Apollo Creed

the posh bit

Benny Klack

Brilliant actor - Rocky 4 was my favourite movie as a kid.

Sad day 🙁

RIP Appollo

7 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Just seen 🙁

That's another Star Wars character fecked too soon. 😐

Erm, I think you’re confusing him with Billy Dee Williams. 
Bollocks of course he was in The Mandalorian 

Edited by Tazio

been here before

Awww Apollo man, gave the little man his shot at glory. Looks like Drago was right all along.

Responsible for one of the most homo-erotic tomfoolery known to pugilism.

Just now, Tazio said:

Erm, I think you’re confusing him with Billy Dee Williams. 

Er...guess you don't watch the Mandalorian?

Just now, Tazio said:

See my edit above. 

😉

Billy Dee is 86 so hanging in there.

Watt-Zeefuik

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jesse Ventura, and Carl Weathers were all in Predator together.

Of those, only Weathers did not go on to be governor of a US state.

I consider this a loss to the USA.

RIP big man.

EDIT: FFS spelled it Withers like Bill Withers. Not over him dying in 2020 I guess.

Edited by Watt-Zeefuik

Diadora Van Basten

When Apollo is in the swimming pool throwing balls for his two Golden retrievers that became my goal in life.

been here before
Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

When Apollo is in the swimming pool throwing balls for his two Golden retrievers that became my goal in life.

You wanted to catch Apollo Creeds balls in a pool?

vegas-voss
27 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Forgot he was in Tour of Duty. Used to love that, great music in it.

Late night TV before we had all these channels

been here before
30 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Forgot he was in Tour of Duty. Used to love that, great music in it.

That was quality late night telly. Would love to it again.

Anyhow I mibd posting this years ago about the same..

Sgt Zeke- the battle hardened vet steering his rookies through their tour with a mixture of tough love and common sense. A father figure, a little bit distant as like Billy Brown he'd seen things and been places... took it hard when one of his boys got hit. Tried not to show it...

Good lookin flyboy chopper pilot who always seemed to be taking his aviators off or carrying out some insane medivac.

Simple farmer type boy. Struggled at first to adjust to army life, just wanted to go home to Mary Anne and raise kids and a crop. Now a hardened pro, The Sgts right hand man.

Token black guy unhappy at fighting the white mans war. Just looking forward to getting back to 'the world' and his brothers on the lower East side.

Token new character in every episode who only had a few weeks left to go who you knew would die before the titles rolled.

A slower and more sombre closing theme ala The Sweeney.

Day@theraces

Carl Weathers. Show a bit of respect played more than 1 role. R.I.P Chubbs Peterson.

3 hours ago, been here before said:

Awww Apollo man, gave the little man his shot at glory. Looks like Drago was right all along.

Responsible for one of the most homo-erotic tomfoolery known to pugilism.

Talking about Apollo Creeds balls and homo eroticism. Anything you want to admit to in terms of your repressed sexuality?

Ps its perfectly acceptable to be gay, there's absolutely no need to be hijacking a thread about a great actor who portrayed an iconic character with your usual dirge. Grow up.

"only in a movie could a white man beat a black man who who was bigger, stronger. faster, and a better fighter"

RIP Carl

been here before
4 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

Talking about Apollo Creeds balls and homo eroticism. Anything you want to admit to in terms of your repressed sexuality?

Ps its perfectly acceptable to be gay, there's absolutely no need to be hijacking a thread about a great actor who portrayed an iconic character with your usual dirge. Grow up.

:rofl:

Thats some meltdown.

the posh bit
7 hours ago, Day@theraces said:

Carl Weathers. Show a bit of respect played more than 1 role. R.I.P Chubbs Peterson.

Take a day off son. 

William H. Bonney
9 hours ago, been here before said:

That was quality late night telly. Would love to it again.

Anyhow I mibd posting this years ago about the same..

Sgt Zeke- the battle hardened vet steering his rookies through their tour with a mixture of tough love and common sense. A father figure, a little bit distant as like Billy Brown he'd seen things and been places... took it hard when one of his boys got hit. Tried not to show it...

Good lookin flyboy chopper pilot who always seemed to be taking his aviators off or carrying out some insane medivac.

Simple farmer type boy. Struggled at first to adjust to army life, just wanted to go home to Mary Anne and raise kids and a crop. Now a hardened pro, The Sgts right hand man.

Token black guy unhappy at fighting the white mans war. Just looking forward to getting back to 'the world' and his brothers on the lower East side.

Token new character in every episode who only had a few weeks left to go who you knew would die before the titles rolled.

A slower and more sombre closing theme ala The Sweeney.

I've got the boxset of tour of duty. Unfortunately, it doesn't use paint it black as the intro music. 

been here before
8 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

I've got the boxset of tour of duty. Unfortunately, it doesn't use paint it black as the intro music. 

I read recently it was a copyright thing. First series nae bother subsequent ones it had to change. 

Not in the UK though where all the original music remained in it. That into was one of the things that made the series.

£50 for the boxset on Amazon 😮

William H. Bonney
5 minutes ago, been here before said:

I read recently it was a copyright thing. First series nae bother subsequent ones it had to change. 

Not in the UK though where all the original music remained in it. That into was one of the things that made the series.

£50 for the boxset on Amazon 😮

Definitely.  I got mine years ago off ebay. Imported from China. 

Better call Saul
13 hours ago, Benny Klack said:

Brilliant actor - Rocky 4 was my favourite movie as a kid.

Sad day 🙁

RIP Appollo

I can recall watching the snipit on the barry Norman show canny mind the name just now but it was my first shock movie moment as a kid when he hit the canvas 

19 hours ago, been here before said:

:rofl:

Thats some meltdown.

No meltdown. You're just a tedious bore. Nothing to add of value. Sad that you get your jollies by trying to wind random strangers up on an Internet forum.

I await you boring some more with your tedious pish....

Edited by Aaron78

been here before
6 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

No meltdown. You're just a tedious bore. Nothing to add of value. Sad that you get your jollies by trying to wind random strangers up on an Internet forum.

I await you boring some more with your tedious pish....

Imagine being so moronic you let some anonymous arsehole on the internet get you in such a mess, so stupid you keep reading his stuff rather than just scroll past and so thick you cant work the ignore function.

Cannae be easy :rofl:

17 hours ago, been here before said:

Imagine being so moronic you let some anonymous arsehole on the internet get you in such a mess, so stupid you keep reading his stuff rather than just scroll past and so thick you cant work the ignore function.

Cannae be easy :rofl:

Ahhh wrong again. You' are on ignore but this time my curiousity peaked and I wanted to see how moronic you were being. You never disappoint. Tedious as always. But you're correct in one regard. You are an anonymous arsehole. Congrats on being right just this once. 👍

Edited by Aaron78

been here before
6 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

Ahhh wrong again. You' are on ignore but this time my curiousity peaked and I want to see how moronic you were being. You never disappoint. Tedious as always. But you're correct in one regard. You are an anonymous arsehole. Congrats on being right just this once. 👍

Holly-Willoughby-Card-scaled.thumb.jpg.93b2375e813f157847e7c12ef14ebd4d.jpg

Day@theraces

Rocky 2

Rocky 1

Rocky 4

Rocky 3

Rocky 5

In that order as the films go. 1 and 2 are a toss up. But when when Adrian says win then the 'going the distance' and 'gonna fly now' montage kicks in. That's hard to beat.

34 minutes ago, been here before said:

Holly-Willoughby-Card-scaled.thumb.jpg.93b2375e813f157847e7c12ef14ebd4d.jpg

Resorting to sh1t memes. Tedious once again. We're done here. Most people on here are decent and interested in Hearts. You'd do us all a favour supporting the wee team across the city. Ps the ignore function won't be unlocked from now on. I bet that hurts 😂

been here before
4 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

Resorting to sh1t memes. Tedious once again. We're done here. Most people on here are decent and interested in Hearts. You'd do us all a favour supporting the wee team across the city. Ps the ignore function won't be unlocked from now on. I bet that hurts 😂

"The ignore function wont be unlocked" :rofl:

:Robbie: