few years, looking at results!

Jack Torrance
1 hour ago, Hansel said:

Also got Boyce to come back who can be a decent option on the bench.

Will be lucky to see him again this season.