Airdrie v Hearts

Guest Maroon Carpet

Guest Maroon Carpet

Does anyone remember being at an Airdrie vs Hearts league game at Broomfield sometime either late 70's or early 80's when the score was at 2-2 and there were seconds to go, and I am pretty sure it was wee doddie that hit a 20 yarder straight into the net, but the referee disallowed it as he had blew the whistle apparently before the ball had crossed the line, so unfortunately the game ended 2 all.

Doctor FinnBarr
Does anyone remember being at an Airdrie vs Hearts league game at Broomfield sometime either late 70's or early 80's when the score was at 2-2 and there were seconds to go, and I am pretty sure it was wee doddie that hit a 20 yarder straight into the net, but the referee disallowed it as he had blew the whistle apparently before the ball had crossed the line, so unfortunately the game ended 2 all.

Had to be the 80's if Doddie was involved, can't remember it tho. Try London Hearts.

:confused:

Guest Maroon Carpet
Had to be the 80's if Doddie was involved, can't remember it tho. Try London Hearts.

:confused:

Hi,

Yeah, your right, never thought about that, London Hearts should have it.

Guest Maroon Carpet
I was there. Seem to remember it being really foggy as well.

Glad you remember the match.

Do you know how to search on that London Hearts site? never can get the hang of it.

shaun.lawson
Hi Shaun,

Thanks for that, unfortunately the match in question was away.

No, I know you said that - but there are no 2-2 draws away at Airdrie from that period at all that I could find.

Guest Maroon Carpet
No, I know you said that - but there are no 2-2 draws away at Airdrie from that period at all that I could find.

I really thought it ended 2-2, perhaps cjwye could shed some light on the final score as he was there too.

Johanes de Silentio

I remember a 2-2 draw at Tynie in '79/'80 with all/most of the goals coming in the first 20 minutes. That was pre-Doddie, tho'!

sorry dont remember the score. I was about 10 I think so would have been about 78 ish. I do remember being confused at the end about score so it could have been an Airdrie win.

SectionDJambo

I think the game was at St Johnstone in the last promotion season, with only a couple of games to go. I think it finished 1-1, and although we got promoted, it cost us the championship. I remember standing behind the goals celebrating, only to see Doddie moaning to the ref walking off the field.

April 1983 Free kick mid way in St Johntsone half Ref blew whistle when ball was in air, a bit like the Clive Thomas incident with Brazil v Sweden, and Doddie's goal was disallowed. Did get revenge first game of the season with a Jimmy Bone Screamers. Still doesn't solve the mystery of the foggy Airdie game?

its all a bit of a blur back then as it was so long ago. Sorry for confusion. Remember the disallowed goal incident but also the foggy game and not being able to see over half way line. Two different games perhaps ? Makes me laugh at people moaning about times now. They obviously forget about all the crap grounds in Greenock, Airdrie, St Johnston, Ayr, Dundee. Glamour ties were friendlies against Gala Fairie Dean - not Barca !!!!!!! :)

Guest Maroon Carpet
its all a bit of a blur back then as it was so long ago. Sorry for confusion. Remember the disallowed goal incident but also the foggy game and not being able to see over half way line. Two different games perhaps ? Makes me laugh at people moaning about times now. They obviously forget about all the crap grounds in Greenock, Airdrie, St Johnston, Ayr, Dundee. Glamour ties were friendlies against Gala Fairie Dean - not Barca !!!!!!! :)

Very true, you know it may well have been 3-2 to Airdrie, I used to remember all this but sadly the old memory is going due to age, lol

OMG, it just came back to me, the game, was it not against Partick Thistle? at Firhill.

;)

Archived