Goal Records for Hearts

Pans Jambo

Pans Jambo

Brilliant that our non-poached by Rangers captain surpassed Sir Rudi of Skacel’s goal scoring record of

48 goals today. Fanstasic. 

Different players,

Different times,

Different positions,

Both legends in my opinion. 

Anyway, got me to looking at London Hearts to see if Shanks’s goal reacord was anything special (cetainly is for me) and I discovered this:

Barney Battles Jnr - 153 Goals in 162 games. 
Percy Dawson - 72 goals in 92 games

Archie Garnett - 55 goals in 44 games

Loads more that had outstanding stats. 

Anyway. A standout is Zeefouik is 12 goals in just 15 games. Reminds of Shanks. 

He will glide past most of our recent modern day goal scoring record holders outside Robbo soon enough (59 for Colin Caneron & 64 for Gary MacKay).

I’m delighted he didnt leave. What a player we have!

I really hope we hold onto him past the Summer. 

He has a real chance of becoming something special at our club. He has bounced around other clubs, and knows it doesn't always work. Here's hoping he knows it too, and writes himself into the club history. 

If he keeps it up over another couple of years, he could have a statue on the Plaza. He's not necessarily going to get that elsewhere, regardless of money earned. 

This is My Story Podcast

Shankland has pretty much 50 in one and a half seasons for Hearts. If he stays at that rate, he’s on course to smash loads and loads of our records. 

Shankland all ready features in our top 50 highest goal scorers haha which is bananas.

He is a goal away from getting to 50 quicker than Robbo. 

He is the joint European top scorer for the club. 6 in 12 games.

The goal scoring record for the SPL is 212 I believe, Chris Boyd. Think Shankland is now on 57 goals in the top flight.  

If he continues to score at the rate he is and stays with us till he’s 35……….he’ll be the club’s all time leading goal scorer. 

He has 5 goals in 7 games vs Hibs. Could get to Robbos derby record if he stayed till he was 35 and scored at his current rate. 

I know he’s miles away from all of that and lots of things would have to keep falling into place for him but it just shows his true value to the club and his incredible potential to become something proper proper special for us. 

Shankland is just a different level to anything we’ve seen for a long, long time. Everything about his game is top drawer. No one talks about how skillful he is. He can glide past players like they aren’t there. Left foot, right foot, header. In the box. Out the box. He can do it all. He’s incredible. 

♥️🇱🇻

Pans Jambo
9 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Shankland has pretty much 50 in one and a half seasons for Hearts. If he stays at that rate, he’s on course to smash loads and loads of our records. 

Shankland all ready features in our top 50 highest goal scorers haha which is bananas.

The goal scoring record for the SPL is 212 I believe, Chris Boyd. Think Shankland is now on 57 goals in the top flight.  

If he continues to score at the rate he is and stays with us till he’s 35……….he’ll be the club’s all time leading goal scorer. 

He has 5 goals in 7 games vs Hibs. Could get to Robbos derby record if he stayed till he was 35 and scored at his current rate. 

I know he’s miles away from all of that and lots of things would have to keep falling into place for him but it just shows his true value to the club and his incredible potential to become something proper proper special for us. 

Shankland is just a different level to anything we’ve seen for a long, long time. Everything about his game is top drawer. No one talks about how skillful he is. He can glide past players like they aren’t there. Left foot, right foot, header. In the box. Out the box. He can do it all. He’s incredible. 

♥️🇱🇻

👍

The Old Tolbooth

I genuinely think that Shanks loves to be the big attraction with a smaller side, rather than be a small attraction with a much bigger side, he absolutely thrives at Hearts, knows he’s getting his game every week (never guaranteed in Glasgow), knows he’s on the brink of playing for Scotland at a major tournament, and knows he’s absolutely adored by the fans. 

Pans Jambo
47 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Didn't Walker hit 50 goals for us a few seasons ago?

According to London Hearts he scored 53 goals in 240 appearances. 

I believe that the most Robbo scored in one season was 31.  

Shankland will surely break that this season?  

9 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

♥️🇱🇻

Imagine another 5 years of Shankland 😍 not saying we'd win a title but I damn know for sure our chances would be alot higher building a squad around him. I'd be throwing everything at him to get him to stay. I think he would if we gave him the money he's looking for. Just do it Hearts 

BackOfTheNet

I get why some say he’s on par or surpassed Skacel (especially if too young to truly remember him), but the fact Skacel was not a forward for me means he's still ahead of Shankland for me. 2 cups too. Plus, technically I’ve not seen a better player at Hearts than Skacel. Robbo still pips it for me for sheer quantity of goals, but if I’m pressed Skacel is the best overall in terms of sheer class and ability. Robbo wouldn’t have been in a Marseille team with the equivalent of a Drogba, and neither would Shankland. But purely on contribution to Hearts, Robbo pips it. If Shankland can win a trophy with us or have is challenging at the top next season, he’s in the discussion for sure.

kingantti1874
10 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

♥️🇱🇻

I think you’re spot on with that. We should offer him a 6 year contract which would be tough to turn down. 

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I get why some say he’s on par or surpassed Skacel (especially if too young to truly remember him), but the fact Skacel was not a forward for me means he's still ahead of Shankland for me. 2 cups too. Plus, technically I’ve not seen a better player at Hearts than Skacel. Robbo still pips it for me for sheer quantity of goals, but if I’m pressed Skacel is the best overall in terms of sheer class and ability. Robbo wouldn’t have been in a Marseille team with the equivalent of a Drogba, and neither would Shankland. But purely on contribution to Hearts, Robbo pips it. If Shankland can win a trophy with us or have is challenging at the top next season, he’s in the discussion for sure.

Skacel is the top dog still for me but Shanks is creeping up on him, been very lucky to have got to see both in their pomp

Shankland hitting 20 goals was such a big deal last season, but he just moved onto 22 and no one has so much as raised an eyebrow.

16 league goals - double Kyogo’s 8. And with three missed penalties, plus a slightly slow start to the season. Absolutely nuts.

10 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I genuinely think that Shanks loves to be the big attraction with a smaller side, rather than be a small attraction with a much bigger side, he absolutely thrives at Hearts, knows he’s getting his game every week (never guaranteed in Glasgow), knows he’s on the brink of playing for Scotland at a major tournament, and knows he’s absolutely adored by the fans. 

I’m not going to get my hopes up and trying to be realistic here.  Yes he could stay and be a club legend but if he has crazy money on offer to him then I’m afraid to say it but he will be gone. 

I’m just going to enjoy watching him bang them in for us for hopefully another year and a half, he can then go and earn bags full of cash elsewhere to secure him and his family for life. 

King prawn

Shankland in the league so far this season

16 total goals

3 outside the box

4 headers

8 right foot

4 left foot

4 from corners

2 on the break.

Just scores everything. 

kingantti1874

Stating the bloody obvious but rarely do you find a guy like this.  Even rare we find one that it would be possible to keep for a longer term.

we should be going balls deep with shanks. Offer him a momentous contract, 6 years. £12k per week, retention and goal bonus’s. 

build this club around Lawrence shankland. 

If we can’t roll the dice now then when. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Mikey1874
3 hours ago, naeclue said:

Shankland hitting 20 goals was such a big deal last season, but he just moved onto 22 and no one has so much as raised an eyebrow.

16 league goals - double Kyogo’s 8. And with three missed penalties, plus a slightly slow start to the season. Absolutely nuts.