Well done Spurs (non hmfc)

H.A.N.S

Dirk Diggler

Ferguson has been doing it and getting away with it for decades.

Spurs are quite right IMO.

Aye, Spurs are the guardian's of the game and always play by the rules do they? Anyone care to tell me how Juande Ramos got the Spurs managers job again?

Every team in the EPL is at it. Probably every club in the world bends the rules - or does anyone seriously believe Webster didn't know he would end up at Ibrox??

The Old Tolbooth
Ferguson has been doing it and getting away with it for decades.

Spurs are quite right IMO.

Totally agree mate, Man U, the kings of double standards!

No Nonsense

According to Fergie, a newspaper made up the quotes attributed to him with regard to Berbatov, and Spurs have thrown the toys out the pram on the basis of some shoddy journalism. Whether this is true or not, the illegal soliciting of players and managers does go on at most big clubs these days...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7513117.stm

Ferguson was on 5 live yesterday saying that he didn't know who those quotes were from but they were certainly not from him.

Chad Sexington

Actually, Spurs might come out of this looking like prize plums.

They're basing their complaint against Man U on quotes in a paper that Fergie denies making.

Sir Alex Ferguson says Tottenham face "embarrassment" for complaining to the Premier League over Manchester United being linked to Dimitar Berbatov.

A national newspaper quoted the United manager as saying he expected to sign Bulgaria striker Berbatov, 27.

But Ferguson denied the reports, saying: "I don't know where they got those quotes from, it wasn't from me.

"It's going to be very embarrassing for Spurs because the complaint appears to be on the basis of a story in a paper."

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy accused United of being hypocritical, given that the European Champions reported Real Madrid to governing body Fifa because they believed the Spanish champions were publicly courting Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo.

And the chairman said both United and Liverpool, who reportedly want to sign Spurs captain Robbie Keane, had behaved disrespectfully.

Levy said on Friday: "The public comments by Manchester United's manager, announcing that he has made an offer for Dimitar and is confident that the deal will go through with time working in their favour, is a blatant example of sheer arrogance and interference with one of our players."

Speaking after United's 1-1 draw against Kaizer Chiefs in a Cape Town friendly, Ferguson added: "It's embarrassing for them but you know what Daniel Levy is like. He's different.

"It's something to ask chief executive David Gill about because I haven't really spoken to him about it because I've been preparing for the match."

Denny Crane
Actually, Spurs might come out of this looking like prize plums.

They're basing their complaint against Man U on quotes in a paper that Fergie denies making.

Sir Alex Ferguson says Tottenham face "embarrassment" for complaining to the Premier League over Manchester United being linked to Dimitar Berbatov.

A national newspaper quoted the United manager as saying he expected to sign Bulgaria striker Berbatov, 27.

But Ferguson denied the reports, saying: "I don't know where they got those quotes from, it wasn't from me.

"It's going to be very embarrassing for Spurs because the complaint appears to be on the basis of a story in a paper."

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy accused United of being hypocritical, given that the European Champions reported Real Madrid to governing body Fifa because they believed the Spanish champions were publicly courting Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo.

And the chairman said both United and Liverpool, who reportedly want to sign Spurs captain Robbie Keane, had behaved disrespectfully.

Levy said on Friday: "The public comments by Manchester United's manager, announcing that he has made an offer for Dimitar and is confident that the deal will go through with time working in their favour, is a blatant example of sheer arrogance and interference with one of our players."

Speaking after United's 1-1 draw against Kaizer Chiefs in a Cape Town friendly, Ferguson added: "It's embarrassing for them but you know what Daniel Levy is like. He's different.

"It's something to ask chief executive David Gill about because I haven't really spoken to him about it because I've been preparing for the match."

Wonder what exactly Demento meant by the above highlighted quote?

Spurs will be my london team when i move down there for uni *hopefully* :)

Booooo, dinny choose a big team when you come down!! Boring. Get along to Leyton O's or something. I chose QPR (pre the big money)!

See u in the pub for the JT games!!!

Have any of you actually thought about the situation?

Sir Alex hasn't said the quotes that were attributed to him. Spurs have gone off the handle over nothing and it'll be proved in due course. There's no way that Real Madrid's ludicrous unsettling pursuit of Cris Ronaldo can be compared to the Berbatov situation, as much as you all hate Man Utd.

By the way, United will **** the league again this year. ;)

I've no love for Man Utd, but the MOD EDIT are just a bunch of whining diddy scrotes.

I've no love for Man Utd, but the MOD EDIT are just a bunch of whining diddy scrotes.

And, for the record, i agree. Moaning bassas.

The Real Maroonblood
Ferguson was on 5 live yesterday saying that he didn't know who those quotes were from but they were certainly not from him.

Probably his dodgy son.

artfuldodger
Probably his dodgy son.

fergie has done it for years .liverpool done it for years before him thats what happens when you can get away with it.bigger tewams always will

scott_jambo

***** off Tottenham! Are you going to try and 'unsettle' Stewart downing this season just like last season, and the season before that!!

Joke!

Thing is though Sir Alex never said it, think a newspaper edited what he said?

Spurs have harrased people before for players and did it with Seville for Ramos, theyre going to look like a bunch of fools when they lose the case.

Seems it's not just Levy who's made a tit of himself. A few clowns clambering onto the "we hate man u" bandwagon on this thread have suffered the same fate.

Plums!

Archived