Vargas Vargas!!

innerjambo

innerjambo

What an impact he had. What a talent he is.

Fast, skillful, energetic, tracks back, puts in crucial tackles.

Please announce him on a 4 year deal this week Hearts........🙏 

Would be happy giving him a 4 year deal. He never hides, is getting more physical in his style to suit the Scottish game. Just needs to find some consistent shooting boots!

innerjambo

He's just 21, travelled half way around the world. He's been here 6 months, and we can see there's a massive talent there. Snap him up ffs Hearts, or it won't be long until he's on the radar of others. 

Made a big impression but with a bit more composure could have scored 3

23 minutes ago, kila said:

Would be happy giving him a 4 year deal. He never hides, is getting more physical in his style to suit the Scottish game. Just needs to find some consistent shooting boots!

Yes please. 

I think he has a ways to go, he needs to more selfless in the final 3rd, he could have teed up Tait for a certain goal, and as a team our decision making in the final 3rd could be improved. 

But if we're paying a transfer fee, we should be pushing for a 4 year deal. The laddie will only get better. He's a tenacious wee terrier, not unlike an attacking Devlin :D Lets make sure we're getting our money's worth for when it comes to agreeing the contract, long contract and give him the time and space he needs to develop. 

30 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

What an impact he had. What a talent he is.

Fast, skillful, energetic, tracks back, puts in crucial tackles.

Please announce him on a 4 year deal this week Hearts........🙏 

Interchanging him and Oda on the bench id petfect. You soften him up, I'll finish him off...

innerjambo
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Interchanging him and Oda on the bench id petfect. You soften him up, I'll finish him off...

You can see the confidence growing in Oda. I think Kenny has bags of confidence anyway, just the way he is.

john thomas
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yes there were grumbles (really) about him getting subbed on Tuesday. It worked perfectly 

innerjambo
2 minutes ago, Don Dan said:

5 year deal surely.

Wouldn't mind that either tbh. The boy looks like the real deal, and only going to improve. 

Daveandal
12 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yes please. 

I think he has a ways to go, he needs to more selfless in the final 3rd, he could have teed up Tait for a certain goal, and as a team our decision making in the final 3rd could be improved. 

But if we're paying a transfer fee, we should be pushing for a 4 year deal. The laddie will only get better. He's a tenacious wee terrier, not unlike an attacking Devlin :D Lets make sure we're getting our money's worth for when it comes to agreeing the contract, long contract and give him the time and space he needs to develop. 

Annoyingly he went on his own when a pass was on and tried a set up pass when it was easier to take it himself. He'll learn.

Really like him though. Great attitude.

LogicalEric

Decision making is a bit suspect at times but can see the potential is there. IIRC we have the option to buy him for 300k? Definitely worth the investment if so.

Takeshi kovac

Long deals have bit us on the bum in the recent past but would happily sign him up for 4 years. You can see the potential he has and will only get better next season 

5 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Considerably better than Oda.

Should have passed to Tait though!

Exciting performance off the bench today. 

If slightly critical he chose the wrong option a few times when there were real chances to score. 

Looking forward to see him develop. 

3 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

Annoyingly he went on his own when a pass was on and tried a set up pass when it was easier to take it himself. He'll learn.

Really like him though. Great attitude.

Yeah, you want a greedy striker, but you also want one that can see when there is a better option and take it. 

Plus the place would have exploded for Tait getting his first goal :) 

2 minutes ago, Takeshi kovac said:

Long deals have bit us on the bum in the recent past but would happily sign him up for 4 years. You can see the potential he has and will only get better next season 

Long deals when we've no idea what we're buying. 

IMO this is worth offering a long deal. If it doesn't work out, c'est la vie, but risk wise its worth taking IMO. 

saxondale
13 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Exciting performance off the bench today. 

If slightly critical he chose the wrong option a few times when there were real chances to score. 

Looking forward to see him develop. 

Yep. Easy decision to take up the loan to buy option to see him fully develop.

43 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

He's just 21, travelled half way around the world. He's been here 6 months, and we can see there's a massive talent there. Snap him up ffs Hearts, or it won't be long until he's on the radar of others. 

Other clubs can’t snap him up, we have an option to buy at the end of the loan, there’s literally no rush

Could see him being Gorgie AF when he gets going and create a relationship with the fans…

wasn’t a fan at all of him - hoping he proves me wrong….I’m beginning to think he will. 

HopeDiouf
13 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Does anyone know if he speaks English?

Hes learned fth

Got the basics and that’s a start.  Works hard, fights, runs hard but not short, crucially, on ability.  

Everything is there to nurture.  

Liked him since day 1. 

Edited by Debut 4

Vargas has been a tremendous signing - he's skilful with plenty of talent but the clincher for me is he never hides or forgets his defensive duties.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Nope.

We're planning to send him out on loan to a Asian club.

16 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Asked the lino if he was ok after his tumble so probably aware of the basics

AlimOzturk

If what folk are saying is correct and we have a buy out clause for 300k then wtf haven’t we already triggered it? 

Get it done. 

Mind Ricardo Fuller's loan. Tivoli Gardens sobered us up with a £750,000 asking fee. I was absolutely raging at that :laugh:

Never afraid to shoot. Which is a rare thing for Hearts players. 

Sign him. 

1 hour ago, saxondale said:

Considerably better than Oda.

Should have passed to Tait though!

Quite a few times he chose the wrong option

GarryJ-o-s
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

i seem to recall we did a treasure hunt on Twitter and he did seem to speak some. But I could easily be telling lies!

Will try and find the clip.

1 hour ago, Pap said:

Mind Ricardo Fuller's loan. Tivoli Gardens sobered us up with a £750,000 asking fee. I was absolutely raging at that :laugh:

Think this is why teams generally negotiate the fee ahead of time and add that to the contract :lol: 

Not sure why we didn't TBH, maybe another example of Hearts being ran poorly at the time. 

jamboinglasgow

I saw him post on Instagram Q and A where he gave written answers in English for questions sent in English, he did say that his English is much better. I think he said that he stopped taking English lessons as he found he was learning more from conversations with others (have heard that before from people living overseas where the advice is living in a country forces you to learn and pick it up quicker.)

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

If what folk are saying is correct and we have a buy out clause for 300k then wtf haven’t we already triggered it? 

Get it done. 

According to a Costa Rican football journalist on twitter (who first broke him coming to us) earlier in the week, we are finalising the permanent transfer (though that one talked about $2 million fee, so no one is sure if there is something lost in translation.) I do think we will announce something before the end of the window.

I do think once he has signed permanent then he will also move his wife and son over which will help him even more settle than before.

As others have said, as he has already done the hard part of settling in and getting up to speed, a long term contract of 3 or 4 years is ideal for us, that it means we have plenty time we can sell him for good money and get a season at least where he is fully up to speed.

Fort Vallance

Probably better than 90% of the posters on this board  

thegreatsd

I like the guy a lot. Plays with a smile on his face, pacey, skilful, hard worker and always on the balls of his feet. He’s improving all the time and definitely going to be some player for us. 

Gorgiewave

Had an age to shoot against Dundee and skied it. I'm not getting excited yet.

I’m in Costa Rica at present and was in a restaurant a few days ago and the TV was on in the background. Coincidentally, it was broadcasting a local sports channel and up popped a studio interview with (slightly taken aback by the coincidence)…….one Mr Kenneth Vargas.

Alas, the sound was turned down and so I’ve no idea what was being said, but the interview must have been at least 20 minutes long, and this young man was clearly very, very confident in front of the cameras/interviewer and also clearly very happy too, which cheered me up no end.

He has a bright future ahead of him, no doubt, and the potential to be a great ambassador for our club.

He’s a bit greedy sometimes but I find his energy to be quite infectious. I don’t think there’s much between him and Oda in terms of capability but Kenny has a bit more gumption about him which reminds me of Suso.

Definitely keep