Garage recommendation

skinnybob72

skinnybob72

Anyone recommend a reliable car repair garage in the Gorebridge or surrounding area?

I'm losing patience with the one I use at present as they have become less and less reliable, never ever phone to let you know what needs done or when it will be ready, when you drop the car off you have no idea when you will see it again, etc. I won't say which garage it is!

PaddysBar
14 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

Anyone recommend a reliable car repair garage in the Gorebridge or surrounding area?

I'm losing patience with the one I use at present as they have become less and less reliable, never ever phone to let you know what needs done or when it will be ready, when you drop the car off you have no idea when you will see it again, etc. I won't say which garage it is!

I use Meadowfield motors in Newtongrange and have done for years. 

They seem to be ok and they sponsor the Hearts ladies 👍

heartsfc_fan
36 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

The Inn Garage or Station Garage.

Also used Meadowfield (mentioned above) for tyres and the service was good. They seem to do everything with car maintenance.

4 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

Another shout for Meadowfield. Good service from them 👍

skinnybob72
On 15/01/2024 at 18:52, PaddysBar said:

Thank you.

skinnybob72
On 15/01/2024 at 19:14, heartsfc_fan said:

The Inn Garage or Station Garage.

Also used Meadowfield (mentioned above) for tyres and the service was good. They seem to do everything with car maintenance.

Thank you.

skinnybob72
22 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Another shout for Meadowfield. Good service from them 👍

Thank you.

heartsfc_fan
49 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

Thank you.

👍 Lived up this way for over 8 years. Never had any issues with the 3 garages mentioned

A robust centre forward

AJS at Mayfield, just across from the doctors surgery. Used them for years and recommended to family and friends. Reliable and trustworthy, plus on main bus route from Gorebridge

Maybe abit too far out but Jimmy Allan’s up leith way (purely recommending cause it’s the mrs step dad’s garage and he helped us out when our garage was just getting up and running) 

Tam Bradford is your man for any electrical/diag issues. Theirs no a motor he canny fix but he’s closer to niddrie. 

I’d have recommended ourself but it’s been awhile since we were based in Edinburgh.