Vargas

Jackhmfc1348

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, skacel103 said:

Yeah but he's better than tagawa. We really should be playing shankland for 60 mins and Boyce for 30mins most games as his replacement. 

I’ll concede that but what a low bar!

Takeshi kovac
3 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Needs to be played centrally all the time, he’s wasted out on the right.

Yeah this all day long

9 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Boys only 21 Shankland was not a better player at 21

I agree but it isn't about where he starts.

Everyone hits their peak at different times and levels.

I'd love for him to be banging in 25-30 goals within the next couple of years but there's no guarantee he'll get to that level even if he is better than some who do at this age. 

But I'm optimistic he will come good for us. He looks like he has the tools to do it.

Takeshi kovac
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Tbf although he played well and seems to have found the way to goal, he is hardly a replacement for Shankland 

We waited for 2 decades for a John Robertson replacement,  why would you think he is a Shankland replacement?. He is a young guy travelling half way across the world and is starting to find his feet. 3 in 3 and plenty more to come

Fozzyonthefence
27 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We’ve been very poor against mediocre opposition fairly often this season. We are reliant on Shankland so not detracting too much from your point. Hibs at easter Road, Ross county at home and that’s not touching on the start of the season. 

Agreed but that was the most mediocre opposition we have played this season by a country mile.  And our first game of the season without Shankland and **** me that was a hard watch today.  I didn’t think we looked like scoring after they equalised but thankfully got out of jail with another goal from a corner (something that wasn’t happening earlier in the season so at least that is another area we have improved on). 

We are very reliant on Shankland and I was responding to a post suggesting that we would be fine without him which is bat shit crazy. 

gar jambo
4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Agreed but that was the most mediocre opposition we have played this season by a country mile.  And our first game of the season without Shankland and **** me that was a hard watch today.  I didn’t think we looked like scoring after they equalised but thankfully got out of jail with another goal from a corner (something that wasn’t happening earlier in the season so at least that is another area we have improved on). 

We are very reliant on Shankland and I was responding to a post suggesting that we would be fine without him which is bat shit crazy. 

Tagawa and oda very very poor I can’t see them improving they don’t know what they are doing ! 

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, skacel103 said:

Yeah but he's better than tagawa. We really should be playing shankland for 60 mins and Boyce for 30mins most games as his replacement. 

Also, we play Shankland for 90 minutes because, unlike Boyce,  he can get a goal out of nothing like in injury time at ER.  That game finishes 0-0 if we take Shankland off.  And we lose to Ross County, draw at Livi. 

The Treasurer
6 minutes ago, Takeshi kovac said:

We waited for 2 decades for a John Robertson replacement,  why would you think he is a Shankland replacement?. He is a young guy travelling half way across the world and is starting to find his feet. 3 in 3 and plenty more to come

I think people have got the wrong impression of my comment. 

Vargas has looked good and is now adding goals which is great, but we can't put the responsibility of stepping into Shanklands role on his shoulders 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

Tagawa and oda very very poor I can’t see them improving they don’t know what they are doing ! 

We did see glimpses at the end of last season from Oda but nothing this season and we’ve seen absolutely nothing from Tagawa.  We get a lot more from Forrest and Vargas. 

Takeshi kovac

Your right , still a bit young to lead the line but a very good option to have. In a couple of years time I think Vargas will be a cracking player

gar jambo
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We did see glimpses at the end of last season from Oda but nothing this season and we’ve seen absolutely nothing from Tagawa.  We get a lot more from Forrest and Vargas. 

This what worries me if shanks goes this window and a few injuries we could end up like last season ! It’s ok to say we will buy back up but it might be too late to get fit players also ones that are available ! 

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

This what worries me if shanks goes this window and a few injuries we could end up like last season ! It’s ok to say we will buy back up but it might be too late to get fit players also ones that are available ! 

We’ve been waiting since Robbo for a striker of the quality of Shankland so I doubt many of us will be too confident that we will adequately replace him when he leaves.  Let’s be realistic, we can’t afford a like for like replacement, he would be way out of our price range. 

28 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Aye fair enough. The standard of opposition probably made it the worst tbf. As I’ve already said we rely on Shankland, hopefully we’ll not find out how much. 

Edited by GinRummy

Bull's-eye

Good young player but still looks a bit lost as to how and where he's expected to play to my eyes. Hence the wasted runs and being a yard of it on occasions.

Attitude looks fantastic though and thats half the battle, he'll do very well under a decent coach and implemented into a decent system.

27 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Oda has scored two good goals this season. Considering hardly anyone has scored that is not nothing. 

There is no getting away from it though neither of them are productive enough this season. 

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You made a totally ridiculous point about our league form and relegation without Shankland when we haven’t actually played a league game without him!  😂

Want to borrow a spade?

Doubt I could reach it without dropping you a rope ladder mate :rofl: 

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Doubt I could reach it without dropping you a rope ladder mate :rofl: 

See in your rush to jump in and have a pop at Hearts fans do you ever stop and think before you post?  

Now if you could try to explain, after struggling badly against the 8th worst team in Scotland in what was our first game of the season without Shankland, how does that in any way alleviate fans’ fears of how much we will struggle without him?  We were 2 minutes from extra time against a part time team today ffs. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

have a pop at Hearts fans

Did not realise I had hated on a group you are in that I am not . Profuse apologies mate :lol: 

Think I am a Fuzzyist ….. feel like I should give apologies and reparations to Fuzzy kind :( 

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Sooks said:

Did not realise I had hated on a group you are in that I am not . Profuse apologies mate :lol: 

I’ve literally no idea what you’re on about now.

So, no explanation of how Vargas scoring against part time Spartans means we’ll be fine against much stronger opposition without Shankland?  Thought not. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Think I am a Fuzzyist ….. feel like I should give apologies and reparations to Fuzzy kind :( 

Did that sound funny in your head?  You come on here pretending you’re some kind of intellect and know better than everyone else but time and time again you just slaver pish.  Like that. 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

Oda has scored two good goals this season. Considering hardly anyone has scored that is not nothing. 

There is no getting away from it though neither of them are productive enough this season. 

I do think Oda has suffered most from our change of formation (though still got an assist against Ross County when he was able to get down the wing and cross it in.)

Anyway ………. That Vargas lad eh ? I think he will do well . Quite the run of form . I like him ❤️

Watt-Zeefuik
8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Anyway ………. That Vargas lad eh ? I think he will do well . Quite the run of form . I like him ❤️

yup

stuart500

I like wee Kenaldo.

He's more a Ginnelly replacement though so if we are daft enough to part ways with Shankland in this window we bloody well better have a quality replacement lined up. 

Wee Kenneth will hopefully really kick on now whoever his partner up front is.

Took a couple months but we’re starting to see it with him, rapid, works hard & developing an eye for goal, perfect for us 

23 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Took a couple months but we’re starting to see it with him, rapid, works hard & developing an eye for goal, perfect for us 

Totally . Great wee player . I hope we sign him up for three years - plus an extension . Then when he becomes quality we can renegotiate , or wait out the final 18 months as the press prolapse . The knicker wearing screechers in our support will all drown in urine 

Thunder and Lightning
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Totally . Great wee player . I hope we sign him up for three years - plus an extension . Then when he becomes quality we can renegotiate , or wait out the final 18 months as the press prolapse . The knicker wearing screechers in our support will all drown in urine 

From the poster that has meltdowns on every second thread. 😂 

12 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

I haven't notice that, but you are definitely Statler or Waldorf! 😜

Thunder and Lightning
2 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

I haven't notice that, but you are definitely Statler or Waldorf! 😜

Are you his mum?

Why would I be grumpy pointing out wee sookster is on an almost permarage so in no position to have a dig at people pishing their pants? 

Sorry Mrs Sooks. 

Watt-Zeefuik

What I really want to ask him is what he sees as his normal scoring rate. What is a reasonable occurrence estimate for your goals, Vargas? What's the frequency, Kenneth?

7 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Are you his mum?

Why would I be grumpy pointing out wee sookster is on an almost permarage so in no position to have a dig at people pishing their pants? 

Sorry Mrs Sooks. 

No, it was just a joke.

pettigrewsstylist
9 hours ago, Jackhmfc1348 said:

Not sure if he already has a thread so apologies if he does 

but what a game from him today 

3 goals in 3 games aswell 

Hoping his confidence levels are up now, looks like he could be our direct runner.

Thunder and Lightning
14 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

No, it was just a joke.

OK, sorry. And I admit I had to look up the names. 😂 

4 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

OK, sorry. And I admit I had to look up the names. 😂 

They were funny a long time ago, actually they still are 👍.

Edited by jambo_74

Thunder and Lightning
5 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

They were funny a long time ago, actually they still are 👍.

😂 

As I say, my mistake, I totally took ur comment the wrong way. I blame lack of alcohol. 😂 

2 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

😂

As I say, my mistake, I totally took ur comment the wrong way. I blame lack of alcohol. 😂 

And I blame alcohol entirely 😀

2 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Aw Sparkles ………….. there was me thinking we were pals now :(  

See if little egg scores against Dundee and Aberdeen , should we celebrate ? I feel as though it might piss some people off :( 

innerjambo

You could say Vargas is a project, but a very good one, already displaying great potential. 

At 21 years of age, coming to a freezing cold country, being away from his wife and kid. I'd say he's doing pretty darn good. In 2 years time he could be a revelation. I hope we sign him permanently.

15 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

You could say Vargas is a project, but a very good one, already displaying great potential. 

At 21 years of age, coming to a freezing cold country, being away from his wife and kid. I'd say he's doing pretty darn good. In 2 years time he could be a revelation. I hope we sign him permanently.

is he married with kids ? Either way , I agree with you about him as a player . Great wee guy ❤️🇨🇷

jamboinglasgow
6 hours ago, Sooks said:

is he married with kids ? Either way , I agree with you about him as a player . Great wee guy ❤️🇨🇷

He is, has a boy who is 2 years old.